Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 77
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,722
    Bloody hell. Yadier Molina is really starting to sound the way he looks.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    56,574
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Right. You don’t see Molina’s reaction to bit overboard? Honestly? So if this was not a Cardinal you wouldn’t think it is kind of ridiculous?
    Can't it all just be stupidity compounding on top of more stupidity?

    Because I find all of it stupid and annoying and unnecessary.

    **** talk is so stupid, completely unnecessary, a sign of low tolerance and competency and doesn't benefit anyone.

    Everyone involved is just dumb, team spirit or not. Put your head down, go do your job (i.e. I don't defend Molina, nor do I hate or loathe Bryant)

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Can't it all just be stupidity compounding on top of more stupidity?

    Because I find all of it stupid and annoying and unnecessary.

    **** talk is so stupid, completely unnecessary, a sign of low tolerance and competency and doesn't benefit anyone.

    Everyone involved is just dumb, team spirit or not. Put your head down, go do your job (i.e. I don't defend Molina, nor do I hate or loathe Bryant)
    Fine. But let's not pretend what Bryant said and what Molina said are the same thing. Bryant, tongue in cheek, with a smile on his face said "who wants to play in St.L. It is boring". And he said this to Cubs fans at a convention when being baited by Dempster. So what? I believe Berkman called Wrigley a dump years ago when he was on the Cardinals. Again, so what? It should end there. However, if Molina wants to play this big defender of St.L. had he said something like "if Bryant feels that way he obviously has never really spent time in St.L to enjoy the many wonderful things it had to offer, etc".... But that is not what he did. He turned it personal on Bryant. And, frankly, said some very stupid ****. First, calling him stupid and a loser. Well, calling Bryant a loser really is the furthest thing from the truth. Let's see. Won college player of the year, Minor league player of the year, rookie of the year and MVP in succession. Since he has been on the Cubs they have gone to the playoffs every year, the NLCS 3 of his 4 years and they have won a WS. What has Molina done? Went to the playoffs once where Bryant and the Cubs beat the Cardinals. By saying what Molina said he has started a controversy. He has started something that did not need to be started. Had he either responded truly defending St.L or said nothing, there would be no issues. However responding like he did and then liking a tweet suggesting Bryant should be killed and Bryant is a dick sucker is ridiculous. I honestly think there is something wrong with that man. He reacted crazy last year when Contreras had the nerve to suggest he wanted to be the best catcher in baseball and then said he wanted to be better than Molina and Posey. Not sure why that was offensive, but to general Molina, I guess it was. I love a great rivalry. And the Cubs/Cardinals are among the best. And this year it is going to be very good. But it did not need this. And this is strictly the fault of an over the top reaction by a player who seems to go over the top a bit too often.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,307
    He has no control over his emotions. He's full of rage, and oversensitive nut jobs should not be the type of players that have anger issues.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCmyw7vntdA

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ6H5bUMRYE

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,494
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    What has Molina done? Went to the playoffs once where Bryant and the Cubs beat the Cardinals.
    I agree with the vast majority of your diatribe but Molina did win two World Series'.


  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,624
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I agree with the vast majority of your diatribe but Molina did win two World Series'.
    You are correct. I should have said "what has Molina did since Bryant came into the league". In fact, that is what I meant to say. But I left the last part off. At least you get my point. One made a stupid off handed comment about a city and the other went off like a crazy person personally against a player.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,579
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Right. You don’t see Molina’s reaction to bit overboard? Honestly? So if this was not a Cardinal you wouldn’t think it is kind of ridiculous?
    It's expected. I mean you saw what Yadi did with Phillips. You talk **** about the Cardinals, he's going to speak up. That's his kind of leadership and that's how he leads. Do I condone it? Naw. He's going overboard, but that's his passion. That's what has made him my favorite player.
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    31,579
    It's funny to me. Bryant starts it, Yadi finishes it and Cubs fans cry about it. Sounds about right.
    2019

    QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,624
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    It's expected. I mean you saw what Yadi did with Phillips. You talk **** about the Cardinals, he's going to speak up. That's his kind of leadership and that's how he leads. Do I condone it? Naw. He's going overboard, but that's his passion. That's what has made him my favorite player.
    Just because it is expected doesn't mean he did the right thing. He has had several run in the last few years. And it is getting a little ridiculous. Last year with Contreras (who, by the way, idolized Molina and spoke very highly of him) and now attacking Bryant personally for him saying some off the cuff remark about the city he plays in. Just curious, he loves the city so much. Does he live there in the off season?

    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    It's funny to me. Bryant starts it, Yadi finishes it and Cubs fans cry about it. Sounds about right.
    No one is crying about anything. Just pointing out that Molina took things too far. Something you acknowledged, and apparently admire about him.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    31,360
    I'm all for this. Adds to the rivalry. Nothing wrong with it.

    Baseball could use more stuff like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    31,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Can't it all just be stupidity compounding on top of more stupidity?

    Because I find all of it stupid and annoying and unnecessary.

    **** talk is so stupid, completely unnecessary, a sign of low tolerance and competency and doesn't benefit anyone.

    Everyone involved is just dumb, team spirit or not. Put your head down, go do your job (i.e. I don't defend Molina, nor do I hate or loathe Bryant)
    Lol you are so boring just like your city
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    56,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lol you are so boring just like your city
    Maybe I am, but my franchise has enjoyed 11 rings.


    That's the type of pissing match this is btw. That something that dumb can make sense as a response.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43,295
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Molina did win two World Series'.
    Beat me to it.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,624
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Beat me to it.
    I explained it already. Since Bryant came into the league Molina hasn't won. But Bryant did. And really it isn't about that. Winning 2 WS or even being a guy with a HOF career(which is debatable in his case) does not give him the right to lose his mind as often as he does. Just look it up. Check out his past. The guy is a nut job. Sure, Cardinal fans love it and call him a leader for being how he is. But I am absolutely certain if he was on the Cubs or any other NL central team, and acting like he acts they would not find his behavior to be acceptable. I am done with this now. I just hope his response does NOTcause issues on the field. Really that is the only thing that matters.
    Last edited by rcal10; 01-23-2019 at 05:25 PM.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43,295
    I'm aware of Molina and have never liked him. Regardless, he's won plenty in his career. Not sure why one would measure him on what he's done since Bryant came in the league.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •