Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Jason Garret Pro Bowl jokes everywhere on Twitter today with people asking could he be fired for his poor Pro Bowl coaching performance alone? LOL

A lot of shows analyze why the 4 teams have been successful. Bill Bellichek seems to change schemes game to game, even within a game. He'll show you a 3-4, then a 4-3 in the same game. You can beat him, but it really challenges your football knowledge, being able to recognize what he's doing within a few split seconds. They showed how the other side would be scrambling confused to figure what's going on. A lot of his players can't even beat their guy in a footrace, so he's able to dial things up to give his team an advantage. Sean McVay is reported to be one of the nicest coaches. Instead of talking down to his players..he comes in and says how can we figure this out and turn things around. He has an open door to any player on his team. Both coaches are also very good at figuring out what the other team's doing and making adjustments, even within a game. The Rams figured out from the game tape of the Cowboy loss to the Colts that their one weakness was right up the gut and really exploited the heck out of that. Now, it will be interesting to see if the torch is passed. The new prodigy versus the old jedi. The young hot #1 pick Goff vs. the Hall of Famer Brady. The Rams, the clearly, more athletically talented team versus the savvy way more experienced Pats team. The 4 teams that made the championships seem to be the most adaptable teams with more of a modern approach, able to win in many more ways....thought, the Chiefs were a little lopsided with their defense being way worse. The Rams, Saints and Patriots were more balanced. The Chiefs relied on the explosive plays to erase any mistakes...and it almost worked. I feel like if their defense was a little better or if Kareem Hunt was there, that might have been enough. But, Bellichek knew that he had to get an early lead to prevent the Chief's explosive come backs.

I think Garrett just knows how to stay on Jerry's good side. Jerry probably loves him like a son. The Cowboys have had 2 hall of fame coaches under Jerry and Garrett has been tenured longer than both of them. Even when the Cowboys do poorly, it's usually the assistant coaches that get the ax.

Kellen Moore and Jon Kitna officially names to their respective roles of OC and QB coach today.

Moore will be calling the plays, but with lots of input from Garrett and Nussmeier it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Kellen Moore and Jon Kitna officially names to their respective roles of OC and QB coach today.

Moore will be calling the plays, but with lots of input from Garrett and Nussmeier it seems
    Well, hopefully then improve this pass offense, which was ranked almost dead last for most of the season. The 4 hottest offensive teams happen to be the last 4 standing in the playoffs. I've seen a few articles where it says that Garrett might not be extended. Not sure if that is just speculation.

What are your thoughts on the Super bowl? How do you think it would play out between the Rams and the Patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Well, hopefully then improve this pass offense, which was ranked almost dead last for most of the season. The 4 hottest offensive teams happen to be the last 4 standing in the playoffs. I've seen a few articles where it says that Garrett might not be extended. Not sure if that is just speculation.

What are your thoughts on the Super bowl? How do you think it would play out between the Rams and the Patriots?
    I think Patriots will win. Rams are lucky to be there and Pats just have so much experience it's impossible to pick against them. Rams are a solid team, but they've won largely because of very good coaching this year. They're going against probably the best coaching staff in football, so McVay probably won't be able to scheme Goff to victory in this one. You never know, but I'd say Pats win.

I think this Super Bowl is the biggest lock in a long time. Pats win, and they win big. Game will be over by half time.

Garrett not being extended is the best business that Jones has conducted. Give Garrett rope to start the season, he earned that by turning last season around. But if the team struggles out of the gate putting someone in as an interim head coach (Richards) until the end of the season does 2 things.

1) Richards cannot be spoken to until the Cowboys make a decision on HC for next season
    2) Keeps options open for someone external like Sean Payton. Once Brees is gone Payton will jump ship. This could be a soon as next off season.

Good move by the Cowboys with this non-extension right now.

I think Patriots will win. Rams are lucky to be there and Pats just have so much experience it's impossible to pick against them. Rams are a solid team, but they've won largely because of very good coaching this year. They're going against probably the best coaching staff in football, so McVay probably won't be able to scheme Goff to victory in this one. You never know, but I'd say Pats win.
    It will be interesting for sure. It's literally set up as the new approach vs the old guard. That Ram team looks more talented and athletic, but the Patriots seem to have way more experience. I wonder how all the glamour of the Superbowl and family-friends will distract the young Ram players in their preparation. Though, the Patriots have lost 3 out of their last 5 super bowls, so they haven't been as much of a lock. The teams that seem to beat the Patriots are the ones that come at Brady hard at knock him out of his rhythm. The Patriots way is to make less mistakes than the other guy to not blow the game.

Btw, Mamba, what's going to be your Superbowl meal and snacks? I am looking for inspiration.

Btw, Mamba, what's going to be your Superbowl meal and snacks? I am looking for inspiration.
    I don't have much for inspiration! Going to have pizza and then my wife is making some various dips for chips and such. What about you? Maybe you can provide me inspiration lol

I don't have much for inspiration! Going to have pizza and then my wife is making some various dips for chips and such. What about you? Maybe you can provide me inspiration lol
    Well, my favorite meal so far as been the breaded chicken with lemon picata sauce. Tastes like a fancy restaurant. I have also really loved fried chicken. Sometimes I go for the Spaghetti with meat sauce or steak and potatoes. But those have been just food for regular Sunday Cowboy games. This will be the last football we seen for the next 9 months. Since it will be a long game with all the half time festivities, I might opt for several meals. Like one meal to start the first quarter and then a second one to start the 3rd quarter.

Also I got this idea from taco bell, but I started to eat the fried chicken strips with nacho cheese sauce and jalapenos when I am at the theater. They don't have that as a combo, but I just ask for it since they already have the cheese sauce for the chips.

Not the prettiest Superbowl. If you're a fan of the methodical ugly it up style, this one was for you. Bellichek totally outcoached McVay. Wade Phillips did great, but McVay had no answer for Bellichek's defense which seem to take out all their best weapons.

Best commercial: Michael Buble.

Romo has become a very gifted broadcaster. He didn't really have any experience doing it and seems to have gone in and done it better than most I've seen. The management who picked him must have a real eye for talent because how could they figure he'd step in and do it that well. I was getting really sick of Phil Sims who has an abrasive personality.

Not the prettiest Superbowl. If you're a fan of the methodical ugly it up style, this one was for you. Bellichek totally outcoached McVay. Wade Phillips did great, but McVay had no answer for Bellichek's defense which seem to take out all their best weapons.

Best commercial: Michael Buble.
    I liked the football commercial with all the ex players at that banquet.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast