Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    I am kind of relieved we didn't have to pay Aaron Donald/Kalil Mack money. It was concerning after a lesser talent like Trey Flowers got that huge contract.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I wonder who the Cowboys are going to add as the backup running back. Zeke has been built like a tank. Able to take all those punishing carries and still be healthy. I always like that dynamic duo of Ingram/Kamara. Wondering if they bring in a backup running back, either to bring in a bruiser pounding back or a more elusive player that can also catch passes. Or is Tavon Austin going to be more of the back catching passes out of the back field. A lot of interesting choices.
    I am hoping they go with a more dynamic offense that perhaps uses Zeke a little less as a rusher and continue to use him in passing game. Dak in his 4th year with Linehan now gone and hopefully more embrace of the spread under the new OC could unleash his potential to move out of the pocket and hit guys downfield.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I am hoping they go with a more dynamic offense that perhaps uses Zeke a little less as a rusher and continue to use him in passing game. Dak in his 4th year with Linehan now gone and hopefully more embrace of the spread under the new OC could unleash his potential to move out of the pocket and hit guys downfield.
    I have a feeling this offense will be much more explosive. Witten is much more consistent at knowing where to go and making those security blanket catches quarterbacks love. Cobb is more capable of the big play. And we upgraded on speed in the wide receiver corp. Almost all of them can run like gazelles. My only concern is the coaching staff and their inexperience. I was hoping for a genius type coach to mentor Dak, Gallup, Amari, etc. since this is the most formative period of their development. Brady was lucky to be under Bellicheck and Goff under McVay. Our new coaches need to work on elevating the passing game. I felt like they over-relied on the run game too much. It always gets taken away in the playoffs and the Cowboys need to punish teams for curtailing Zeke. What they can do to improve the offense is to increase the intended air yards. More deeper passes. Schemes where the ball comes out quicker.

Measley Beasley blasting Dallas on social media. Already got that buyers remorse of playing in Buffalo.

Little midget said they had better facilities than Dallas. ha!

Beasely was a-bease-mal on third downs. That's why he wasn't offered the big contract by the Cowboys. Teams would do bracket coverage on Beasely and he was effectively taken out of the play. The Bills essentially paid big money for a player who was subpar in the league on third downs.

Sounds like Wilson may not be with the Seahawks going forward. If you're the Cowboys, would you make a play for him? What would it cost? I'd trade Dak and a first for him. Not sure that would get it done though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Sounds like Wilson may not be with the Seahawks going forward. If you're the Cowboys, would you make a play for him? What would it cost? I'd trade Dak and a first for him. Not sure that would get it done though.
    If you look at how he plays, he's one of the best deep ball throwers with touch. I was surprised at how good he was because I initially thought he got by with his athleticism, but the more I saw him play, the more I realized he's very skilled. He was near the top on big throw percentage. Mahomes probably was the top one. That being said. The quarterbacks who got paid these huge contracts in the last few years haven't really panned out. Aaron Rodgers, Stafford, Cousins, etc. After they got paid, somehow the team wasn't doing as well. Maybe, it affects what they are able to keep on the team. The economics seem to be that teams almost have to try to win while their quarterback is on a cheap contract. Drew Brees is one of the few that gets the huge contract and they are able to win. But, maybe his team might have won more if he had taken less. It's crazy that Tom Brady gets paid way less than some quarterbacks that are pretty average. I don't think the Seahawks would want Dak. They'd probably ask for someone like DLawrence, Zach Martin...or maybe even Byron Jones. They'd go for someone at the top of their position. Otherwise, they've been known to just let guys walk out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    But, if Mahomes becomes available. Yes. I'd trade the farm for him. He has a rocket arm. Near photographic memory. Great study habits. Vision. Humility. Stays out of trouble. Athleticism. He can even side sling the ball like a baseball player or throw in angles I've never seen before.

Looking back, do you remember we picked Randy Gregory instead of Frank Clark and Trey Flowers. And Chaz Green rather than Danielle Hunter. I guess it's not an exact science. But, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened. We almost picked Johnny Manziel over Zach Martin. In the past, we picked Marcus Spears when Aaron Rodgers was on the board. And Jerry Jones famously regretted picking Greg Ellis over Randy Moss, which led him for years to give away first rounders for what he hoped would be stud wide receivers.

The cowboys really should win their first 3 games. Winning against the giants and dolphins at home is a must.
    The schedule is really hard so they need to get off to a good start.

The second half of that schedule starting week 10 looks a lot tougher - Patriots, Vikings, Rams and Bears. Week 4 - there's the Saints who no doubt will want to take revenge. The Cowboys got off to a slow start last year, though. And almost every one of their games seem to be decided by a touchdown or less. They rarely blow anyone out.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314