Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AD Trade Talk

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    not saying that they would, just that if we were to trade for Davis without blowing up the entire team, it'd have to include one of our max contracts (Horford or Hayward) to work. As much as you dislike Irving, I highly doubt Ainge would trade him out of all of the players because he's obviously trying to team up Davis, Irving and Tatum.
    Not gonna happen. And without sounding hyperbolic, if the C's build around KI long-term I'll probably stop watching. Today's presser is only the beginning. Hard to root for guys like that.

(Strongly dislike though, not hate).

How many times did Pats fans clutch their pearls when BB unloaded high-end talent for the good of the team? Different league, sure, but Belichick has exiled guys like Kyrie for 19 years. Not worried about losing him (unless it's to F/A and the team gets nothing in return).

My prediction is he's getting dealt to LA in a multi-team. And the dream: he comes back to the Garden in an epic Christmas Day match-up. Kids crush it and he and Bronny get lit on national TV.
    Last edited by elements1985; 02-01-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Trade Kyrie, f'n clown.

I know it's heresy to trade with LAL, but part of Danny's magic is feeding on desperate executives. If NOP wont deal AD to Lakers, an entire season is lost in Bron's prime, pressure will be mount on Pelinka. Kawhi goes to LAC/stays in Toronto, KD/Klay stay in GS, it's panic mode.

Who else is as desperate as Magic? And Bron doesn't care about long-term implications, just wants his toys now -- like a child.

A multi-team deal between LA, (Minny -- KAT/NOP -- Davis) and Boston will help maximize Kyrie's trade value, tield a return that we'd never get 1 on 1, and perhaps prevent a super-team from starting in NY.

I can't imagine Kyrie going West, big dramatic reunion with LeBron, and then he splits to NY. And no Kyrie reduces chances of KD in Knicks.
    Last edited by elements1985; 02-01-2019 at 08:42 PM.

If Kyrie decides to leave July 1st, who cares... The best players in the league have been slowly ruining the NBA... I love what Kyrie has brought to the C's, but if he decides to go to NY let's not forget, he was the same guy who said the Earth was flat... He backtracked on that though... If he decides to go to NY, he can't back track on that... James Dolan has been the worst owner and that's why the Knicks will never win another championship...

As for Kyrie, what did the C's give up...??? The 8th pick in a draft...??? I care more about Hayward getting on track going into the playoffs...
    Last edited by Forever35; 02-01-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

How much fun would would a MIL/BOS rivalry headlined by Giannis and AD be?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    If Kyrie decides to leave July 1st, who cares... What did the C's give up...??? The 8th pick in a draft...??? I care more about Hayward getting on track going into the playoffs...
    Who cares? It's literally the decision that sets the next 5 years. Losing a top 10 player to F/A would be a disaster. You can't just let him walk, because if he walks it's probably to NYK.

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    How much fun would would a MIL/BOS rivalry headlined by Giannis and AD be?
    https://twitter.com/sayneykid/status...87204117962752

Kinda dissing his own son, IMO. IT was an overachieving system player. Had the C's given him a max, they would be porked.

But yeah, kid did play his heart out.

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    Kinda dissing his own son, IMO. IT was an overachieving system player. Had the C's given him a max, they would be porked.

But yeah, kid did play his heart out.

1. How loyal is requesting a trade?
    2. Where is IT now....

No loyalty, but your son demands a trade for playing a sport where he's making millions of dollars just shut up. Ainge has to stressed trying to decide what to do. Let it play out knowing you might lose Kyrie for nothing? Trade Kyrie for a haul? If you trade Kyrie do you trade Horford?

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    No loyalty, but your son demands a trade for playing a sport where he's making millions of dollars just shut up. Ainge has to stressed trying to decide what to do. Let it play out knowing you might lose Kyrie for nothing? Trade Kyrie for a haul? If you trade Kyrie do you trade Horford?
    Losing Kyrie to F/A for nothing is a doomsday scenario:

1. KI is a top 10 player and therefore a top-tier asset

2. Talent is concentrating on specific teams/markets, making F/A much more competitive for teams like Boston

3. Celtics don't have an illustrious track record in free agency

4. Ainge's cache of draft picks isn't as valuable as before (decreased odds of landing a franchise player)

5. Only have 1-2 years left of Brown and Tatum respectively (side note: which is why a JT/JB for AD is unlikely - they don't have much team control left and likely won't re-sign)

6. Hayward could conceivably never return to form. Al's days in Boston are waning

7. Given the reported inner tensions, Kyrie could light a match to Brad's system/culture and walk away. Coach may never have same respect from young players.

Only scenario in which Danny gets great value for Kyrie is to deal out to Los Angeles in a multi-team. I know I sound like a broken record. LeBron gets his star (and therefore salvages a crucial year of his prime). Plus the organization is so arrogant that they think they'll easily re-sign. In addition to Kawhi or Klay or KD.

All we need is NOP to stand strong on not dealing AD to LA. If that happens, Danny could fleece the Lakers like the Nets (Kyrie and Bron ain't winning anything, but Magic would walk away thinking he won the deal - classic DA trade).

Well you point out all the worst case scenarios if Kyrie walks it doesn’t necessarily mean doomsday.

Let’s say AD goes to LA, Kyrie walks and we resign Rozay and roll with the young guys. Obviously it takes us a step back from title contenders but doomsday??

Rozay/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Horford

Keep Hayward on the bench to run with the second unit point forward style which suits him best.

“Boston isn’t a FA spot” we always hear that but for most of the 90/00’s we didn’t have money to sign a big FA and the last few years we got some of the biggest fish on the market.

We’d keep our assets, picks and have money to sign JT/JB. I think Al resigns for less when his contracts up.

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Well you point out all the worst case scenarios if Kyrie walks it doesn’t necessarily mean doomsday.

Let’s say AD goes to LA, Kyrie walks and we resign Rozay and roll with the young guys. Obviously it takes us a step back from title contenders but doomsday??

Rozay/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Horford

Keep Hayward on the bench to run with the second unit point forward style which suits him best.

“Boston isn’t a FA spot” we always hear that but for most of the 90/00’s we didn’t have money to sign a big FA and the last few years we got some of the biggest fish on the market.

We’d keep our assets, picks and have money to sign JT/JB. I think Al resigns for less when his contracts up.
    It's doomsday for a team aspiring to continue this upward trajectory towards a championship. That starting 5 would be nice, 3rd or 4th seed, but not championship unless Tatum emerges a top 3 player and they get more help. Hayward on the bench under that contract would be a disaster.

Also, JT and JB have very little team control left (hence why I don't think C's package to NOP this summer is as compelling as others). Who knows what the team/player relationship will be anyways.

It's not just that C's aren't a F/A destination. It's that they haven't had great success in F/A PLUS the consolidation of talent around the league in major markets. In years past, you might pluck a great player for the right price. Now that's becoming more difficult.

And listen Kyrie's presser yesterday: there's no deference to the "mystique" of being a Celtic. He's a hired gun in it for himself, like most players. Meaning the "sell" of Boston isn't the same with these millenial players.

BTW, such a strange press conference yesterday. There you are in Boston, amidst the greatest run in NFL/maybe sports history with Pats pushing for #6, and there's no awareness on how that behavior could reverberate in this market. Very strange guy, very dangerous to A) build around him B) wait around to wait for him in order to build around him.

I'd try and trade him before the deadline, and see if we can snag Mo bamba from ORL in a separate deal. I read he is available because he was almost shipped to DAL for DSJ. We know Ainge loves Bamba, we can start a young squad with Rozier, Brown, Tatum, Bamba, and Rob Williams
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

3 team trade: POR-NO-BOS

POR - K.Irving, Rozier, (LAC 1st & Bos 1st - via Celts). If KI leaves they will have TR.

NO - G.Hayward, Z.Collins, (Mem 1st & Sac 1st - via Celts)

BOS - D.Lillard, A.Davis

Lillard JB JT Horford AD

If AD leaves later....celts still will have a core of Lillard JB JT Smart Williams to build around.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast