Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139
Results 2,071 to 2,076 of 2076
    There’s only 1 surf.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    They gave him the MVP prior to his injury? ..lol.. you said during his mvp run. Believe me I whish you didn’t but you did. You really did. During his mvp run.. lol.. wtf man be better then that . Zillions of guys got hurt While playing great but your the very first person I ever hear say during his mvp run regarding a guy who. Never won MVP . Now that’s special .
    I think sometimes you tend to argue more about the words than you do about the actual meaning of the words..

Bdawk said:
    “Wentz was blowing teams out during his mvp run prior to injury”.

That’s essentially the same thing as saying “wentz was blowing teams out during his mvp race prior to injury”. A “run” and a “race” could be used in the same context..

Was wentz in the mvp race? Absolutely, in fact a lot of people (that aren’t even eagles fans) would say that wentz was leading that mvp race prior to his injury.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I think sometimes you tend to argue more about the words than you do about the actual meaning of the words..

Bdawk said:
    “Wentz was blowing teams out during his mvp run prior to injury”.

That’s essentially the same thing as saying “wentz was blowing teams out during his mvp race prior to injury”. A “run” and a “race” could be used in the same context..

Was wentz in the mvp race? Absolutely, in fact a lot of people (that aren’t even eagles fans) would say that wentz was leading that mvp race prior to his injury.
    Yeah I’m sorry i never heard of a player being referred to like that unless they really won it. Who came in 2nd last year or 3rd I don’t even remember where Wentz finished . But are those guys saying .. yeah during my mvp run I was really killing it. Do you see how crazy that sounds and that would be from players who played in 16 games . You say I get hung up on words but in here what else is there? It’s just a crazy thing to say. But it’s all subjective. I’m chastised by people who hyped chip Lombardi, Byron Maxwell , Sam Bradford , Mathews..the guy who came BACK I don’t even remember his first name and so on and so on for pointing out how well Dak has played in certain areas ...oololooololololololol

Jordan Mathews .. sorry guys that’s bushleague we had hundreds of conversations about him I should have remembered..lololololol

Imagine ifCody Bellinger got hurt with 40 games left and I referred to this season as his a “ MVP Run”....it’s getting bad in here . Medication is needed.
    I absolutely would be ok with this.

I felt Kershaw could’ve won CY Young a few seasons ago when he only pitched like 150 innings or so but was completely dominating.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with referring to someone having a MVP type season up until they got hurt especially when they played as much as Wentz and Bellinger/Kershaw did in our analogies. You’re looking at roughly playing 70-75% of the season.

Now giving the MVP is a different story because you’d have to really blow the competition out of the water when you played about 15-20% less than them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Yeah I’m sorry i never heard of a player being referred to like that unless they really won it. Who came in 2nd last year or 3rd I don’t even remember where Wentz finished . But are those guys saying .. yeah during my mvp run I was really killing it. Do you see how crazy that sounds and that would be from players who played in 16 games . You say I get hung up on words but in here what else is there? It’s just a crazy thing to say. But it’s all subjective. I’m chastised by people who hyped chip Lombardi, Byron Maxwell , Sam Bradford , Mathews..the guy who came BACK I don’t even remember his first name and so on and so on for pointing out how well Dak has played in certain areas ...oololooololololololol
    Again.. You’re arguing more about the actual word over what Bdawk is actually saying.. Is Bdawk saying that Carson wentz was the mvp? If you look at the full context of what he is saying you’ll find that no he is not.. He is saying that wentz was playing like an mvp, and that statement is true because wentz absolutely was playing like an mvp before he got hurt.

Continue to believe what you wanna believe though I guess

Your baby can't do this