Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Haven't heard anything on Kadri but I assume he's out tonight.(concussion) Likely Nylander back at centre.

Too little.. too late.

How good is Johnsson though? He's clearly the best LW on this team by a country mile or 100. Work ethic matches skill. More guys on the Leafs should take a note. Been my favorite player this year.

Also.. not to kick a dead horse. But 60% possession tonight when Hainsey and Zaitsev weren't on the ice tonight. Why we play these two in a top 4 role literally baffles me. Honestly.

The only D I trust are Dermott, Rielly and Muzzin. Dermott and Muzzin were gettin bottom pairing minutes until tonight. I've really been having a problem with how Babcock hands out ice time lately. Maybe I'm wrong though.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 02-22-2019 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Also.. not to kick a dead horse. But 60% possession tonight when Hainsey and Zaitsev weren't on the ice tonight. Why we play these two in a top 4 role literally baffles me. Honestly.

The only D I trust are Dermott, Rielly and Muzzin. Dermott and Muzzin were gettin bottom pairing minutes until tonight. I've really been having a problem with how Babcock hands out ice time lately. Maybe I'm wrong though.
    I've noticed this too. Let's just hope it's all a part of some grand playoff scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post

Yea we need at least one of Hainsey or Zaitsev gone. Preferably Hainsey because it would force Babcock to play Muzzin/Dermott more and make our top pair somewhat acceptable to face a Boston or Tampa offense. Hopefully breaking up the Gardiner-Zaitsev pair as well.

Babcock's been terrible. Last night was a glimmer of hope as our best players actually played the most minutes, we just got stoned by a hot goalie.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

I brought up that Nylander has been our best player the last month. Last night when he was on the ice the Leafs had a 75% possession rate and outshot the caps 12-2. 59% CF. For those not up on analytics CF is the difference between CORSI events in a percentage. Anything over 50% is great. Shows that his line dominated play more often than not. I'm not a big analytics guy but possession is something I put a lot of stock into.

Also Nylander is a zone entry beast. Usually always crosses the opposing blue line with control and sets up. Just thought I'd throw that out there because I know how much crap he's taken. His shooting percentage is low. Once that picks up look out.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 02-22-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Yeah he's hitting his stride and I also see him get it over the Blue line with control and that's HUGE imo. I don't like the dump and chase even a little bit. I don't think that should ever be the goal unless you're short handed or something.

I understand the need for it at times but what I'm saying is dump and chase should never be the goal.

On July 1st the Leafs pay 49.99 million in signing bonuses lol. Talk about financial muscle.

Saturday, February 23d
    Canadiens(33-21-7) vs Maple Leafs(36-20-4)
    7:00 pm est
    CBC HNIC

What a come back. Johnsson the dagger!

Andreas Johnsson is such a good player.

Monday, February 25th
    Sabres(29-24-8) vs Maple Leafs(37-20-4)
    7:00 pm est
    TSN4

Well that was some of the best hockey we have seen all season. The Leafs are flying!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Lmao @ Odawg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast