Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Kris Bryant Calls STL "So Boring"'....Cards Players Clap Back

During a “Friday night with Ryan Dempster” sit-down with the retired pitcher at the Cubs Convention, Bryant said of St. Louis: “So boring.”

A day later, at least a few Cardinals expressed their displeasure with the third baseman’s comments.

Catcher Yadier Molina on Saturday posted a video frame of Bryant chatting with Dempster and added the caption: “All stars, elite players and leaders of their teams do not speak bad about any city. There should be respect and you should play and compete with respect... only stupid players and losers make comments like the ones made by bryant and dempster.” He added the hashtags: “ceroRespectforthisstupidplayers”

Underneath the image of Bryant and Dempster, Molina included a picture of teammate John Brebbia with his take on Bryant’s dis: “Cry me a river, loser.”
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...119-story.html

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

It's like these guys don't understand that what they say will be heard outside the room they're in......what's the point in dissing a city?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    It's like these guys don't understand that what they say will be heard outside the room they're in......what's the point in dissing a city?
    Same. I also remember a similar situation in reverse, where Dan Duquette said the Orioles wouldn't consider signing Jose Bautista due to fan backlash. You sign who you want to improve the team- in that situation, the only approval you need is from the two players who had beef with Bautista.

In this instance, there is no need to trash a team. You never know who might be interested in signing you in free agency and it's foolish to get the fans upset at you and have something dumb happen like what I said above.

I’m tired of the Cubs. It was cute when they won the World Series but Bryant/Rizzo are some of the most insufferable people in the sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

... And for Anthony Rizzo’s next good deed, he’s going to run into a burning building to save a family of kittens.

Could you imagine anyone crapping on Anthony Rizzo.

Yeah, I can actually. RESPECT ME!

What a slow freaking off season.

Bryant lives in Las Vegas. I think so does "his" pal Bryce Harper. One has to earn respect, but cities aren't one person. It consists not just a populace, but the climate, location, natural environment and things one can't control. You can not like a city or prefer another over one but to trash it like that is dumb. Of course, Bryant is gonna get flak and deserves it. For entertainment and night life, Chicago starts late while St. Louis starts earlier. Vegas is 24 hours. It depends on what one is looking for. Maybe Bryant should talk about his run production to see how boring that is.

Not gonna lie, Kris Bryant seems like a pretty boring individual himself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
    Bryant lives in Las Vegas. I think so does "his" pal Bryce Harper. One has to earn respect, but cities aren't one person. It consists not just a populace, but the climate, location, natural environment and things one can't control. You can not like a city or prefer another over one but to trash it like that is dumb. Of course, Bryant is gonna get flak and deserves it. For entertainment and night life, Chicago starts late while St. Louis starts earlier. Vegas is 24 hours. It depends on what one is looking for. Maybe Bryant should talk about his run production to see how boring that is.
    Of course someone can like or prefer a city over another.

Considering your affinity for using fantasy baseball rankings to justify players' value, one would think you'd rank Bryant quite high instead of taking an erroneous jab at his production.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Of course someone can like or prefer a city over another.

Considering your affinity for using fantasy baseball rankings to justify players' value, one would think you'd rank Bryant quite high instead of taking an erroneous jab at his production.
    What are you babbling about? This isn't about Freddie Freeman. It's Kris Bryant's stupidity and boring run production. Speaking of run production FF isn't that swift with either, but better than Bryant.

You of all people is going to call someone out about babbling?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
    What are you babbling about? This isn't about Freddie Freeman. It's Kris Bryant's stupidity and boring run production. Speaking of run production FF isn't that swift with either, but better than Bryant.
    If you think producing the 13th highest wRC+ in baseball the last four seasons is boring, then be my guest.

I don't fault Bryant for anything he said, I get it. He was in a room around other Cubbies, and they asked him where he wouldn't want to play, he's supposed to answer the Cards. He added a little salt by saying it's boring, etc. Oh well, whatever.

He did give a lot of Cards players a reason to 'clap back' which they are all doing and getting a lot of fan support for doing so.

It's a lot of nothing.

CLAP BACK [emoji1319]

c

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast