Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2019 Minor Leagues -- Lewis, Kirilloff, Graterol & Co.

I'm looking forward to writing about these and other guys this summer. I've seen Lewis and Kirilloff play a few games, but never had the privilege of seeing Graterol pitch. From what the Kernels' staff told me, he is as good as anyone they have ever had there. All 3 are in the MLB.com top 100, with Kirilloff and Lewis in the top 10. All 3 should start at Pensacola in the Southern League (AA). None are on the 40-man roster just yet, but all should get invited to major league camp to show what they can do.

We are going to see the Kernels on Friday evening and I will post a synopsis of the game.

Last night, the Kernels won a well-pitched game 10-4. Jordan Balazovic pitched 5 strong innings, allowing a run on 4 hits, no walks and 9 Ks. His fastball topped out at 95 on the stadium gun and I expect a couple more MPH as the season progresses and we get into warmer weather. His curve is a work in progress and he uses a splitter for his change up. It topped out at 89. Trey Cabbage his a mammoth home run to seal the game. He was 3/5 with 2 scored and 3 driven in. Yunior Severino was 1/1 with 4 walks and 3 runs scored. He looks like he is having the time of his life playing baseball and I hope that continues. DaShawn Kiersey was 2/3 with 3 driven in. The Peoria Chiefs have a very good player on their roster, at least for a while. Nolan Gorman was 4/4 with a double, a triple a run scored and 2 driven in. His bat will play anywhere, but there are a lot of questions about his defense at 3B.
    Pensacola took a pair from Mobile 7-0 and 4-3. In game 1, Jimmy Kerrigan hit a 2-run homer and Taylor Grzelakowski was 1/3 with a double, 1 scored and 2 driven in. Jorge Alcala allowed 3 hits and struck out 6 in 5 innings to pick up the win.
    In game 2, The Blue Wahoos won 4-3. Brusdar Graterol started the game and gave up a run on 3 hits, 2 walks and 6 Ks in 4.2 innings. Cody Stashak picked up the win in relief giving up 2 runs (1 earned) on 2 hits with 2 Ks in 1.1 innings. Dusten Knight struck out 1 in .2 innings to pick up a save. Jordan Gore (SS) was 1/3 with 2 runs scored and 1 driven in. Taylor Grzelakowski was 1/4 with 2 RBI.
    Ft Myers beat Charlotte 4-3 with Royce Lewis going 1/2 with 2 walks and 2 runs scored. Trevor Larnach was 1/3 with 2 RBI. Jhoan Duran started, walked 1 and struck out 4 in 4 innings. Tom Hackimer picked up the win in relief giving up a walk to go with his 3 Ks in 1.1 innings.
    Rochester's game was rained out.
    3-0 for the farm.
    Last edited by catman; 04-06-2019 at 04:00 PM.