Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Tyronn Mathieu is getting 14 million a year from the Chiefs. And Tashaun Gipson will get 7.5 million per year. This year safeties seem to be more expensive than the market was last year.

If the Niners are indeed out of the running for Thomas then it definitely comes down to the Texans and Cowboys for his services. The Texans just signed another safety if I am not mistaken so really Thomas's options may have dwindled further.

The Cowboys need to bring in Thomas and sell him on the vision of bringing back a championship to his home. If we can bring him in on what the Cowboys are rumored to be offering that is huge. We can use extra funds to bring in another pass rusher to compliment Lawrence. I wouldn't mind having a look at Houston who was just released from Kansas City. He would be a great get to play in the rotation.

The Niners just traded for Dee Ford. The Texans will be paying Taushan Gipson 7.5 million as Matthieu's replacement.

So Earl Thomas left us for riches in Baltimore. Cant blame him.

If we can get one of these players at each position we would still upgrade the team:

Safety

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
    Tre Boston
    Jahleel Addae
    Mike Mitchell

DT

Christian Covington
    Rodney Gunter

DE

Ezekiel Ansah
    Shaquil Barrett
    Justin Houston
    Shane Ray

Eric Berry to be cut

Emmanuel Ogbah being shopped by Browns

Eric Berry wasn't as good last year. I wonder what his market still is right now. If Earl Thomas pans out, he'd be big for the Ravens.

Eric Berry is a very interesting option for the Cowboys now. Yes he wasn't the same player after his ACL injury but in the end he could be a player willing to sign a one year prove it deal with the Cowboys. His salary shouldn't be too deep based on injuries but if I was the Cowboys I would take a flyer. In the end he is an upgrade at 70% of his old self which he probably is, to what Heath provides.

Another interesting cut that just happened that would be best suited for what the Cowboys are looking for at RB is Isiah Crowell. Quick change of pace back that has above average receiving skills. Exactly what the Cowboys need to spell Zeke.

I would be largely impressed if the Cowboys can somehow get these 2 deals completed.

I'm still at a loss for words that AB and OBJ were traded in the same offseason. I don't even know what I want anymore. I thought ET was a lock. They let Beasley go but kept Austin and Hurns. They haven't been in on any of these solid tight ends. I love Witten but he declined before he took a year off.

Quote Originally Posted by noraj9 View Post
    I'm still at a loss for words that AB and OBJ were traded in the same offseason. I don't even know what I want anymore. I thought ET was a lock. They let Beasley go but kept Austin and Hurns. They haven't been in on any of these solid tight ends. I love Witten but he declined before he took a year off.
    Beasley was let walk and for good reason. He will be a bust in Buffalo. We have cheaper options to provide what he has. As for Witten, yes he isn't going to be a complete star but he will help in the running game and red zone where we have failed since he's retired. Not to mention he is a great mentor and teacher for Schultz and Jarwin.

Im sorry wasting limited funds on a slot receiver or another TE is not the way to go. The Cowboys are smart for doing what they have. They have saved funds to put elsewhere and saved draft picks to plug other areas by making the signings they have made.

With Witten's return and allowing Austin, Hurns and Wilson deal with the slot receiving we have bought ourselves a year to draft in other areas and see what we have and can develop. Use funds to re-sign our own core which is needed for long term success.

As for ET, I am glad we did not get him. We had the 7 ranked D in all of the NFL with safety being the weakest link. Finding an upgrade either in FA, Trade or Draft on Heath will not be hard. Any upgrade at all is making the D better. Spending funds on ET would have been cap mis-management. All the power to the Jones's for doing what they did. I like it and it will prove to be the best thing they didn't do.

2019 Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Daboyz View Post
    Eric Berry is a very interesting option for the Cowboys now. Yes he wasn't the same player after his ACL injury but in the end he could be a player willing to sign a one year prove it deal with the Cowboys. His salary shouldn't be too deep based on injuries but if I was the Cowboys I would take a flyer. In the end he is an upgrade at 70% of his old self which he probably is, to what Heath provides.

Another interesting cut that just happened that would be best suited for what the Cowboys are looking for at RB is Isiah Crowell. Quick change of pace back that has above average receiving skills. Exactly what the Cowboys need to spell Zeke.

I would be largely impressed if the Cowboys can somehow get these 2 deals completed.
    This morning I head Eric Berry referred to as the Sean Lee of safeties. Great player when hes on the field but the problem is hes always hurt. I will still to me saying that Id rather they stick with Woods and find their SS in the draft. I would rather Kris Richard groom the next great safety than for the team to sign the last great safety.

Oh and Id love it if they brought in Crowell. With Kareem Hunts suspension is be surprised if the Browns traded Duke Johnson.

I am kind of jealous of the Browns snagging Odell for such a cheap price. In years past, there was speculation that it would take a boatload. Antonio Brown I can kind of understand because of how he's leaving Pittsburgh. But, the only receiver I'd take over Odell is Julio Jones and that's mainly because of his freakish size and speed.

I really like the name Eric Berry, but the player I saw last season was beat a lot and if you took the name off the jersey, you'd probably criticize the player. I think people still gave him the benefit of the doubt. This is where the talent evaluators on the Cowboys would have to really be a good judge of if he can play like he used to. Revis was great, until he started to really lose a step and then suddenly he was getting beat by everyone. We don't have probowl safeties, but that defense was near top 2 and 3 in terms of opponents points around the time they shut down the Saints (they dropped a bit to 6th by the end of the season). The Cowboys probably are better off bargain shopping, waiting for the talented players that don't quite get their market value and maybe try to get talent from the draft. Guys like Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith, they probably could never afford on the open market...it's in the draft, they can get such a high value. They should learn from the Redskins and not bog the team down with bad contracts. The Redskins seemed to have been the worst in the past decade at that.

Not sure what the Giants game plan is. They trade away their young superstar wide receiver who plays on the outside, then sign 31 year old Golden Tate to an expensive long term guaranteed contract where he plays in the slot where a lot of the other Giant receivers play. It's going to packed in there with Saquon, Engrham, Sheperd all like the ball.

HaHa Clinton Dix signed a one year deal with the Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Not sure what the Giants game plan is. They trade away their young superstar wide receiver who plays on the outside, then sign 31 year old Golden Tate to an expensive long term guaranteed contract where he plays in the slot where a lot of the other Giant receivers play. It's going to packed in there with Saquon, Engrham, Sheperd all like the ball.

HaHa Clinton Dix signed a one year deal with the Bears.
    Teams will stack the line like they did to us before Cooper got here.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Teams will stack the line like they did to us before Cooper got here.
    Browns fans are going nuts. The Giants had two of the most explosive players at their positions - Saquon and Odell. If this trade doesn't pan out, that NY GM will be run out of town.

team is talking and talking is not doing, about putting amare in the slot more. jordy nelson got released. his 2018 salary was 3.14 million. seems reasonable for a 3rd option, outside threat to flex amare inside to me for this team.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast