Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    If we go over .500 by 3 or more games, not including OTL, before the TDL ... then I think we have problems in getting caught between the brain and the heat. Brain says to trade him regardless and the season is a wash. Heart says go for the playoffs, anything can happen. The heart is 100% wrong but powerful.
    Thing is, I think the train can keep rolling without Simmonds. He's been a mostly non factor during this winning streak. He can be moved for help now+future help.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I hate them. The are the most hideous jerseys they have ever come up with. With the 50th anniversary jerseys with the gold trim being a close 2nd. If you want to use an alternate black jersey, just go back to the classic 90's black jerseys. I absolutely loved those.
    I liked the 90s Black Jersey I refer to them as the lindros Jersey.

The black stadium series jersey to me was fine. It was a let down, considering the quality of the white winter classic jersey they wore against Boston, yet it was finally another black.

Remember the Forsberg era jersey with the silver? I liked them at the time because I was young. Looking back, they were horrendous

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I liked the 90s Black Jersey I refer to them as the lindros Jersey.

The black stadium series jersey to me was fine. It was a let down, considering the quality of the white winter classic jersey they wore against Boston, yet it was finally another black.

Remember the Forsberg era jersey with the silver? I liked them at the time because I was young. Looking back, they were horrendous
    Ugh yeah those were hideous too. That whole era of Flyers jersey were hideous.

Thing is, I think the train can keep rolling without Simmonds. He's been a mostly non factor during this winning streak. He can be moved for help now+future help.
    I agree with your statement. But likely locker room chemistry will be valued too much.

100% we can but everyone knows he is the emotional leader and a presence both on the ice and off. If this team is rolling and are within shot come the deadline, fletcher might have no choice but to keep him. Hell, even hexy wouldn't do that. He was the one that spent a 3rd on mrazek and said that its not fair to the boys to not get some help after all the hard work they put it. Unless he gets help now for simmonds (which might mean acquiring a lesser pick) then I can't see it happening. I really hope im wrong.

So something like bjork and 2nd. idk. Hopefully we can trade simmonds to dallas for a 1st and an expiring 3rd line winger so that we can replace simmonds and get the pick.

great bjugstad to penguins. i hate them

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    100% we can but everyone knows he is the emotional leader and a presence both on the ice and off. If this team is rolling and are within shot come the deadline, fletcher might have no choice but to keep him. Hell, even hexy wouldn't do that. He was the one that spent a 3rd on mrazek and said that its not fair to the boys to not get some help after all the hard work they put it. Unless he gets help now for simmonds (which might mean acquiring a lesser pick) then I can't see it happening. I really hope im wrong.

So something like bjork and 2nd. idk. Hopefully we can trade simmonds to dallas for a 1st and an expiring 3rd line winger so that we can replace simmonds and get the pick.
    I'm telling you guys the deal to make

Burakovsky and a 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I'm telling you guys the deal to make

Burakovsky and a 1st.
    1st-caps wont do that
    2nd-we wont trade simmonds within our division

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    1st-caps wont do that
    2nd-we wont trade simmonds within our division
    Both teams would he making mistakes.

Burakovsky has 12 pts. That's less than me.

The flyers would be moronic not to give the caps every chance to give wayne Simmonds a long term deal. No better way to sabatoge a divison rival

great bjugstad to penguins. i hate them
    October 21, 2017:
    in: riley sheahan
    out: scott wilson (later traded for a 2019 5th round pick), 2018 3rd round pick

February 23, 2018:
    in: Derrick Brassard, Vincent Dunn, 2018 3rd round pick
    out: Ian Cole (later traded for a 2020 3rd round pick), Filip Gustavsson, 2018 1st round pick, 2019 3rd round pick

February 1, 2019:
    in: nick bjugstad, jared mccann
    out: derrick brassard, riley sheahan, 2019 2nd round pick, 2019 4th round pick, 2019 4th round pick

if you algebra all of that out, they traded:
    a 1, a 2, two 3s, two 4s, a 5, and a very highly rated goalie prospect
    for
    bjugstad and mccann

btw:
    bjugstad (this season):
    32 GP, 5 goals, 12 points

mccann (this season):
    46 GP, 8 goals, 18 points

scott laughton (this season):
    51 GP, 7 goals, 19 points
    Last edited by steagles; 02-02-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    October 21, 2017:
    in: riley sheahan
    out: scott wilson (later traded for a 2019 5th round pick), 2018 3rd round pick

February 23, 2018:
    in: Derrick Brassard, Vincent Dunn, 2018 3rd round pick
    out: Ian Cole (later traded for a 2020 3rd round pick), Filip Gustavsson, 2018 1st round pick, 2019 3rd round pick

February 1, 2019:
    in: nick bjugstad, jared mccann
    out: derrick brassard, riley sheahan, 2019 2nd round pick, 2019 4th round pick, 2019 4th round pick

if you algebra all of that out, they traded:
    a 1, a 2, two 3s, two 4s, a 5, and a very highly rated goalie prospect
    for
    bjugstad and mccann

btw:
    bjugstad (this season):
    32 GP, 5 goals, 12 points

mccann (this season):
    46 GP, 8 goals, 18 points

scott laughton (this season):
    51 GP, 7 goals, 19 points
    So what I'm reading, is it's hard to have capable depth when you have elite talent at the top of the lineup. Not only is it hard, but one mistake when it comes to identifying these bottom half of the lineup guys, it becomes extremely expensive to correct.

Lets hope the flyers can successfully fill a few of these roles internally.

...lucky goal by them and a sluggish start for the Flyers... Hart is standing on his head right now...

You can hear the ref there saying "My bad on the whistle" because that puck was free behind Talbot lol

Jake looks like hes ready to do jake things.

Other than that this team has been blah at best in the first.

I've seen enough of varrone at this point to be confident when I say he isnt a good NHL 4th liner

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast