Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 189 of 213 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3183
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Can't we just admit Dak is an above average QB and that's about it? Paying him more than Wentz kills the Cowboys because he doesn't have the talent Wentz does to carry a team. We will be the Giants with Eli when we pay Dak top money.
    Wentz has better arm talent but that doesnít necessarily make him a better overall QB. There are a lot more factors to being a great QB than just throwing a better ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Virtually everyone wants Dallas to pay Dak like he's a top tier QB.....just not for the same reasons
    Everyone except the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I wouldn't even mind paying him as long as team management is willing to pull the plug if it doesn't work out. For example if the contract had an out after 2021. But most teams would rather overpay an above average QB than start a rebuild. Even the Eagles did it. They paid Sam Bradford and traded up to get Wentz afterward. The Vikings bailed us out big time there.

As I said, I'd pay all three of Dak, Amari, Zeke just to keep the window open. Make them all the highest paid player at their position. But you've got to be willing to make cuts if they don't deliver in the next couple of years.
    The Seahawks did it too the same year they drafted Wilson to be their backup QB.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    You never saw them sow total yards for a drive? Do you guys even watch games anymore ?
    It's weird because I just looked at the drive summary, and it says 12 plays for 97 yards. How could that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Wentz has better arm talent but that doesnít necessarily make him a better overall QB. There are a lot more factors to being a great QB than just throwing a better ball.

Can we agree W/L record isnít a factor?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I feel like that could be more of a defensive stat than a QB stat.
    Weíd have to know if that one Cowboys score came in the 4th, or did the Cowboys have the lead for a while in a low scoring game. If it was a come back scenario then I would say the wins would be more on the QB. If it was a low scoring game where the Cowboys held on to the lead, then it was definitely about the defense. I donít have the desire to look all that up. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Can we agree W/L record isnít a factor?
    Yea we can agree on that. Each of these teams has a defense that is more than capable of taking over a game allowing the QB to just be a bus driver for that particular game, so wins and losses are not really a good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Weíd have to know if that one Cowboys score came in the 4th, or did the Cowboys have the lead for a while in a low scoring game. If it was a come back scenario then I would say the wins would be more on the QB. If it was a low scoring game where the Cowboys held on to the lead, then it was definitely about the defense. I donít have the desire to look all that up. Lol

Somewhere I did that work already.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Somewhere I did that work already.
    And failed miserably. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    It's weird because I just looked at the drive summary, and it says 12 plays for 97 yards. How could that be?
    Iím fresh off the beach and Iím to tired to explain it . Yes yes they only accumulated 97 yards whatever makes you happy .

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I like how there is a working assumption that Dak wont continue to learn and improve like Russ did. IF you look at Russ numbers his first 3 years he was more of a buss driver than Dak has been. Dak is good enough to win. THe question is will the Boys inferior and outdated offensive scheme allow them to excel? I would rather sign Dak and Amari and let the 0.5 expected win added, not effective in high leverage situations Zeke walk. Paying a RB 15 million a year is not a way to team build in the modern NFL where the forward pass is proven to be far more effective than 3 yards and a cloud of dust. It's not 1960 anymore for gods sake.
    Yeah it's easy to forget he was seen as pretty raw coming out of college. He's got plenty he can still improve on and it seems Moore and Kitna are more likely to unlock stuff with him than Linehan was going to. Could definitely improve a lot more.

And, yes, I totally agree with you about paying Dak or Zeke. RBs are just pretty replaceable. Zeke is awesome and our offense is obviously better with him, but you can't pay RBs like that. I don't want Dak to get more than $30M but there isn't much of a choice to make about it. Pay him and keep going forward

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    And failed miserably. Lol
    No, facts were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    And, yes, I totally agree with you about paying Dak or Zeke. RBs are just pretty replaceable. Zeke is awesome and our offense is obviously better with him, but you can't pay RBs like that. I don't want Dak to get more than $30M but there isn't much of a choice to make about it. Pay him and keep going forward
    That's why I like the Zeke holdout even if I weren't an Eagles fan.

We'll get to see how replaceable he is. I think the situation is a bit different than with Bell in Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Iím fresh off the beach and Iím to tired to explain it . Yes yes they only accumulated 97 yards whatever makes you happy .
    there's nothing to explain....it was a 97 yard drive in which, due to penalties, they accumulated 115 total yards statistically.....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    there's nothing to explain....it was a 97 yard drive in which, due to penalties, they accumulated 115 total yards statistically.....
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.redd..._yards_due_to/
    There has been plenty of conversations about this topic. Pretty petty to mock him for thinking it was interesting they went 115 yards on a drive.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/nflresear...532416?lang=en
    Last edited by mariner4life; 08-18-2019 at 05:44 PM.