Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    I hope Zeke holds out the first couple weeks on the season and Morris & Pollard have huge games those first couple games and Dallas fans realize they don't need Zeke to win.

Pollard looked pretty explosive in preseason. Even for a small back, he seemed to hit up the gut with a lot of energy. And Morris looked like a wily vet. I would like to see them throw more to the running back like the Saints do.

So someone came up with an idea of trading Zeke to the Eagles for Jordan Howard, Nelson Agholor, & a 3rd or 4th round pick only. Or maybe Zach Ertz also stating that Dallas would ask for Miles Sanders. For the Eagles to land Zeke I would want Miles Sanders, 2 1st round picks, & a 4th or 5th round pick. Trading within the division drives the price up. Plus I wouldn't want anything to do with Howard or Agholor.

wish we would have traded Zeke for Clowney and a pick say a 3rd rounder. I salivate over the idea of Clowney and Lawrence being our bookends for at least the next three years. All of that doesnt matter now that he was traded to Seattle.

It really hurts because we could have done this trade and brought in Shady McCoy and do a lot of things with Pollard, McCoy, Morris with two backs on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    wish we would have traded Zeke for Clowney and a pick say a 3rd rounder. I salivate over the idea of Clowney and Lawrence being our bookends for at least the next three years. All of that doesnt matter now that he was traded to Seattle.

It really hurts because we could have done this trade and brought in Shady McCoy and do a lot of things with Pollard, McCoy, Morris with two backs on the field.
    We could have traded for clowney for a bag of balls apparently. Seattle gave up a third rounder that they’ll in all likelihood get back if he doesn’t re-sign with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    We could have traded for clowney for a bag of balls apparently. Seattle gave up a third rounder that they’ll in all likelihood get back if he doesn’t re-sign with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was thinking more along the lines of not having zeke and getting a pick and a bookend pass rusher for him to go with our young defense as he is young too.

in order its dak, cooper, woods, awuzie, lve, gallup that we have to retain. if theres money left over, jones. i would have been fine letting jones go if it meant we signed clowney. carolina proved you can make a sb with an elite front 7. i like our wr and ol enough to where dak and the rb's should be better than what carolina had. if carolina had any offense they would have won that sb. im not asking for a juggernaut on offense if it means its run heavy and we're paying the qb a lot of money too.

let zeke get his 17 million elsewhere.

This Collins extension is making me scratch my head. Looking at top 5 cap hits he will be making at least 8.4 next year. While less than what hes making this year, and I like him albeit at guard better than tackle. Thats money I'd rather spend (no not on Zeke) on say Xavier Woods. I guess it signals that one of the inside guys, kind of have to think Martin might be moved soon being it makes little sense to move Fredrick. When I say soon I'm talking in the next year or two.

Even if there is enough money to sign Cooper, Dak, LVE, Woods, Awuzie and (not my preference) Zeke. Then maybe that money could have went towards Jones who I've put in the Zeke category of letting them go but would take him over Collins for the next 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    This Collins extension is making me scratch my head. Looking at top 5 cap hits he will be making at least 8.4 next year. While less than what hes making this year, and I like him albeit at guard better than tackle. Thats money I'd rather spend (no not on Zeke) on say Xavier Woods. I guess it signals that one of the inside guys, kind of have to think Martin might be moved soon being it makes little sense to move Fredrick. When I say soon I'm talking in the next year or two.

Even if there is enough money to sign Cooper, Dak, LVE, Woods, Awuzie and (not my preference) Zeke. Then maybe that money could have went towards Jones who I've put in the Zeke category of letting them go but would take him over Collins for the next 5 years.
    This was certainly surprising. The thought was letting him go and moving Connor to RT. Also they 100% need to move him back to LG where he was a mauler and a top 10 guard. Connor is better suited for outside so makes so much sense to swap them.

According to reports, the Cowboys are close to finalizing a deal with Zeke. The L'ael Collins deal opened up some cap space that allows the Cowboys to front load a contract that would be attractive to Zeke. I wouldn't mind investing a high draft pick on an offensive linemen if the Cowboys somehow get an opportunity at a high draft pick in the future. I know skill positions are sexy, but these offensive and defensive line positions seemed to have given the Cowboys a good foundation to work with---and you got to protect your quarterback. The three first round draft picks spent on offensive linemen worked out great and it's a lot cheaper. Will Tyronn Smith play at an elite level again? He was a beast when he was healthy.

Zeke is extended at 6 years 90 million with 45 million guaranteed. That's a lot of money for a RB.

Goes to show you JJ is all talk. If you were gonna pay the guy this much you should have avoided all the bs and had him with team. All this you don't need a rushing title rb to win SB to still just pay him what be wanted?? Lol what a joke

I dont like it. I think its going to be a bad investment as I dont value this position anymore. This isnt the 90s. RB get hit more than anyone even in a passing league and coach clap will ride him till there is no tread on the tires. Even if we dont make the NFCCG and coach clap is gone. Its still a bad deal because Peyton or Riley (two obvious front running replacements) will run a pass heavy offense.

All of that said there is no way there isnt an out no more than 4 years into the extension and i bet he gets 30 million up front so the rest of the reported 45/50 million guaranteed is spread out over the other 7 years thus dropping his cap number down to 10 million or so.

The 45 million guaranteed was something that was already out there 2 weeks ago...so it feels like the last two weeks have just been posturing. Zeke really had no leverage, since there was still 2 years on that deal. Oh well, it's done. A Zeke and Pollard back field is looking pretty good. The defense had one of the fewest snaps every season because the Cowboys control the running game most of the time. I'd like to see Pollard be our Kamara. And Tavon Austin finally living up to his gifts. I guess we'll have to see how good the Cooper/Gallup/Cobb trio is this year. I'd still prefer the team to shift more towards a passing attack.

So what are your expectations this season and what can you live with if they arent met by this team?

Superbowl caliber team but its not the end of the world if we lose in the division round again. Team is young, window is a lot longer than people think. Not a fan of coach clap, not a fan of anyone being without a job so I hope he would land on his feet somewhere but I dont want him to be the coach here anymore. I wont be rooting for us to lose any game and if we win it all, I guess I can live with coach clap being here longer. Just my personal preference is that I would like to see a change even if we have to wait another year for the ultimate goal.

I am just going to sit back and enjoy it no matter what. No more stressing out about stuff I don't make decisions on. I hope Dak balls out, throws 300 yard games, Zeke goes wild. Pollard becomes our Kamara and the defense plays like the top 3 defense it did last year. There are too many super elite teams for it to be easy to get to the Super bowl, but the Cowboys are a very talented team on both sides of the ball and it looks like they have some really good offensive weapons this year. They probably won't have as bad of red zone problems as last year. If you're at the bottom, you can only go up, right?

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021