Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    as for the draft i dont know much about any of these guys but i love that Howie was able to get Dillard at 22 when he believed he was a top 10 talent. Should be able to start somewhere on the line from day 1. Sanders seems to have some shady in him from the highlights i saw, seems like a very solid compliment to howard. Whiteside is huge, we need a big red zone target and he seems to be elite in that area.

I like that TJ Edwards from Wisconsin. I don't think he'll be a special player, but I do believe he can provide us with some value

We got a bookend LT without having to tank nor mortgage our future. That alone is a win for the whole draft. But watching Stoutlands break down of Dillard just makes you amazed at how the hell was this guy even available. His fundamentals are already on par, just needs to clean up some techniques and it's over.

As for the slot, Djax can play in slot too not necessarily only restricted to the outside.

Also that Miller kid is basically Vinny Curry 2.0 like literally his twin. Barnett, BG, Curry, Curry 2.0, Sweat and hopefully Long is a really solid group with plenty of depth.

Apparently JJAW had a better 3 cone speed than someone like Metcalf, meaning the dude is able to create seperation and not just restricted to being a redzone weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Didnít JJ also run a 4.5 40 flat? Thatís fast for a 6-2 220lbs guy

He wonít pop the top of the defense but heís no Devin funchess (who Iíve seen him compared to) either who btw ran a 4.7 40

He has the physical tools and if you really look into it he had mediocre qb play at Stanford

So maybe thereís more there to be tapped. At least heís a size, speed guy with outstanding ball skills

Iíll take that

Pretty happy with the group as a whole. Tbh I forgot Vinny Curry was brought back. Changes my whole perspective

Means the defensive line is even more diverse

I think the eagles have quite the Offensive group.

WR Corp is ridiculous as currently constituted

Wentz couldnít have asked for better

He ran the same 40 time as Alshon and usually I see comparisons and knock them but everything to a T about him does scream Alshon. Alshon isn't a great route runner either but uses his body properly and knows how to seperate.

We also picked up Carsons option next year for 22M. I thought this year was the 5th, which is even better. We don't even have to worry about a Wentz extension until after next off season. I'd let him fully prove himself this year and if he continues next year then work on an extension. This year is wayyy to early.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

at the same time we might be able to get a cheaper deal if we extend him earlier. i think Howie is more than happy to pay him a monster deal though if he stays healthy and has another MVP caliber season.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    With our defensive line totally revamped, Iím honestly totally fine with bradham, Kamu, and Gerry

I liked what Gerry did in spots last season
    I'm fine with those guys playing, but what are they going to do if any of those guys get hurt? It won't be pretty. They need another LB in the mix badly. Especially at MLB.

Is Shane Ray a Free agent? I thought I read that somewhere on NFL.com....why not see if we can sign him....he's young....he may have had some unproductive years with DEN, but a change of scenery and scheme may turn him around.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I'm fine with those guys playing, but what are they going to do if any of those guys get hurt? It won't be pretty. They need another LB in the mix badly. Especially at MLB.
    If the reports are true and someone of Darron Lee's talent is available for a mid round draft pick or someone on the roster that will get less than 50% of the snaps. It certainly makes sense for the Eagles to inquire. Bringing in Lee would help tremendously shore up the LB room and allow the Worrilows and others to offer depth instead of being counted on to be starters. Especially, as said above, we run in to any injury issues

I also read an interesting article this morning that may shed some light, on why we havent moved on a "Zach Brown"....and you may know this but I didnt....apparently after May 7th you can sign veterans to free agent contracts without it affecting your compensatory picks

Given Howie's absolute dedication this off season to not hurting the comp picks we are going to get. This could have played heavily into the strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    I also read an interesting article this morning that may shed some light, on why we havent moved on a "Zach Brown"....and you may know this but I didnt....apparently after May 7th you can sign veterans to free agent contracts without it affecting your compensatory picks

Given Howie's absolute dedication this off season to not hurting the comp picks we are going to get. This could have played heavily into the strategy
    I knew there was a date I just wasnt sure what it was.

I wouldn't expect any signings that would make an impact to the comp picks then within the next week.

No reason to trade for one yet either with the possibility of signing someone without giving up an assets either.

Ouuu nice post and great to know. I guess this time next week we shall see.
    Preston Brown is still near damn elite and would be great to have.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I knoe its unrealistic, but in a perfect world the eagles would bring in Eric Berry on a discount trying to get a ring.

With Berry in the fold it would slide McLeod to the 3rd safety (heavily used) and sendajo to the 4th. That's right there would be championship depth.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I knoe its unrealistic, but in a perfect world the eagles would bring in Eric Berry on a discount trying to get a ring.

With Berry in the fold it would slide McLeod to the 3rd safety (heavily used) and sendajo to the 4th. That's right there would be championship depth.
    I would like that with a side of Zach Brown...I don't understand why he has not been signed yet.......

Probably has a deal already set with a team and is waiting for that deadline to pass.

Also looks like we will be getting that 4th rounder after all because Jags signed 2 of our guys that might cross of that sendejo pickup.

7 picks in first 4 rounds possibly. I hope to god Douglas still stays.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast