Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AD Trade Talk

AD Trade Talk

Thanks guys glad to be back

The day has finally come where AD requests a trade, we have to wait till the offseason unless Kyrie is included. Discuss! Who would you give up for AD?

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Thanks guys glad to be back

The day has finally come where AD requests a trade, we have to wait till the offseason unless Kyrie is included. Discuss! Who would you give up for AD?

I love the delusion out in LA: we have a core of sub .500 talent in the West sans Lebron. So lets get NOP to swap a top 2 player, for mostly role players/trash, to make them us since early Jan - indefinitely.

NYK involvement could be interesting if AD could lure in Kyrie. With Tim Hardway Jr. involved, that opens up potentially 2 max slots this summer. AD and KI would be an intriguing offensive duo that I wouldn't mind seeing here; but if Davis is dealt in Feb that probably doesn't materialize.

If there's any shred of doubt on Kyrie long-term, you have to deal here. Maybe a 4-team with Celtics getting AD, LAL getting Kyrie, NOP Team 4's players and LAL pick(s), Team 4 LAL's trash sweetened with C's pick(s).

Well I highly doubt Kyrie would be traded for AD. We would have to make a move in the offseason.

Well I highly doubt Kyrie would be traded for AD. We would have to make a move in the offseason.
    If DA is only 70% certain that Kyrie is re-signing, you have to execute this deal.

Best case scenario: C's get a top 2 player to build around for 5-6 years min.
    Worse case: lose the Kyrie asset to FA, become a perennial 4th seed.

Moreover, the idea that Ainge can wait till summer looks to be fading. It seems like now or never. Kyrie and Davis would be a great tandem, but the circumstances won't seem to allow that.

Just hope and pray that nobody makes a valid offer in the next 10 days. You know Lebron is gonna tell them to trade everyone. Can we trade Kyrie, wave the white flag on the season then convince him to resign next season lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    Just hope and pray that nobody makes a valid offer in the next 10 days. You know Lebron is gonna tell them to trade everyone. Can we trade Kyrie, wave the white flag on the season then convince him to resign next season lol?
    If that happens: AD goes to LA, Kyrie walks in the summer, it will go down as one of the worst GM blunders in sports history given the possibilities at Ainge's fingertips.
    Last edited by elements1985; 01-28-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    If that happens: AD goes to LA, Kyrie walks in the summer, it will go down as one of the worst GM blunders in sports history given the possibilities at Ainge's fingertips.
    Well I meant include Kyrie in the trade for Davis, but I wasn't really serious. My question can we really match the offer of the Lakers. If the Lakers hypothetically offered Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, and Zubac, how do we compete with that? Rozier will be gone and no way I'm giving up Tatum.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    Well I meant include Kyrie in the trade for Davis, but I wasn't really serious. My question can we really match the offer of the Lakers. If the Lakers hypothetically offered Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, and Zubac, how do we compete with that? Rozier will be gone and no way I'm giving up Tatum.
    Here's the sales pitch from Magic to NOP: see this garbage sub .500 team we've been since LeBron took leave, you can have it and be like us since January. Sitting in the dregs of the Western Conference. It's laughable how much people overstate that package. Only way Lakers happen is if AD says: I will only re-sign with LAL.

The ideal situation is Danny waits till the off-season, re-signs Irving (no issue if he's #2), and acquires Davis via trade. Problem, however, as ZH7 has said, is it wipes out your depth.

Teams are hungry (I even heard a compelling package from Toronto) and it's most likely that Davis is dealt. If the NYK swoop in, it's possible yet another super-team starts to slowly form in the East.

Which is why I would try and facilitate a trade that sends KI to LAL. They can re-unite and re-create the toxic soup they had developed in Cleveland. With Magic/LA it would be glorious to watch.

What packages can we put together in the offseason? Doesnít make sense to trade Kyrie for AD when the goal would be to pair 2 stars.

What packages can we put together in the offseason? Doesnít make sense to trade Kyrie for AD when the goal would be to pair 2 stars.
    Waiting till summer doesn't seem feasible now, too much interest in Davis.Off-season trades now are moot.

Plus, it's now rumored that AD doesn't think KI will re-sign. Didn't I tell y'all that Kyrie is a slippery dude that cannot be trusted?

Danny has two objectives now IMO: 1) maximize the Irving asset at the deadline 2) prevent another super-team from forming in the East (BK/NYK).

Remember that it was Magic who helped facilitate the Beckett/Crawford/AG deal between Sox and LAD. If there's any NBA executive waiting to get fleeced by Danny, it's Magic. Try and facilitate a trade (with other teams) that sends Kyrie to LAL. Exploit Magic eagerness to win now like he did with Prokhorov in BK.

Another thing: is it possible that AD has doubts about Kyrie re-signing because of the Bron/KI convo?

Bron putting a bug in Davis' ear....?

I don't see the point of trading for a one yr rental. I say pass.

if we trade for him, Ainge will get him to agree to the extension afterwards. However due to his cap number, the most realistic trade without blowing up the entire team or giving away our star player needs to include Hayward + all of our top picks.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast