Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 278
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,476
    So reading into the Zeke hold out some. If he sits out this season his salary this season becomes next years and the 5th option becomes 2021's salary. I'd still trade him while his stock is high, Morris, Weber, & Pollard are more than capable to fill in. So in the end Zeke holding out doesn't help him and way, it does help Dallas have control of him till 2021 instead of 2020.

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,395
    The Cowboys seem to have problems keeping it's players from trouble. Quinn just got suspended 2 games for PEDs. I guess it's Taco Time. Maybe, a dose of Dorace.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,621
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    So reading into the Zeke hold out some. If he sits out this season his salary this season becomes next years and the 5th option becomes 2021's salary. I'd still trade him while his stock is high, Morris, Weber, & Pollard are more than capable to fill in. So in the end Zeke holding out doesn't help him and way, it does help Dallas have control of him till 2021 instead of 2020.
    I would see if Buffalo was willing to give up Shady and a 1st for Zeke.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,621
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    The Cowboys seem to have problems keeping it's players from trouble. Quinn just got suspended 2 games for PEDs. I guess it's Taco Time. Maybe, a dose of Dorace.
    I heard he tested positive for a masking agent that was in his seizure medication that he takes and that the amount was so low that it wouldn’t have been able to mask anything. The NFL basically said they are aware of how it ended up in his system but a rule is a rule.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I heard he tested positive for a masking agent that was in his seizure medication that he takes and that the amount was so low that it wouldn’t have been able to mask anything. The NFL basically said they are aware of how it ended up in his system but a rule is a rule.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whoa. That's bad. The NFL should at least have some common sense in the rules. The spirit of the rules is to prevent cheating, not ding guys for seizure medication or trying to get their wives pregnant.

    There's a lot of uncertainty this season, just when the team was starting to look stacked. The Zeke situation. The Quinn situation. Zack Martin and his back. Not sure what's going on with the other contracts. Can't wait for football to start.

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,579
    First pre-season game was UGLY. Was shocked to see Dak and first teamers for a series and 1st team defense for 2 series. Had 3 decert drives that just like last year always stalled for 3 FG attempts going 2-3. Mahr missed another 35 yarder.

    NFL still has no idea what a catch is. Niners had a WR catch ball take 2 steps going backwards loses ball called imcomplete. So got to listen to confused broadcasters for next 20 min lol

    If anything looked good it would be Jarwin. He had a couple good plays where he gets very good seperation. Besides that maybe Gallup. He created a couple big PI penalties. He had to be held.

    Defensively.....Awuzie had some very nice break ups, Jourdan Lewis was all over place along with Jaylon. Taco actually created a lot of pressure on Niners backups.

    Overall......cant get in endzone which looked like most year last year especially first 6 games. Backup QB is a big problem. Cooper looked better than White but both are trash.

    If you didnt watch game no worries you didnt miss anything lol

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,395
    Travis Frederick was out there, but Zack Martin was not. The offense kind of looked the same. Moved down the field pretty easily, but stalled 4 times at the red zone. The Cowboys were ranked 29th in red zone efficiency. They have one of the best lines and a lot of weapons. I've seen teams with less talented weapons and a worse line be able to score in the red zone. Kellem Moore didn't really change that much of what was run last year, but maybe it's just preseason. Though, I saw other teams in preseason install much more wrinkles in their offense.

    Gallup looked good. He's capable of being a #1 if he continues to improve. Cedric Wilson played really, really well. He always seemed to be wide open, which is a good thing.

    Cooper Rush clearly beat out Mike White last night. He was actually making pretty good throws. Two of them would have been big plays, but the receiver just dropped them. White looked like he made his reads pretty slowly. He badly overthrew a ball to Wilson that exposed Wilson to a hit that knocked him out, whereas Rush seemed to have an easy time throwing to Wilson.

    That secondary looks like it's going to be really, really good. If you have Awuzie and Byron Jones together. That will be quite the tandem. Awuzie has really good hands. I remember he tipped a ball to himself and snagged the ball like he was Odell last season. The backups aren't that bad either - Anthony Brown. They will need that back end to hold up with all the question marks with the pass rushers.

    Marinelli was raving about Trysten Hill before the season, but I really didn't see him do much of anything.

    I really miss the Dan Bailey days, when the field goal was a sure thing. Now, even the give-mes are an adventure. I don't understand how a 62 yarder can come easily to Maher, but he struggles with those 35 yarders. Even the ones he makes, it looks very shaky.

    Jerry hypes up Joe Jackson, but he didn't look very good yesterday.

    Luke Gifford probably earned a roster spot with that interception. Donnovan Wilson might also earn a roster spot with the way he played last night.

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,395
    Around the league:
    Kyler Murray looked really good. Too bad he doesn't have much of an offensive line. They literally rely on him running around and making plays.

    Daniel Jones played well. The analysts were blasting the Giants picking Jones instead of Haskins, but he played pretty well. Haskins looked terrible.

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,476
    The first team was going against the 49er's 2nd team D. Same results as last season can't scores TD when in the red zone. That's not a win. Maher is horrible, even the ones he made were just inside the upright. The starting D looks great. So rumor is Dak was offered $30 million and turned it down. Let him walk, not worth that type of money.

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    The first team was going against the 49er's 2nd team D. Same results as last season can't scores TD when in the red zone. That's not a win. Maher is horrible, even the ones he made were just inside the upright. The starting D looks great. So rumor is Dak was offered $30 million and turned it down. Let him walk, not worth that type of money.

    quarterbacks get 15% of your teams payroll. dont like it, find another sport. zeke should have been traded by now however. dak and the others on or coming up on contract years are playing, zeke isnt. and zeke was hot crap to start last season while not playing in the preseason.

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    quarterbacks get 15% of your teams payroll. dont like it, find another sport. zeke should have been traded by now however. dak and the others on or coming up on contract years are playing, zeke isnt. and zeke was hot crap to start last season while not playing in the preseason.
    Where did this 15% nonsense come from? The NFL average is 9.64% and out of the four teams that have 15% or more invested in their QBs (Lions, Vikes, Redskins and Giants), zero made the playoffs last year.

    Paying Dak anywhere near 15% of the cap is the best way to destroy this team for the duration of his contract. The run game, blocking and defense has been carrying this guy for the entirety of his career. Invest in what's worked and find, literally, anyone else to play under center. The team has next year and, with the franchise tag, 2020 to find another option. Or trade Dak and send a 5th rounder to the Titans for whoever loses the starting QB battle out of Mariota/Tannehill. See how Alex Smith's recovery goes. Kick the tires on Jacoby Brissett or Tyrod Taylor. Or wait until the 2020 draft and grab Fromm, Eason or Costello in the upper rounds. Or see if the Raiders or Bengals grab a guy and go get Carr or Dalton.

    The gist is it doesn't matter, as there are dozens of options better than paying an average QB anywhere near his asking price. Trade him to someone desperate and watch him get exposed on a bad team.

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    4,209
    Dak is pretty much a middle of the road QB. And to pay him ELITE QB is beyond reason. It's illogical. Cowboys can probably a QB in next's year who can do similar things to Dak at a fraction of a cost.

    Take it from a non-Cowboy fan, paying Dak 30-40 mill a year is Oakland Raider dumb.
    Screw sabermetics.

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Dak is pretty much a middle of the road QB. And to pay him ELITE QB is beyond reason. It's illogical. Cowboys can probably a QB in next's year who can do similar things to Dak at a fraction of a cost.

    Take it from a non-Cowboy fan, paying Dak 30-40 mill a year is Oakland Raider dumb.

    bahahah. dak isnt elite but you pay the qb position. only brady has more wins in the last three years than dak and daks numbers throwing the ball especially down field are factually elite. just because the offense has not done it does not mean he cant. go back to your safe space now

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    Where did this 15% nonsense come from? The NFL average is 9.64% and out of the four teams that have 15% or more invested in their QBs (Lions, Vikes, Redskins and Giants), zero made the playoffs last year.

    Paying Dak anywhere near 15% of the cap is the best way to destroy this team for the duration of his contract. The run game, blocking and defense has been carrying this guy for the entirety of his career. Invest in what's worked and find, literally, anyone else to play under center. The team has next year and, with the franchise tag, 2020 to find another option. Or trade Dak and send a 5th rounder to the Titans for whoever loses the starting QB battle out of Mariota/Tannehill. See how Alex Smith's recovery goes. Kick the tires on Jacoby Brissett or Tyrod Taylor. Or wait until the 2020 draft and grab Fromm, Eason or Costello in the upper rounds. Or see if the Raiders or Bengals grab a guy and go get Carr or Dalton.

    The gist is it doesn't matter, as there are dozens of options better than paying an average QB anywhere near his asking price. Trade him to someone desperate and watch him get exposed on a bad team.

    dumb. defense was ******* his first year. he carried them and outplayed rodgers in the playoff game. defense lost the game, zeke sure as **** didnt carry anybody in 2 of the 3 playoff games hes been in.

    this isnt a league where you pay rb's its a league where you pay your qb. dallas is in win now mode. not win three years from now when rook finally figures it out. they cant pay everyone and be average to bad in hopes the rookie qb is better. thats not how any of this works

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    im pretty sure their last sb run they had an elite front 7 and no names in the secondary
    Looks like they had Norman, but otherwise I think you're right. But that was like best of the best with Norman. I don't think Jones is quite that good

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •