Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    to be fair we could only afford 1 max guy at that time.

but yea i don't buy that 2 stars will want to come here to play with a bare roster.

Knox, Frank and Mitch are unproven. so would our draft pick. DSJR is decent as is DOT but thats a very bare roster.
    I don't think these guys care about anything other than the big time teammate(s). LeBron is literally willing to trade the entire team for AD. They know the rest will take care of itself. Lakers added Lance, Rondo, Beasley, Chandler for next to nothing. There will be solid role players flocking to come - you know that. And the Knicks young guys are more than sufficient to be the "support" pieces. I think starting C would be the position where they would most need to shore up unless Mitch makes a leap.

On that note, are we able to go over the cap to sign DJ and Wes if we decide to keep them around? After signing 2 max?

to be fair we could only afford 1 max guy at that time.

but yea i don't buy that 2 stars will want to come here to play with a bare roster.

Knox, Frank and Mitch are unproven. so would our draft pick. DSJR is decent as is DOT but thats a very bare roster.
    Yeah but our draft pick should be a pretty good player. I have faith we will pick high even if we don't get Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I don't think these guys care about anything other than the big time teammate(s). LeBron is literally willing to trade the entire team for AD. They know the rest will take care of itself. Lakers added Lance, Rondo, Beasley, Chandler for next to nothing. There will be solid role players flocking to come - you know that. And the Knicks young guys are more than sufficient to be the "support" pieces. I think starting C would be the position where they would most need to shore up unless Mitch makes a leap.

On that note, are we able to go over the cap to sign DJ and Wes if we decide to keep them around? After signing 2 max?
    fair point.

no, DJ & Wes have monstrous cap holds that we'd need to renounce in order to sign 2 maxes. i doubt they even stick around past the deadline.

vet min deals only, but they are probably gone in less than a week

we have a chance at AD, KD and Kyrie but AD would have to be last through a trade this summer. So I'm hoping NOLA holds onto him for now.

we have a chance at AD, KD and Kyrie but AD would have to be last through a trade this summer. So I'm hoping NOLA holds onto him for now.
    that makes sense but are the FA's coming on the maybe we can pull off that trade?

We can still do a AD first now but strip the team completely. Your not getting AD for less than Knox, Frank , mitch and picks anyway no matter when it is. You can always trade Smith player of player as well.

I think that would be the funniest mid season roster you could put together Knicks ever did that.......could you imagine?

Kornet, AD..........and whoever you can get off the street lol

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    that makes sense but are the FA's coming on the maybe we can pull off that trade?

We can still do a AD first now but strip the team completely. Your not getting AD for less than Knox, Frank , mitch and picks anyway no matter when it is. You can always trade Smith player of player as well.

I think that would be the funniest mid season roster you could put together Knicks ever did that.......could you imagine?

Kornet, AD..........and whoever you can get off the street lol
    That's what I'm thinking. Somebody has to be the first superstar on the team. Who will sign with the team as presently constructed? But if you get AD here now, the other dominoes fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. Somebody has to be the first superstar on the team. Who will sign with the team as presently constructed? But if you get AD here now, the other dominoes fall into place.
    Two superfriends would come knowing they are both coming.

NY sends Kanter’s expiring, Frank, Knox, Mitch, NY 2020 1st, 2021 1st (via DAL) and 2023 1st (via DAL) to NOP for AD

2019 Guaranteed $
    Anthony Davis $27,093,019
    Dennis Smith Jr. $4,473,640
    2019 1st Rounder (Between $6-8M depending on where the pick falls; 1-4)

7 Incomplete Roster Charges
    7 x $838,464 = $5,869,248

Dead $
    Joakim Noah $6,431,666 (Stretch provision)
    Lance Thomas $1,000,000 (Waived)

2019 Salary Cap
    Used: Approx. $44,867,581
    Available: Approx. $44,867,472

By trading for AD we wouldn’t have space to accomodate two more max players... You could in theory trade this years selection as well as DSJ and take zero salary back in order to have approximately $57,341,221 in cap space. That would be enough for Kyrie’s $30M max and then someone else would have to take a small paycut for our remaining cap in order to form a big 3.

I dont get how ppl can be so optimistic of this organization of being anything but disaster first they **** up their cap situation by signing contracts like noah and thjr then they alienate their best draft pick since ewing and yet ppl feel KD AD and Kyrie are coming here lol pass me some of that pot guys.

Cap is 109m

AD=27
    Kd=39
    kyrie=33
    ghost=9.2
    Noah =6.4

Only 6 mil off the course, damn Noah's contract........Pray the NBA had a great year and the cap reach's 115m and we are golden lol

Now take KD's contract off and replace with Kawhi at 33m and we are dead on the spot.

Cap is 109m

AD=27
    Kd=39
    kyrie=33
    ghost=9.2
    Noah =6.4

Only 6 mil off the course, damn Noah's contract........Pray the NBA had a great year and the cap reach's 115m and we are golden lol

Now take KD's contract off and replace with Kawhi at 33m and we are dead on the spot.
    Is there any estimations of where the cap will rise to next year? Is 115M out of the question?

I would have to think that KD and Kyrie would be willing to sacrifice some peanuts to make it work.

I think we are better off simply using the cap and making a trade for someone like Beal after getting 2 guys to sign.

We would keep the 2019 pick, keep at least half the assets we would dump for AD, and have some legitimate depth.

Cap is 109m

AD=27
    Kd=39
    kyrie=33
    ghost=9.2
    Noah =6.4

You are missing that Lance is guaranteed $1M next season unless he’s traded. You are also missing DSJ and the 8 incomplete roster chargers on a 12 man roster.

I think we are better off simply using the cap and making a trade for someone like Beal after getting 2 guys to sign.

We would keep the 2019 pick, keep at least half the assets we would dump for AD, and have some legitimate depth.
    Hey you beat me to it lol

I was just about to go there.....Beal solidifies so much for KD and Kyrie, that is one potent threesome.

I think the way Wash will go they just may like getting a Frank, Smith, Lance, filler and tons of picks.....

The picks may just come in handy.

Actually why I wrote that about the cap is it is usually higher at the final calculations now 6m higher I doubt it but 2-4 m could be and your right would it really hurt to make 2mil less each?

Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast