Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Romo has become a very gifted broadcaster. He didn't really have any experience doing it and seems to have gone in and done it better than most I've seen. The management who picked him must have a real eye for talent because how could they figure he'd step in and do it that well. I was getting really sick of Phil Sims who has an abrasive personality.
    Phil Sims is one salty MF. Watch his face when people are praising Romo. It’s hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I liked the football commercial with all the ex players at that banquet.
    Oh yeah, that was a great one. At first I thought that was part of the half time show. Who was that running back running through. Barry Sanders? There was another guy that I thought was Earl Campbell, but it was all happening so fast.

What did you think of the Superbowl? I like close games, but this one was not really that fun to watch. It was like one of the 1-0 soccer games. If you like 3 and outs, this was a party for you. I was hoping for one of those Rams-Chiefs shoot outs where it was 51-47.

Phil Sims is one salty MF. Watch his face when people are praising Romo. It’s hilarious.
    I just remember Phil Simms insulting his colleague during the broadcast. I guess that was his sense of humor, but his colleague wasn't really laughing and it was more insulting than funny. I am glad he's out of there. Romo's skill is that he's easy going. I prefer the Madden style of broadcasting where they are just really excited about football and can explain what we're seeing in a concise easy to understand way. I don't like it when they go silly like with Dennis Miller or someone who's abrasive like Phil Simms.

Goodell was booed very loudly. I was watching his reaction as he handed the trophy and the booing stopped and cheers erupted. Was the previous commissioner popular? Not sure if it's all commissioners or just Goodell who is booed.

There was a discussion about analytics here a few weeks ago. The 4 best offensive teams were the 4 best offensive teams. But, it also came down to the best coach, who was the best at defensive game planning. Bellichek and his defensive staff pretty methodically took away all of the Rams strong suits. Their high percentage stuff and forced them into their less high percentage. It felt like an analytics clinic. Not the funnest to watch, but effective. I know the trend is to go for the younger hot guys, but experience really played a part here. Bellichek really has seen it all. He's seen almost every play and had something up his sleeve to counteract that. On the other side, Wade Phillips did a great job of at least slowing down the Patriots, but you just can't beat the Patriots or really many teams if you score only 3 points.

McVay, Goff, and a young Rams team got schooled. They will remember this and be even better next year. They claim Gurley is not hurt...... Cook needed to hold on to that pass and it would have been a tied game. Pats still would have drove down the field and kicked a FG to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Oh yeah, that was a great one. At first I thought that was part of the half time show. Who was that running back running through. Barry Sanders? There was another guy that I thought was Earl Campbell, but it was all happening so fast.

What did you think of the Superbowl? I like close games, but this one was not really that fun to watch. It was like one of the 1-0 soccer games. If you like 3 and outs, this was a party for you. I was hoping for one of those Rams-Chiefs shoot outs where it was 51-47.
    I need to watch it again. I know is started off with Marshawn Lynch, also Jim Brown was in there. I thought it was funny that Montana wouldn’t throw to Irvin and when Barry had the ball Emmitt said “you know I have more yards than him”. Hilarious

As for the game, man that game was brutal to watch. I preferred that Brady get number 6. One more SB win isn’t going to change their legacy. He’s still the goat. I didn’t want another QB from Dak’s class to win a SB.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    McVay, Goff, and a young Rams team got schooled. They will remember this and be even better next year. They claim Gurley is not hurt...... Cook needed to hold on to that pass and it would have been a tied game. Pats still would have drove down the field and kicked a FG to win it.
    Bellichek had an answer for every move McVay was doing. The only few times they were able to move down the field was when McVay did counter to what logic would dictate and tried to surprise the Patriots. The Patriots held Gurley to 35 yards so pretty much play action was off the table and the Patriots were teeing off on Goff and making it rough day for him. They showed different angles of what Goff was seeing and really there was a small margin for him to make plays. He really had a slim chance to make plays. The Rams did great against a tough Cowboy defense and a good Saints defense. I seriously think Bellicheck holds back on some of his game planning in the regular season so as not to give away his great stuff during the playoffs. They don't look like this during the regular season, but when the playoffs come, suddenly all these genius moves are put in place.

I need to watch it again. I know is started off with Marshawn Lynch, also Jim Brown was in there. I thought it was funny that Montana wouldn’t throw to Irvin and when Barry had the ball Emmitt said “you know I have more yards than him”. Hilarious

As for the game, man that game was brutal to watch. I preferred that Brady get number 6. One more SB win isn’t going to change their legacy. He’s still the goat. I didn’t want another QB from Dak’s class to win a SB.
    Barry was so fast, I couldn't even be sure if it was him. I just guessed it was him because of the way he moves. I wonder who was the running back after him that was knocking people over. Earl Cambell? That's the only guy that knocks guys over while his jersey's torn to shreds.

I heard some of the news casts that were reporting the social media chatter where a lot of people were nicnaming this super bowl as the "Super Bore." It was literally punt-punt-punt-punt-field goal-stopped run for 3 yards - penalty. I love great defense, but more in the force a turnover variety. Goff did well against Dallas and the Saints. He just happened to run into Bellicheck. I think the Rams were just dead in the water with that game plan. McVay's an extremely talented coach, but it felt like he was Luke Skywalker getting schooled by Yoda. Bellichek took away all the things that Rams do well on offense and forced them to go to plan C. Goff is probably the only one in his draft class that could probably get to the Superbowl anyway. Do you see Wentz being able to get through an entire season healthy? And I'm not even sure where Paxton Lynch wound up. The draft class the following year probably has a better chance with Mahomes--who I think teams are kicking themselves for not going after him. There were so many teams that had a chance at him. You can only find one of those type of guys once every 5 years, maybe even 10 years.

The Superbowl was the lowest rated in the last decade. Watching the Bellichek approach, though, should we just upgrade at the slot receiver and tight end position? The analytics show that a lot of those catches there are more high percentage and you're not facing the best cover guys as you do when matching up against the best corners on either side of the line.

I think we are good at TE with who is on the roster. I agree with slot receiver, I'd let Beasley walk and draft a slot receiver out of college.

I think we are good at TE with who is on the roster. I agree with slot receiver, I'd let Beasley walk and draft a slot receiver out of college.
    We also have Cedrick Wilson who we drafted last year. He looked good until he was injured apparently. A dark horse to keep an eye on

I think this team still needs a true #1 TE. Swaim, Jarwin, and Schwartz are all better suited as #2 guys. They need a guy that can be a mismatch for defenses.

Beasley I think will get an offer from a team that won’t be worth matching. Slot receivers can be found all throughout the draft so he should be too difficult to replace.

I think the team also needs a better backup RB. A guy that can not only backup Zeke but a guy that can also be on the field with him. The Cowboys also have to prepare for a holdout from Zeke.

I think this team still needs a true #1 TE. Swaim, Jarwin, and Schwartz are all better suited as #2 guys. They need a guy that can be a mismatch for defenses.

Beasley I think will get an offer from a team that won’t be worth matching. Slot receivers can be found all throughout the draft so he should be too difficult to replace.

I think the team also needs a better backup RB. A guy that can not only backup Zeke but a guy that can also be on the field with him. The Cowboys also have to prepare for a holdout from Zeke.
    Yes. A #1 tight end that can consistently create a mismatch, not just have a good game or two. Beasely's solid, but he's not a matchup nightmare and definitely not worth the money that he thinks he should get. They would probably have to look in the draft or find some under-valued free agent who's super talented but not getting the acclaim.

Maybe, the Cowboys should look at the Patriots analytic approach of not over relying on just one back. It's great when Zeke carries the team, but as Bellichek's reasoning is that when that back is unavailable or doesn't play up to his potential, then the team is shot. The team is a little too one dimensional. They need to find a way to be able to win in a variety of ways to get far in the playoffs where coaches who have time to gameplan usually take you out of what you do best anyway. Chiefs were probably the only one out of the final 4 that were one dimensional, relying solely on their explosive passing game.

There are three players I'm looking at to trade up for, meaning giving up a third rounder if one or all fall into the 40-45 range.

1. Devin Singletary RB FAU: Dont know much about him but Dane Bugler said his comp is Shady McCoy. Dane isnt always right but hes probably the best in the scouting/draft game out there. Cowboys have rode Zeke and RB's dont typically hold up for a long duration with his workload. Cowboys dont have to give Zeke his extension, he is however worth it but they control him for two more years. They could take a back here to reduce the load on Zeke and if hes great, possibly trade Zeke after 2019 because you cant pay everyone and maybe you are looking at cap issues for the following years for future players you need to keep.

2. & 3. Its equal here, Noah Fant, Irv Smith. Neither fit the typical TE position that the Cowboys cant evolve from, however coach clap might not be here even if we repeat 2018 in 2019.

DT class is overrated. Its very good at the top say first four, maybe five, after that its like WR in this draft though not as deep. Dont see the Cowboys making a move up for one here, dont see them taking one at 58. Same type of DT you draft at 58 you can probably get in round four.

Could see WR at 58 if one falls. Again deep class, not great at the top in terms of first round talent but if a guy like K'Neal Harry falls or someone like him who can play both inside and outside which would allow Cooper to move around more, I can see that happening.

Issac Nauta is the guy I see here at 58 just because he fits a need. Hes your typical inline TE. Didnt have a lot of production but he played at UGA which is like playing TE for Bama before Tua came along. He does seem to catch everything though, kind of like this one guy we recently had at TE.

Can see us doubling down on offense if we do not move up in the 2nd and taking the WR from Umass in the third, even trading up here with our fourth round draft capital.

Fourth round, because we dont have a first rounder this year and you need to get playing time out of your first three picks and because we dont value DT in this system. Dylan Mack, TAMU or Terry Beckner Jr, Missouri. Beckner has more pass rush to his game than Mack but Beckner also blew out both of his knees while in college, both while being rolled up on by an OL. I like Beckner better and probably because I'm homering a little here but it would probably be Mack because of the injuries and because again we dont value DT so a rotational piece is a rotational piece.

Also want to throw in that its going to be a bland, boring draft. Dont expect a trade up even if said three player or players fall to an area we could trade for. Could also see us taking a CB in rounds three our four because you cant pay everyone and if Jones and Chedo are our outside guys that means Brown or Lewis wont be here long-term, not getting paid. I'd personally keep Lewis because while small he can cover outside, he is just small. Because of that I think the team would like to keep the outside guys and Brown because he can play outside too, just not as good in coverage IMO as Lewis. So you need to have that fourth guy, primarily a slot guy though finding one who can do both would be great. Leaves Brown as your slot/fill-in outside guy and the other one as your dime CB/nickel sub.

Don't see safety here at all in the draft, pretty terrible class. Kid from Deleware seems legit but unless he falls to where the cost is a fourth rounder, no trade here. He isnt worth your third.

I agree that the Cowboys need another RB. A guy that can be a #1 but also compliment Zeke. A guy that is as good a WR as he is a RB. A Kamara type of back.

As for TE I really think the Cowboys should look at Cameron Brate. He has #1 TE ability, is an excellent WR and very good blocker. I think he’d be perfect in this offense.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast