Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 298
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    78,790

    NFC East Off-Season Thread

    Redskins fans.
    Giants fans.
    Dallas fans.
    Philadelphia fans.

    Everybody get in the pool.

    Well, where does each respective team go from here?

    The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS


    #15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWonítBeatATL, #YouWonítBeatMIN, #YouWonítBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #CanítRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    8,585
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Well, where does each respective team go from here?
    If they follow your direction, they get in the pool.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,479
    I like the eagles future, same can be said about the cowboys. Giants, Im not sure about, could go either way. Maybe they take a run at Foles. Redskins will suck for a while.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,956
    Washington is in the toughest position of all the NFCE teams. Losing Alex Smith after giving him all that guaranteed money is very difficult to overcome. They were a flawed team with Alex Smith, now you can add QB to their list of needs too. Their defense should still be good, so they won't be really bad or anything, but their offense will need to find some playmakers and competent QB play. Guice being healthy should be a good thing, but we simply don't know if he will be good or not since we haven't seen him play. They have virtually no receiving weapons outside of Reed. It's gonna be tough in DC for at least this next year, maybe longer.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    15,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Washington is in the toughest position of all the NFCE teams. Losing Alex Smith after giving him all that guaranteed money is very difficult to overcome. They were a flawed team with Alex Smith, now you can add QB to their list of needs too. Their defense should still be good, so they won't be really bad or anything, but their offense will need to find some playmakers and competent QB play. Guice being healthy should be a good thing, but we simply don't know if he will be good or not since we haven't seen him play. They have virtually no receiving weapons outside of Reed. It's gonna be tough in DC for at least this next year, maybe longer.
    Bruce Allen needs to do something flashy to save his job and keep filling seats, so Kyler Murray, welcome to DC.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    13,183
    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    I like the eagles future, same can be said about the cowboys. Giants, Im not sure about, could go either way. Maybe they take a run at Foles. Redskins will suck for a while.
    Short-term, yes, but most our core is getting up their in age. The window of this team is Wentz's rookie contract.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    25,812
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Short-term, yes, but most our core is getting up their in age. The window of this team is Wentz's rookie contract.
    I agree. Jenkins, Cox, ertz, AJ, bradham, LJ, Graham(FA), kelce, Hicks(FA). These guys are all late 20s to early 30s. They probably all have a few really good years left but the eagles need to start adding young depth behind them so they can keep going when those guys start to slow down, otherwise I think this team will only have a few short years of making some noise.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,165
    Dallas, I think, is in a pretty good position. If they manage to keep Lawrence, that defense alone should probably be enough to make them a dangerous team. Cooper has played like he did maybe only in his rookie year, I personally was a big fan of Gallup coming out, so that offense still has room to improve. Washington and Giants are the hardest to predict. I do believe that Washington is not that far away from competing once again for the division. As for the Giants, it's interesting to see where they go with their rebuild. They need to hit on quite a few picks or signings to have the roster shape up nicely, but I wouldn't say they're that far off either. They're also in a pretty good position to look at either one of Haskins and Murray, that's promising.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    11,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Washington is in the toughest position of all the NFCE teams. Losing Alex Smith after giving him all that guaranteed money is very difficult to overcome. They were a flawed team with Alex Smith, now you can add QB to their list of needs too. Their defense should still be good, so they won't be really bad or anything, but their offense will need to find some playmakers and competent QB play. Guice being healthy should be a good thing, but we simply don't know if he will be good or not since we haven't seen him play. They have virtually no receiving weapons outside of Reed. It's gonna be tough in DC for at least this next year, maybe longer.
    A flawed team that was 6-3
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    25,812
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    A flawed team that was 6-3
    The record of the teams that Washington beat in those first 6 wins finished for a combined record of 36-60. And those wins are kinda inflated because Dallas is one of those teams that Washington beat in that time period. Thing is, Washington beat Dallas before Dallas made that Amari cooper trade which clearly made their team much better. Dallas finished the season winning 7/8 after the cooper trade, so Washington didnít beat Dallas when Dallas was at full strength.

    In comparison, the record of the teams that the redskins lost to in that 6-3 start finished for a combined 30-18 record. So in other words, the redskins beat the teams that they should have beat and lost to the teams that were playoff/borderline playoff type teams.

    So yea, I can only speak for myself, but Iím not exactly impressed by them starting 6-3. Injuries happened, sure, but I donít see anything that convinces me that they were a good team at the beginning of the season, rather they were just given an easy schedule to start the season.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    11,614
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    The record of the teams that Washington beat in those first 6 wins finished for a combined record of 36-60. And those wins are kinda inflated because Dallas is one of those teams that Washington beat in that time period. Thing is, Washington beat Dallas before Dallas made that Amari cooper trade which clearly made their team much better. Dallas finished the season winning 7/8 after the cooper trade, so Washington didnít beat Dallas when Dallas was at full strength.

    In comparison, the record of the teams that the redskins lost to in that 6-3 start finished for a combined 30-18 record. So in other words, the redskins beat the teams that they should have beat and lost to the teams that were playoff/borderline playoff type teams.

    So yea, I can only speak for myself, but Iím not exactly impressed by them starting 6-3. Injuries happened, sure, but I donít see anything that convinces me that they were a good team at the beginning of the season, rather they were just given an easy schedule to start the season.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And Dallas beat us the week after Smith broke his leg on a short week with McCoy and he got no practice. As much better as Amari Cooper made Dallas, losing Alex Smith made the Skins that much worse. Philly beat us in the game McCoy broke his leg early and we basically played Mark Sanchez all game after being signed for like 10 days on top of how much he sucks to begin with and again with Josh Johnson, both games with linemen starting that were not on rosters a couple weeks prior, so the skins were no where remotely close to full strength against philly, so I can for sure use that same argument for those 2 games right? Im not saying we would have won all those games with Smith, but I certainly think we would have won at least 9 total, maybe 1 or 2 more.

    Finishing the season 1-6 after the starting QB broke his leg isn't just a coincidence no matter what the schedule looked like. Before the season started all us skins fans talked about was how tough the first half of the season was, and we got through it at 6-3 and everyone was in pretty good spirits. Its not our fault Aaron Rodgers gave up later in the season and Cam Newton got a shoulder injury then their teams went to crap.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 01-15-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,337
    I think the Eagles and the Cowboys are best set up for the future. The Cowboys will have the cap space to retain Lawrence, Jones, and Cooper. The last few drafts have also been pretty solid so I would expect that to continue even though they donít have a 1st round pick.

    As for the Eagles I know some of us give their fans a hard time about the whole Foles situation but the fact is they have a legit franchise QB in Wentz and as long as heís in Philly (and healthy) they will have a shot at the division title and post season success. Heís still 2 years away from them having to give him franchise money too. I have an idea how they could add an additional premium draft pick but Iíll put that in a separate post.

    The Giants are on the verge of disaster in my option. Eli may eventually get into the HOF but the fact is heís horrible right now. I think they will improve their OL again and they do still have weapons but they have no one ready to take over for Eli. If they donít find that guy this off season it wonít matter how many weapons they have. They NEED an adequate QB.

    The Skins are in a bad situation because of Alex Smith. The cap hit and dead money are too much to cut him this off season. They might just have to roll with Colt for a whole season. The do have a good OL and and a decent defense but have really no weapons. They are really kind of stuck in limbo until they can get out from under Smiths contract.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,337
    Ok now my idea for the Eagles to add another premium pick (1st-3rd) within the next 2 years. Now hear me out before you rip me apart Eagles fans. The team drafted Dallas Geodert this past season and all indications are showing that heís going to be a very good TE. Ertz is a HOF talent still in his prime. Right about the time heíll be due for a new contract which will without a doubt make him the highest paid TE in NFL history, Wentz will also be due to get paid. Geodert however will still be on his rookie deal with 2 years to go.

    In my opinion the Eagles should consider trading Ertz. He would easily fetch a draft pick within the 1st-3rd rounds. If heís traded after the 2019 season his cap hit would drop to $10 mil with only $6 mil in dead money. By then Geodert will have 2 full seasons in the NFL and should a more than adequate replacement for Ertz. The Eagles would add a premium pick to replace some of the age on their team.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    8,758

    NFC East Off-Season Thread

    The eagles still have a window to win

    The cowboys window might just be starting depending on how much you believe in Dak.

    Giants need a QB to take over for Eli or the bottom feeding will continue.

    If Smith makes a full recovery skins can be average



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    11,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I think the Eagles and the Cowboys are best set up for the future. The Cowboys will have the cap space to retain Lawrence, Jones, and Cooper. The last few drafts have also been pretty solid so I would expect that to continue even though they donít have a 1st round pick.

    As for the Eagles I know some of us give their fans a hard time about the whole Foles situation but the fact is they have a legit franchise QB in Wentz and as long as heís in Philly (and healthy) they will have a shot at the division title and post season success. Heís still 2 years away from them having to give him franchise money too. I have an idea how they could add an additional premium draft pick but Iíll put that in a separate post.

    The Giants are on the verge of disaster in my option. Eli may eventually get into the HOF but the fact is heís horrible right now. I think they will improve their OL again and they do still have weapons but they have no one ready to take over for Eli. If they donít find that guy this off season it wonít matter how many weapons they have. They NEED an adequate QB.

    The Skins are in a bad situation because of Alex Smith. The cap hit and dead money are too much to cut him this off season. They might just have to roll with Colt for a whole season. The do have a good OL and and a decent defense but have really no weapons. They are really kind of stuck in limbo until they can get out from under Smiths contract.
    We've discussed this a bunch of times... skins can make the cap room to cut Smith this off-season, if they do they will go into tank mode instead of the "shoot for .500" mode

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •