Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

IGT: February "Trade deadline & beyond"

Simmonds to the highest bidder. Elliot, McNenna, and Neuvy for whatever you can get. Move MacD Fletcher and you will be a hero

I want to see Voracek moved too. I know he's a good player, but I feel similarly to him as I did to Jeff Carter. I'm just tired of him.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I want to see Voracek moved too. I know he's a good player, but I feel similarly to him as I did to Jeff Carter. I'm just tired of him.
    Someone with Jake's contract is difficult to move during the season for fair value. If he's moved you're typically looking at something around the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Someone with Jake's contract is difficult to move during the season for fair value. If he's moved you're typically looking at something around the draft.
    I know, and I fully expect to be disappointed. I don't think Jake will be moved. There are worse things than having a good player on your team, even one you may not care for. Jake is certainly a good player.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I know, and I fully expect to be disappointed. I don't think Jake will be moved. There are worse things than having a good player on your team, even one you may not care for. Jake is certainly a good player.
    We seem to be thinking of Jake the same way TOR felt about Kessel, maybe? TOR had to retain salary to move him. Just throwing that out there.

Also, I see the Pends got Bjugstand and McCann for Brassard, Sheehan, a 2nd and 2 4ths. I've always liked Bjugstand in theory, but I haven't exactly followed him closely.

Oh, and hate the Stadium Series jerseys. Maybe it'll grown on me, but that orange it TOO orange.

I really don't think simmonds will be traded now. I hate this.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    I really don't think simmonds will be traded now. I hate this.
    He's still getting moved. Have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by lambofgode3x View Post
    Oh, and hate the Stadium Series jerseys. Maybe it'll grown on me, but that orange it TOO orange.
    Well, they are better than those hideous black jerseys they wore last time. Could've used a little more black trim and defined lines. Color scheme is fine, it's just too plain.
    Last edited by CasperX22; 02-01-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Well, they are better than those hideous black jerseys they wore last time. Could've used a little more black trim and defined lines. Color scheme is fine, it's just too plain.
    The black jerseys that are still being used as an alternate? I'm sorry but you are just plain wrong with this one.

I wasn't a fan of those either. They grew on me a bit but not much.

For me, the new ones are the wrong shade of orange.

We seem to be thinking of Jake the same way TOR felt about Kessel, maybe? TOR had to retain salary to move him. Just throwing that out there.

Also, I see the Pends got Bjugstand and McCann for Brassard, Sheehan, a 2nd and 2 4ths. I've always liked Bjugstand in theory, but I haven't exactly followed him closely.
    Kessel and jake aren't completely comparable.

-The leafs were set in the fact they needed a full teardown and rebuild

-kessel has a no trade clause, not sure when it kicked in, either way a NTC looming reduces value

-the salary cap whe. Kessel was traded was 71.4. Now its 79.5 and likely to continue to rise. The difference is the entirety of Jake's cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    The black jerseys that are still being used as an alternate? I'm sorry but you are just plain wrong with this one.
    I hate them. The are the most hideous jerseys they have ever come up with. With the 50th anniversary jerseys with the gold trim being a close 2nd. If you want to use an alternate black jersey, just go back to the classic 90's black jerseys. I absolutely loved those.

I wasn't a fan of those either. They grew on me a bit but not much.

For me, the new ones are the wrong shade of orange.
    They're Halloween colors. The color scheme doesn't bother me. They look took much like some bad little league straight out of the 70's with the numbers, lettering, and logo just slapped on there. There needs to be some sharp lines in there or some sort of design.

He's still getting moved. Have faith.
    If we go over .500 by 3 or more games, not including OTL, before the TDL ... then I think we have problems in getting caught between the brain and the heat. Brain says to trade him regardless and the season is a wash. Heart says go for the playoffs, anything can happen. The heart is 100% wrong but powerful.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast