Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 77
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43,163
    I'd say while Cards fans may very well be a bit too forgiving on the matter, you've gone the opposite direction and are being a bit too dramatic.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,493
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm aware of Molina and have never liked him. Regardless, he's won plenty in his career. Not sure why one would measure him on what he's done since Bryant came in the league.
    I think his point is rooted in Molina calling Bryant a "big dump (sic) loser" when all Bryant has done since entering the league is win. In that same four year span Molina has entered the twilight of his career and seems to be more mouthpiece than integral lineup staple at this juncture. That was my interpretation.

    As I said before I too have never liked Molina but I very much chalked up his schtick to coming up behind/being built in the mold of Matheny, who is an idiot. As of this past weekend, I openly wonder if that may have been a misread on my part and he actually has some more deeply rooted, genuine psychological condition(s) that he deals with. His reaction, or rather his continued reaction, is akin to that of a small child. He is 36 years old.


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,623
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm aware of Molina and have never liked him. Regardless, he's won plenty in his career. Not sure why one would measure him on what he's done since Bryant came in the league.
    See TA3 response. Couldn't have said it better myself

    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd say while Cards fans may very well be a bit too forgiving on the matter, you've gone the opposite direction and are being a bit too dramatic.
    As for too dramatic, if nothing happens on the field because of this no harm no foul. I am fine with it. It is just one guy getting way too worked up about nothing. But we have seen this with Molina and the Cardinals. And they do not let it go. And he won't let it go. And if it does carry over onto the field that would be ridiculous. For right now, this very moment, I agree, this isn't a thing. It is what I expect to happen due to past history with Molina, that does concern me.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43,163
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I just hope his response does cause issues on the field. Really that is the only thing that matters.
    Either this statement got botched or you're flip flopping (I assume the former).

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,623
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Either this statement got botched or you're flip flopping (I assume the former).
    Yep, you are correct. I botched the statement. I hope it does NOT cause issues on the field. Sorry for the confusion, and good catch.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,570
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Just because it is expected doesn't mean he did the right thing. He has had several run in the last few years. And it is getting a little ridiculous. Last year with Contreras (who, by the way, idolized Molina and spoke very highly of him) and now attacking Bryant personally for him saying some off the cuff remark about the city he plays in. Just curious, he loves the city so much. Does he live there in the off season?



    No one is crying about anything. Just pointing out that Molina took things too far. Something you acknowledged, and apparently admire about him.
    I said I admire his passion. His passion to be a Cardinal and for his team/city
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,623
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I said I admire his passion. His passion to be a Cardinal and for his team/city
    Fair enough. I view Rizzo the same way about the Cubs and Chicago. Just wish Molina would tone down the rhetoric a bit. If it is only talk and no bad blood spills onto the field, not a big deal. But his passion has a way of coming across as angry and confrontational on the field. And there is no place for that. Use words used by the opposition against the team to motivate your team, great. I think at this level it is kind of silly. I think just being a professional ballplayer should be enough motivation to try as hard as you can, but some think differently. So, again, fine. But to use it to create bad blood to the point of throwing at someone, confronting someone physically on the field, or trying to hurt someone is wrong and shouldn't be tolerated. If things stop here, no problems.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    56,552
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm aware of Molina and have never liked him. Regardless, he's won plenty in his career. Not sure why one would measure him on what he's done since Bryant came in the league.
    It's and odd thing to cut off on Molina, who is obviously in the decline phase of his career, considering he made his MLB debut while Bryant was in 6th grade.

    Relative to their positions, both are fairly equal (since Catchers are clearly under ranked in WAR, and we all know that).

    Molina has 8 WAR, out of 233 league WAR among catchers over his age 32-35 seasons
    Bryant has 21 WAR, out of 397 league WAR among third basemen over his age 23-26 seasons

    Molina does have two rings, well before Bryant ever existed in this league though, and plenty of playoff innings comparatively.

    It's an odd thing to argue about, and a weird thing to try to compare.

    To say one player took this pissing match too far, as though that's the line, and this player crossed it, but the other didn't, is equally odd to complain about.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's and odd thing to cut off on Molina, who is obviously in the decline phase of his career, considering he made his MLB debut while Bryant was in 6th grade.

    Relative to their positions, both are fairly equal (since Catchers are clearly under ranked in WAR, and we all know that).

    Molina has 8 WAR, out of 233 league WAR among catchers over his age 32-35 seasons
    Bryant has 21 WAR, out of 397 league WAR among third basemen over his age 23-26 seasons

    Molina does have two rings, well before Bryant ever existed in this league though, and plenty of playoff innings comparatively.

    It's an odd thing to argue about, and a weird thing to try to compare.

    To say one player took this pissing match too far, as though that's the line, and this player crossed it, but the other didn't, is equally odd to complain about.
    Are you serious? I mean really serious. Or are you blindly defending Molina? So it is the same thing to say you feel a city is boring as calling a player out as a loser and stupid. And then liking tweets threatening him and his family and other tweets suggesting Bryant sucks dicks? One was done at a convention of CUBS fans wanting some sort of negative response by Bryant. And it was done spur of the moment. The other was done maliciously and threatening when he could have thought for a little before responding. Come on with this BS about it being the same thing. It is not.
    Also, the comment was made by Molina that Bryant is a loser. The only point that I was making was since Bryant came into the league all he has done is won. In fact prior to that time he was college player of the year, minor league player of the year of the year and then rookie of the year, MVP and the team has been in the playoffs every year. No one called Molina a loser. I didn't even do that. All I did was compare Bryant's 4 years in the league at the same time Molina has been in the league.
    Had Molina came out and defending St.L, ok, same thing. Had he said Bryant is speaking without facts about the beautiful city of St.L. And then said maybe Bryant should see the city before commenting, ok, same thing. That is not what he did. Look, if it ends here (which Molina already said it won't) it is no big deal. But please do not pretend what Bryant said and Molina's response are remotely close together. I get you are a huge Cardinal fan. That's great. I have said it many times. I have no issues with the Cardinals. They are a great organization and have won a lot of titles. They are always competitive. But be real with Molina and please realize what he said is over the top and again it is him overreacting. You can love the team, love the guy, but also admit he goes too far at times.
    Hopefully there are adults in the clubhouses and this ridiculous issue has no bearing on the games played. Unfortunately Molina has shown in more than one occasion to not be very adult like. So I guess we will see if the new manager can handle him. My guess is this will be an issue this year.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    32,079
    Boo hoo

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,623
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Boo hoo

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    WOW, such an compelling post. Sorry I missed your other 28,000+ posts. I am sure they are equally as compelling.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43,163
    Uh oh, he went after your post count!

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    44,411
    You must be so ****ing bored.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    56,552
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Are you serious? I mean really serious. Or are you blindly defending Molina? So it is the same thing to say you feel a city is boring as calling a player out as a loser and stupid. And then liking tweets threatening him and his family and other tweets suggesting Bryant sucks dicks? One was done at a convention of CUBS fans wanting some sort of negative response by Bryant. And it was done spur of the moment. The other was done maliciously and threatening when he could have thought for a little before responding. Come on with this BS about it being the same thing. It is not.
    Also, the comment was made by Molina that Bryant is a loser. The only point that I was making was since Bryant came into the league all he has done is won. In fact prior to that time he was college player of the year, minor league player of the year of the year and then rookie of the year, MVP and the team has been in the playoffs every year. No one called Molina a loser. I didn't even do that. All I did was compare Bryant's 4 years in the league at the same time Molina has been in the league.
    Had Molina came out and defending St.L, ok, same thing. Had he said Bryant is speaking without facts about the beautiful city of St.L. And then said maybe Bryant should see the city before commenting, ok, same thing. That is not what he did. Look, if it ends here (which Molina already said it won't) it is no big deal. But please do not pretend what Bryant said and Molina's response are remotely close together. I get you are a huge Cardinal fan. That's great. I have said it many times. I have no issues with the Cardinals. They are a great organization and have won a lot of titles. They are always competitive. But be real with Molina and please realize what he said is over the top and again it is him overreacting. You can love the team, love the guy, but also admit he goes too far at times.
    Hopefully there are adults in the clubhouses and this ridiculous issue has no bearing on the games played. Unfortunately Molina has shown in more than one occasion to not be very adult like. So I guess we will see if the new manager can handle him. My guess is this will be an issue this year.
    I'm not even going to remotely bother to read this past the first line.

    If you are sitting here picking sides, then it's only due to a bias you already had.

    Who did worse is probably the most illogical argument you can make when two toddlers are kicking sand (which is what this basically is).

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,493
    If I were a big Rays fan I'm pretty confident I'd:

    1) Be of the opinion that what Bryant said was about as innocuous a remark as you're going to find a player making about a division rival's team/city, not particularly juvenile, and not much of anything really.

    2) Be of the opinion that what Molina said/did was squarely in line with the type of reaction I'd expect from a 15 year old, rather than a 15 year veteran of the league, far more a thing than this ever needed to be, and citing his history - regrettably not unlikely to carry into the actual season ala high/tight/borderline or straight up beanball bull****, etc.

    3) Pay significantly larger attention to sports that aren't baseball.


Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •