Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cowboys Fire Scott Linehan

Cowboys have fired OC Scott Linehan. According to Rapaport they "want to move their offense in a new direction."

Apparently, they recently struck out with a "bright" offensive assistant as well.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/c...?sf206227340=1

Finally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I now consider this season a smashing success

Yankees Farm System

Well I'm not saying a smashing success. Garrett & Moore are still here.

The offense was hard to watch. Could barely crack 24 most days. Time to get some new ideas.

Need to get away completely from any base Garrett philosophy whatsoever! "impose your will" "ground and pound" is a losing formula in modern NFL. Quit running into a 9 man box. Play action on first down, moving the pocket, quick pace hurry up as a base set, run out of a RPO as a base set alternative. 1990 pro style offense doesnt get it done in 2019 nor does it play into Dak's skill set.

Current Cowboys quarterbacks coach and former Cowboys quarterback Kellen Moore is a top candidate to slide into the vacant offensive coordinator position, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday.

The Boise State legend played three seasons in Dallas, starting two games, before retiring and becoming the Cowboys QBs coach in 2018.

To replace Moore, Dallas is likely to hire Jon Kitna, who as recently as Sunday was the offensive coordinator for the AAF's San Diego Fleet, Rapoport reported. Kitna has already left his job at the Fleet. Kitna has around seven years of head coaching experience, all at the high school level. Prior to his brief stint in San Diego, Kitna had no professional coaching experience
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...a-for-qb-coach

Are you f***ing kidding me? Hope we go 2-14 next year so Jerry is forced to send Garrett and his crew packing. I am so sick of this

Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...a-for-qb-coach

Are you f***ing kidding me? Hope we go 2-14 next year so Jerry is forced to send Garrett and his crew packing. I am so sick of this

I honestly think this will finally be the make or break year for Garrett. Moore is Garrettís choice as the OC, and Jon Kitna was also a Garrett hire. Also even though Moore will be the OC, Garrett is expected to be the primary play caller. Red finally has all he ever wanted. He has no excuses not to win. If the offense does not finish in the top 10 and if the team does not make it to at least the NFC Championship game he will not be retained.

At that point (next off season) Jerry will finally be able to go after the coach heís wanted all along without having to pay the Saints compensation (since Paytonís contract will also be up).

The offense was so conservative. Even though, we have some really fast guys capable of catching the deep ball, the team was actually not that good on the pff stats in terms of the deep ball and explosive plays. I understand that helps win games by minimizing turnovers, but it also means teams aren't scared of the Dallas offense. You're not afraid they are going to put up 45 points through the air or come back on you when down by 3 scores. I never got the feeling that we could win a game consistently without keeping the other team down to 21 points. If it's possible to get another dynamic wide receiver, I wouldn't mind it. Also, a Tony Gonzalez type would really do wonders for this team. It's too much to have to guard Zeke, Amari and then a stud tight end. I think this team over relies on Zeke. He's a dynamic back, but he's not superhuman. He probably has a ton of miles on him already, so having a good backup that scares teams would keep Zeke fresh.

I like it. Moore comes from a very innovative coaching lineage and should be much more imaginative than Scott Linehan. I am surprised they are going to him with little coaching experience, but he's got about as much as McVay did when Washington made him their OC (probably more experience really since he was basically a coach when he was backup QB). We want a fresh view on the offense while keeping Garrett as the HC? This is about as good as we are going to get. Better than just signing some re-tread coach with lots of experience of mediocrity.

Just from a fan perspective of enjoyment, I'd prefer to see a more quick strike offense, where the Cowboys are a threat to score fast in any game. The wear them out game is effective, but it's hard to be perfect every game when the other team gets us out of our game plan and we find ourselves down early and in one of those offensive shootouts. By the way, the Rams are going to the Superbowl, so we lost to a pretty darn good team and this Cowboys team is still pretty young.

Ya I am ok with Moore if he brings some of the Boise State innovative spread concepts into play. His Boise State teams were impossible to defend.

This is the 2nd year in a row where the NFC participant in the SB is a 2nd year head coach. You hear that Jason Garrett?? We are talking to you Jason.
    Last edited by zookman65; 01-21-2019 at 12:22 AM.

All four teams in the NFC and AFC championships happened to feature 4 of the best coaches the league. Some really high level chess maneuvering, adjustments and game planning. I think it's highly doubtful we get to the Superbowl against elite coaches like this, unless we have a comparable high level coach. It's not really just looking for something different. You can change things and make it worse. Our coaching pretty much would win a lot of games and maybe get bounced out the second round when we face a Sean McVay. These coaches seem to know how to figure out the opponents weaknesses or adjust to situations where their own weaknesses were exposed. Plus, having a real feel for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I like it. Moore comes from a very innovative coaching lineage and should be much more imaginative than Scott Linehan. I am surprised they are going to him with little coaching experience, but he's got about as much as McVay did when Washington made him their OC (probably more experience really since he was basically a coach when he was backup QB). We want a fresh view on the offense while keeping Garrett as the HC? This is about as good as we are going to get. Better than just signing some re-tread coach with lots of experience of mediocrity.
    I was actually thinking the same. The options out there as a replacement are not great. McVay got the same WTF??? When he was hired so Iím willing to give this a shot over some of the other options. If he blows, it shouldnít be hard to move on from him and itís something we could start addressing before all the young offensive minds are taken.

Yankees Farm System

And one of the biggest things Iíve always heard about Moore was that he could dissect anything on the field, he just lacked the arm strength to do anything about it.

Yankees Farm System

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast