Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 315
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,574
    ideally smith if he gets a new deal it would be at far less than what he has made and he would move to rt. even with his inuries hes still an above average LT, just not elite anymore but he would be fine at RT. keep williams and mcgovern inside and maybe comp some picks/players for martin and with the zeke compensation in a trade move up and draft a new LT for years to come. yes you will eventually have to pay the new OL if they pan out but it buys you some years of paying basically nothing except to frederick for the next few years.

    im not saying get rid of players to get rid of them but there are more ways to skin a cat than just paying everyone and figuring it out.

    i'd feel fine with smith at rt, frederick and the other two inside for years to come. if the new LT works out then its even better but until then you can pay everyone else....cooper, dak, jones, woods, awuzie, lve and when time comes to pay the ol maybe tank finds a new home.

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Why won't we just sign Matt Bryant to kick and call it good? Maher has a big leg, but Bryant is an elite kicker and one of the best of all time. Sign the dude already
    Yea this upsets me greatly. There is huge bang for buck improvement to be had here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Time to start looking for a trade partner for Zeke. Whoever offers the best package of draft picks, preferably in the AFL so we don't have to play against him that often. Morris, Pollard, & Weber or Jackson will be fine in this offense. Also, what is up with Cooper? What is the truth to his injury? Dak needs to remember, if he signs for $35 million or so, the line in front of him probably won't look the same after this year. Williams will probably be moved to RT and McGovern will probably be the starting LG. Smith & Martin are dealing with back issues, Dak might not want to be running for his life for the next 5 or 6 years.
    The line will probably start to look different whether Dak signs for 35 or 25. Guys are getting older and breaking down. Zack Martin starting to get injured and showing signs of recurring back problems. The heyday of this line may be history. Cowboys need to evolve to the quicker hitting pass scheme that favors quick release of ball and doesn't rely as heavily on investing in an all world O-line.

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,424
    The Cowboys offered Zeke the 2nd highest running back money. He wants more than Gurley. 2nd highest is around Leveon money that's 35 million guaranteed and Gurley was like 45 million guaranteed. Looks like they are making a lot of progress and this is going to get done. Dak turned down 30 million dollars a year, so not sure how much his camp wants. The Cowboys definitely have to keep having a strong o line, even if it means spending high draft picks to replace the superstars. Otherwise, Dak would get killed. The Cardinals quarterbacks run for their lives. I would like to see them emphasize more of the deep passing attack you see the Chiefs have. It will open up all sorts of things for all the other guys.

  5. #290
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    The Cowboys offered Zeke the 2nd highest running back money. He wants more than Gurley. 2nd highest is around Leveon money that's 35 million guaranteed and Gurley was like 45 million guaranteed. Looks like they are making a lot of progress and this is going to get done. Dak turned down 30 million dollars a year, so not sure how much his camp wants. The Cowboys definitely have to keep having a strong o line, even if it means spending high draft picks to replace the superstars. Otherwise, Dak would get killed. The Cardinals quarterbacks run for their lives. I would like to see them emphasize more of the deep passing attack you see the Chiefs have. It will open up all sorts of things for all the other guys.

    hope not. its a terrible decision all around. when he gets ran into the ground even further before his rookie time expires and looks like trash on the backend of his extension. we'll be here to talk about how we should be running the team and not giving out stupid contracts.

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    hope not. its a terrible decision all around. when he gets ran into the ground even further before his rookie time expires and looks like trash on the backend of his extension. we'll be here to talk about how we should be running the team and not giving out stupid contracts.
    The reports seem to indicate that it's optimistic that he won't miss a game. That really they aren't that far apart on that guaranteed money. Jaylon Smith also had that big deal. Now, I wonder how much Amari and Vander Esch will get.

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    The reports seem to indicate that it's optimistic that he won't miss a game. That really they aren't that far apart on that guaranteed money. Jaylon Smith also had that big deal. Now, I wonder how much Amari and Vander Esch will get.
    Vander Esch will be entering the 2nd year of a 4 year deal with a 5th year team option. I dont think we need to worry about him for a few years and at that position the Cowboys will gladly re-up him at the right time - this is exactly why you dont give Zeke a big contract at a position where Jim ****ing Brown would add very little Win Percentage added value.

  8. #293
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,424
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Vander Esch will be entering the 2nd year of a 4 year deal with a 5th year team option. I dont think we need to worry about him for a few years and at that position the Cowboys will gladly re-up him at the right time - this is exactly why you dont give Zeke a big contract at a position where Jim ****ing Brown would add very little Win Percentage added value.
    It does seem like the Cowboys are now trying to lock up these defensive guys earlier. They had to pay a little more when they waited on DLawrence. Iam just ready for the season to start to see how this team pans out. I hope the offense is explosive this year and it seems like they have more to work with this time.

  9. #294
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,590
    Opening drive Dak missing wide open guys, 1 was just a awful read to Gallup the other too high to gallup. Defense is on another level. Forced fumble on Texans 25, Dak escapes a sack and finds Gallup. While i dont agree with Faulk that Dak will be a bum after being paid he is simply who he is. A game manager. Poor mans Alex Smith. Should be a top 10 paid QB but my god nowhere near top paid lol
    Block punt for TD now! This defense prob be a good fantasy pickup. Maliek Collins is looking like a pro bowler.
    Last edited by NFLNBA; 08-24-2019 at 07:34 PM.

  10. #295
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,590
    Cooper has looked damn good. When he is confident and given a little time he is a better pure passer than Dak easily. He reads routes quicker and leads better. Just isn't the leader and heart like Dak is.

  11. #296
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,424
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Cooper has looked damn good. When he is confident and given a little time he is a better pure passer than Dak easily. He reads routes quicker and leads better. Just isn't the leader and heart like Dak is.
    Pay the man.

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    The reports seem to indicate that it's optimistic that he won't miss a game. That really they aren't that far apart on that guaranteed money. Jaylon Smith also had that big deal. Now, I wonder how much Amari and Vander Esch will get.
    he wants to set the market and i get it. nflpa is in his ear. but there is only X amount of dollars to go around and he turned down big money today. hes got to go. wish him well, hope he gets his money elsewhere but for this team it makes zero sense to pay him big dollars.

  13. #298
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    he wants to set the market and i get it. nflpa is in his ear. but there is only X amount of dollars to go around and he turned down big money today. hes got to go. wish him well, hope he gets his money elsewhere but for this team it makes zero sense to pay him big dollars.
    I wonder how good Pollard will be. I'd like to see them pass more to the running back and get easy yards. The team needs to up their passing attack more. The league is going more towards airing it out. Kellem Moore needs to change from Linehan's conservative ways.

  14. #299
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,424
    All 3 units looked really good. Joe Thomas was impressive with that punt block for a touchdown. The defense looks very disruptive, with a lot of speed. And the offense seemed to move pretty easily down the field.

  15. #300
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,574
    Odd stat. Dalas under Garrett has never made the playoffs when they win the season opener. Additionally they have made the playoffs every year under Garrett when they lose the opener. I would say if that holds, as its held for Garrets entire tenure we need the Giants to win (gross) or we arent making the playoffs this year.

    Secondly. Dallas is still Americas team. First football topic on all shows football related every day of every year. Now this narrative that Dallas needs Zeke to win games while they talk about the league be a passing league is comical.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •