Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i could see NSH as a destination for voracek.

maybe something like tolvanen, fiala, bonino and a conditional pick or two.

i also see them as a fit for the megadeal that some people think fletcher is dying to make. maybe voracek and hagg for subban.
    I don't see Nashville dealing Tolvanen. They are pretty geeked out about him. I'd be surprised to see Fiala move too for that matter, but lavi's usage of him has been horrendous. He'd easily be on a 60+ point pace if he got regular top 6 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I don't see Nashville dealing Tolvanen. They are pretty geeked out about him. I'd be surprised to see Fiala move too for that matter, but lavi's usage of him has been horrendous. He'd easily be on a 60+ point pace if he got regular top 6 minutes
    That situation reads that Fiala would be available. It looks like a time where a team uses a guy for a win now move when really they had the piece all along

Don't get me wrong I would be pretty geeked out if Fletcher pulled that offer, but Nashville would be out of their minds to make that deal. Would make the Flyers instantly better.

Fiala-Couturier-Voracek
    JVR-Giroux-Konecny
    Lindblom/Laughton-Patrick-Lindblom/Laughton
    Raffl-Vorobyev-Varrone

That is a really good top 9. Basically would have 3 1st/2nd line caliber lines. 4th line still isn't very good, but if the worst problem you have is improving the 4th line you're doing pretty well.

Don't get me wrong I would be pretty geeked out if Fletcher pulled that offer, but Nashville would be out of their minds to make that deal. Would make the Flyers instantly better.

Fiala-Couturier-Voracek
    JVR-Giroux-Konecny
    Lindblom/Laughton-Patrick-Lindblom/Laughton
    Raffl-Vorobyev-Varrone

That is a really good top 9. Basically would have 3 1st/2nd line caliber lines. 4th line still isn't very good, but if the worst problem you have is improving the 4th line you're doing pretty well.
    If we follow this hypothetical train one step further. Sign stone or panarin on the offseason.

Fiala-couts-jake
    Panarin-g-tk
    Jvr-patrick-lindblom
    Nak/rubstov/vorobyev/laughton/bailey/xxx

That just might be a contender.

Especially with some combo of

Provy-sanhein
    Ghost-myers
    Hagg-gudas
    Morin

Hart
    Stolarz

id rather have giroux on the wing and sign a center. if we have fiala he can battle for top 6 lw minutes with jvr.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    id rather have giroux on the wing and sign a center. if we have fiala he can battle for top 6 lw minutes with jvr.
    I agree with this approach. Using a combination of Ghost, Rubtsov, picks, and Simmonds to acquire a legit 2nd center or a scoring wing with speed so G can keep playing wing and we match up better all around the ice. Patty will be terrific when he is 22 and needs to get practice at the NHL level to develop offensive consistency ... 3line is perfect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I agree with this approach. Using a combination of Ghost, Rubtsov, picks, and Simmonds to acquire a legit 2nd center or a scoring wing with speed so G can keep playing wing and we match up better all around the ice. Patty will be terrific when he is 22 and needs to get practice at the NHL level to develop offensive consistency ... 3line is perfect for him.
    I don't think there's any way that Simmonds is going to be used to get a 2nd center right now. Simmonds is a rental. Teams who want a rental, aren't giving up NHL talent right now for him because they don't want to add and subtract at the same moment.

More likely, it'll happen in the offseason. And we'll deal some combination of a young d-man (it doesn't need to be Ghost), picks and prospects (potentially picks acquired from a Simmonds trade) to get the young forward. Personally, I don't care if its a center or a wing. I think Frost as 3C next year with Patrick at 2C would be a fine look, so I think pigeon holing the team into "young 2C" limits the options. If the best forward happens to be a C, great, but if it's a wing, then take the wing, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I don't think there's any way that Simmonds is going to be used to get a 2nd center right now. Simmonds is a rental. Teams who want a rental, aren't giving up NHL talent right now for him because they don't want to add and subtract at the same moment.

More likely, it'll happen in the offseason. And we'll deal some combination of a young d-man (it doesn't need to be Ghost), picks and prospects (potentially picks acquired from a Simmonds trade) to get the young forward. Personally, I don't care if its a center or a wing. I think Frost as 3C next year with Patrick at 2C would be a fine look, so I think pigeon holing the team into "young 2C" limits the options. If the best forward happens to be a C, great, but if it's a wing, then take the wing, IMO.
    They don't need to trade for a center. They could sign Hayes or Staal in free agency. Both a big centers that can skate.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    They don't need to trade for a center. They could sign Hayes or Staal in free agency. Both a big centers that can skate.
    i would like this. have frost be a wing, i think he can be our version of marner (our version, not saying he will be him). Rather have staal cus i dont want hayes at 6million a year.

i would like this. have frost be a wing, i think he can be our version of marner (our version, not saying he will be him). Rather have staal cus i dont want hayes at 6million a year.
    I'd rather have Hayes of the 2.

I'd rather have Hayes of the 2.
    i wouldn't for 6mill for 4+ years.

I don't care if he plays wing or center. He should excell at both, currently. He can be our Marner. Or our young Giroux. I'm not picky. I think he's fine either place.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I want neither. Both seem like bad investments long term. I'd prefer the team to stay away from any FAs. FAs don't work out well and I find them to be "cherry on top" type things. Those that push you over. I think neither pushes us over.

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 02-04-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I want neither. Both seem like bad investments long term. I'd prefer the team to stay away from any FAs. FAs don't work out well and I find them to be "cherry on top" type things. Those that push you over. I think neither pushes us over.

Staal would not be a long term investment. He'd be on a contract of between 1-3 years at a reasonable cap hit. He's not young anymore. Hayes would be an excellent 2nd or 3rd line center. He can skate and is a big man.

Staal would not be a long term investment. He'd be on a contract of between 1-3 years at a reasonable cap hit. He's not young anymore. Hayes would be an excellent 2nd or 3rd line center. He can skate and is a big man.
    Why block a Flyers prospect for Staal or Hayes? Hayes is likely to be overpaid on the market and Staal is a 2-3 year pact for a player we will likely be able to internally replace in 1-2 years. On a one year deal, sure, but there's little reason for him to take a one year deal. The team will likely have Couts, Patrick, Frost, Voro, Rubustov all ready for minutes next year alone, at some juncture. Within another year or two we could add our newest draft pick (if it's a center), and O'Brien perhaps. And that still allows for the trade market.

In the end, Staal and Hayes are not options I'm very interested in. Let's see what we have already and then check the trade market. Realistically, a 3C of Frost or Patrick sounds like a good thing next year and we can make that happen internally. For free.

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast