Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Colts Fire Offensive Line Coach

If we could hire this man after already having Gary Kubiak join the staff, you want to start about the best start to an offseason that we could imagine!

I read he worked under Tony Sparano in Miami and NYJ. I would assume that connection would be appealing to Zimmer. The Colts improved tremendously but the additions of Nelson and Smith were huge factors into their success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Only if he brings Quenton Nelson with him here

Why'd they fire him? Wasn't their O line one of the best in the league? iirc Luck was barely touched or sacked all season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Why'd they fire him? Wasn't their O line one of the best in the league? iirc Luck was barely touched or sacked all season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I read Reich wanted his own guy. He was the only staff member that McDaniels hired before blowing off the Colts.

2019 Vikings Draft :

He also didn't exactly make points when he literally got pissed at Good for taking a leave of absence when his brother was murdered and told him he'd never play a down for him....Good requested his release eventually.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

pick him up!!

Can we at least assume we aren't signing that Dennison dude since he isn't signed yet?

Man there are a lot of good OL coaches out there. We could get any of 3-4 guys and I'd be pretty happy.

I understand coaching is a big part of it, but we need to bring in better players on the offensive line if we want to see a big improvement. Reiff, Compton, and Remmers need to be replaced in my opinion. If we want to keep Reiff and play him at guard i’d be open to that, but we need to add a book end left tackle and a mauling gaurd via the draft or free agency or it won’t matter who we bring in as a coach.

Reiff will be with us for at least one more year due to his contract and he graded average at LT so I would keep him there for at least one more year. But the guards need to be replaced and we need some dudes with strength. This is a make or break year for Elflein.

what if Reiff were kicked inside to guard and we brought in a solid LT in FA? we all (including me) talk like we need a lot of bodies, but if Easton is back, do we know what we have with Isidora? Looking at our last few drafts, tho, we absolutely SUCK at drafting OL...in large part because we usually wait until day 3 of the draft to address it
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    what if Reiff were kicked inside to guard and we brought in a solid LT in FA? we all (including me) talk like we need a lot of bodies, but if Easton is back, do we know what we have with Isidora? Looking at our last few drafts, tho, we absolutely SUCK at drafting OL...in large part because we usually wait until day 3 of the draft to address it
    That’s my preference, I think Reiff is a servicable left tackle but i think he’d be a much better guard. Easton coming back healthy should be a nice boost for us, I liked what I saw from him last year. Him and Reiff would give us a pair of solid athletic guards. Our screen game was very strong a year ago and i think Easton and Reiff were a big reason for that. Isidora can’t be too good if he got beat out by the likes of Tom Compton and Mike Remmers, no thanks on him playing next year. Idk who’s available in free agency or the draft but this might be Rick’s last chance to get this thing right before he’s sent packing.
    Last edited by nasthemasta; 01-18-2019 at 08:13 PM.

I would rather cut Reiff than move him to G. We have no idea how good he’ll be there and he gets paid to much to be an experiment. If somehow we are able to find a starting LT at 18 then just let Reiff go. Let Easton start at G (if healthy) or find a free agent.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I would rather cut Reiff than move him to G. We have no idea how good he’ll be there and he gets paid to much to be an experiment. If somehow we are able to find a starting LT at 18 then just let Reiff go. Let Easton start at G (if healthy) or find a free agent.

We shouldn’t be looking at a specific position on the o-line in free agency or the draft, we should just be focusing on acquiring high level talent. Once we get to camp our focus then should be putting the best combination of 5 guys together. If Reiff is one of those 5, I don’t see a reason why we’d cut him. It shouldn’t be LT or nothing for Reiff in my opinion I think he’s a good enough asset and is capable of playing multiple positions including RT as well. Who knows maybe O’Neil turns into the stud LT we’ve been waiting for next year. Wishful thinking but hey put some weight on that kid and I think he can be really good.