Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556
Results 826 to 838 of 838
  1. #826
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,892
    Side note, how bad is the west eh? Flyers would be currently in a playoff spot out west.

  2. #827
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,132
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    There were no options left. And just because Hart came up and lit the world on fire doesn't mean starting the year with Hart was the right move. He only had a week or 2 of really good hockey under his belt when the call up occurred.
    no there is always an option and hexy wouldve found it. I would bet a lot of money that hexy would've found someone. Was lyon injured? i dont think he was

  3. #828
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,132
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    It's not really that simple. Jake makes a lot with quite a bit of term. There would be a limited market for him.
    i know but look what homer did with richards and carter. Anything can happen, especially with the cap going up. That being said, I highly highly doubt they trade him as they see him as a piece to win short term.

  4. #829
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,132
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Let me mae this perfectly clear, I want Duchene nowhere near this team. Hockey teams are like a family and they don't need a guy in there that actively tries to divide the locer room. We aren't talking about some generational player here, simply a good player with some serious character flaws.
    eh you take chances on guys like this if it can get you to a cup. These guys can help get a team there. And you are right, hockey team are like family, i really doubt duchene can wreck this close knit flyers squad. You dont have any info except what you read and a lot can be fake

    if you put him in a room with an experienced leader or a group that strong, this stuff wouldn't even be talked about. (Look at Kane in SJS). these type of things can be fixed easily. i highly doubt duchene would cause any drama. take guys from losing teams and put them in a good environment and they should just add to the puzzle and be fine. He is easily the 2nd best forward in free agency and would make this team instantly better. Then again, i would rather have hayes as he is cheaper and a better two way forward lol

  5. #830
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,492
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Let me mae this perfectly clear, I want Duchene nowhere near this team. Hockey teams are like a family and they don't need a guy in there that actively tries to divide the locer room. We aren't talking about some generational player here, simply a good player with some serious character flaws.
    I completely understand the concern with this dude. It's why an very in depth look at who he is as a teamate would be needed before I even entertained it. I like the player. I question the person.

    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I want no part of Eberle at that number. Have you seen Eberle lately?
    Has eberle really been THAT bad?

    Then again I'm not sure who in the top 9 eberle would really upgrade either.

    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    It's not really that simple. Jake makes a lot with quite a bit of term. There would be a limited market for him.
    This is pretty true. A limited market as far as teams. Even more limited if you didnt want to take on money or retain. I still think there would be a couple teams interested in that type of deal.

    I also believe if you were willing to take a roster player back, who makes about 4 million the market grows exponentially for him. Even if said player was good.

    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Side note, how bad is the west eh? Flyers would be currently in a playoff spot out west.
    God it's frustrating being a flyers fan. This is an annual thing at this point eh? Terrible first half, great second half. Playoff Bubble here we come.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    no there is always an option and hexy wouldve found it. I would bet a lot of money that hexy would've found someone. Was lyon injured? i dont think he was
    Lyon was healthy but had proven to be less than an NHL goalie. I'm not sure we can hexy wouldnt have given him a chance at that point.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    eh you take chances on guys like this if it can get you to a cup. These guys can help get a team there. And you are right, hockey team are like family, i really doubt duchene can wreck this close knit flyers squad. You dont have any info except what you read and a lot can be fake

    if you put him in a room with an experienced leader or a group that strong, this stuff wouldn't even be talked about. (Look at Kane in SJS). these type of things can be fixed easily. i highly doubt duchene would cause any drama. take guys from losing teams and put them in a good environment and they should just add to the puzzle and be fine. He is easily the 2nd best forward in free agency and would make this team instantly better. Then again, i would rather have hayes as he is cheaper and a better two way forward lol
    Im not sure I take a chance on duchenne the person either. He has baggage. I'm not sure how much is on him though. Ottawa has long been a dumpster fire and Colorado hasnt actually been much better. I mean their coach quit about a week before preseason a couple years. That screams dysfunction to me.


    That said, if you're locking up a 29 year old long term with his history, you better be damn sure hes turned the corner. I wouldn't be upset if they balked on him in favor of another top 6 center.



    I still want the Bread Man. Point per game players dont hit the market very often. When they do, you have to try and land them.

    7 years 75 million might be close.

  6. #831
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,132
    i dont want eberle either, why block a roster spot for someone who is average. Just let frost do his thing

  7. #832
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,964
    i dont want eberle either, why block a roster spot for someone who is average. Just let frost do his thing
    because 25 goals and ~55 points per 82 games is what average looks like:
    Code:
    Season    Age  Tm GP    G    A  PTS   PPG  PPA ATOI
    2013-14    23 EDM 80   28   37   65    7   13 19:33
    2014-15    24 EDM 81   24   39   63    6   15 19:03
    2015-16    25 EDM 69   25   22   47    7    4 17:51
    2016-17    26 EDM 82   20   31   51    4   10 16:46
    2017-18    27 NYI 81   25   34   59    3    7 16:04
    2018-19    28 NYI 60   13   17   30    6    5 16:33
    i'm not arguing that eberle is playing poorly; he is. however, the bulk of his performance is too consistently competent to be overshadowed by one down season, imo. because of that, i think it's likely that he'll bounce back next season.

    if i'm right, his contract will be a bargain, thereby providing the kind of surplus value that turns good teams into cup contending teams. and he would also be a perfect complement for any of our wingers (other than konecny, i guess), since he can play on either side of the ice, he's a solid playmaker, and he's actually willing to ****ing shoot.
    I want no part of Eberle at that number. Have you seen Eberle lately?
    he looks a lot like claude giroux when giroux was playing through that hip injury a few years ago.
    Last edited by steagles; 03-02-2019 at 05:20 PM.

  8. #833
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,492
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    because 25 goals and ~55 points per 82 games is what average looks like:
    Code:
    Season    Age  Tm GP    G    A  PTS   PPG  PPA ATOI
    2013-14    23 EDM 80   28   37   65    7   13 19:33
    2014-15    24 EDM 81   24   39   63    6   15 19:03
    2015-16    25 EDM 69   25   22   47    7    4 17:51
    2016-17    26 EDM 82   20   31   51    4   10 16:46
    2017-18    27 NYI 81   25   34   59    3    7 16:04
    2018-19    28 NYI 60   13   17   30    6    5 16:33
    i'm not arguing that eberle is playing poorly; he is. however, the bulk of his performance is too consistently competent to be overshadowed by one down season, imo. because of that, i think it's likely that he'll bounce back next season.

    if i'm right, his contract will be a bargain, thereby providing the kind of surplus value that turns good teams into cup contending teams. and he would also be a perfect complement for any of our wingers (other than konecny, i guess), since he can play on either side of the ice, he's a solid playmaker, and he's actually willing to ****ing shoot.
    he looks a lot like claude giroux when giroux was playing through that hip injury a few years ago.
    I'm not completely against eberle. I'm just not sure which winger he will definitively be more effective than in the flyers top 9 already. Maybe Hartman?

    Without any trades, the flyers wingers are currently

    Giroux, TK, jake, Oskar, JVR and Hartman.

    I guess if you move G back to center Eberle would make more sense, or if you moved someone else for an impactful upgrade somewhere else and used eberle as a replacement.

    Personally I'd like a more impactful signing. Unless eberle is used as a replacement for Jake. That would make a lot of sense.

    Panarin-G-TK
    Oskar-Couts-eberle
    JVR-Patrick-Hartman

    Provy-(jake trade)
    Sanheim-myers
    Morin/hagg-Ghost

  9. #834
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,132
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    because 25 goals and ~55 points per 82 games is what average looks like:
    Code:
    Season    Age  Tm GP    G    A  PTS   PPG  PPA ATOI
    2013-14    23 EDM 80   28   37   65    7   13 19:33
    2014-15    24 EDM 81   24   39   63    6   15 19:03
    2015-16    25 EDM 69   25   22   47    7    4 17:51
    2016-17    26 EDM 82   20   31   51    4   10 16:46
    2017-18    27 NYI 81   25   34   59    3    7 16:04
    2018-19    28 NYI 60   13   17   30    6    5 16:33
    i'm not arguing that eberle is playing poorly; he is. however, the bulk of his performance is too consistently competent to be overshadowed by one down season, imo. because of that, i think it's likely that he'll bounce back next season.

    if i'm right, his contract will be a bargain, thereby providing the kind of surplus value that turns good teams into cup contending teams. and he would also be a perfect complement for any of our wingers (other than konecny, i guess), since he can play on either side of the ice, he's a solid playmaker, and he's actually willing to ****ing shoot.
    he looks a lot like claude giroux when giroux was playing through that hip injury a few years ago.
    yes but you want him at 3/4aav which is crazy. He wont do that. Silfverberg just got 5.25 for 5 years, what makes you think he will get less? He is for sure getting 5+

  10. #835
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,964
    I'm not completely against eberle. I'm just not sure which winger he will definitively be more effective than in the flyers top 9 already. Maybe Hartman?

    Without any trades, the flyers wingers are currently

    Giroux, TK, jake, Oskar, JVR and Hartman.
    "we have too many good players"
    -- noone
    (...because noone has ever said it)


    eberle this year, in his worst NHL season, has 13 goals and 30 points.
    ryan hartman has 10 goals and 21 points.
    oscar lindblom has 12 goals and 25 points (in his "breakout" year).



    sign eberle for 1-3 years (depending on how his health checks out)
    sign riley sheahan for 2 years
    resign talbot
    resign elliott
    do XXXX for a 2nd line center (maybe we finally ...you know what, **** it. let's go big:)
    trade lindblom, a 2019 2nd round pick and a conditional 2020 1st round pick (CAR gets it if we win the cup next year; if not, they get a 2020 3rd round pick) to CAR for jordan staal

    giroux - couturier - frost
    JVR - patrick - eberle
    konecny - staal - voracek
    laughton - sheahan - hartman

    provorov - sanheim
    ghost - myers
    hagg - gudas

    hart / talbot / elliott



    that would be one of the strongest groups of bottom 6 forwards in the NHL. size, speed, skill, experience; you could play either of those lines in any situation.
    that would also be one of the best 2nd and 3rd D-pairs in the NHL.

    the 1st line would be average/ish (unless frost can give us 25/60 as a rookie, in which case, it could sneak into the top 10).
    the 2nd line is below average, but still dangerous.

    the first D-pair...idk.
    goalies...same.
    Last edited by steagles; 03-02-2019 at 06:18 PM.

  11. #836
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,964
    yes but you want him at 3/4aav which is crazy. He wont do that. Silfverberg just got 5.25 for 5 years, what makes you think he will get less? He is for sure getting 5+
    if eberle can get more from someone else, that's fine. you just move on.

    bad contracts do not set the market.

  12. #837
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,892
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    if eberle can get more from someone else, that's fine. you just move on.

    bad contracts do not set the market.
    Actually they kinda do.

  13. #838
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •