Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Yea, I think it's #27? Could be wrong.. But I could see them trading 27 and a 4th. Yea Derek Carr is key. I think he gets a 1st and 3rd so it's basically an even swap, Carr for foles and might even get more for Carr because he's a few years younger than foles. Gruden clearly doesn't like Carr and I could see him making a move to get his QB in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you can squeeze a 1st and 3rd from them and then they get a 1st and 3rd for Carr I think theyíd do it

Still gives them 2 firsts and we get a nice haul having 2 1sts 2 2nds and a 3rd maybe 2 with golden Tate compensation

I think we are going to see a substantial change to this roster in 2019

Here is what I can see happening

For Free Agents, I think its easier to name those that will be back as it will small list IMO

I could see Jordan Matthews, some of the special teams guys (Reynolds, Alexander, Lovato), Sproles if he wants back, and MAYBE....big Maybe....Brandon Graham. Although I believe he will price himself out of consideration for the Eagles...With us drafting Barnett and probably others in this DE heavy draft, that they will let him walk

I see the following get cut

Jason Peters - Too old...too expensive...too injury prone now.... HOF career.... The Bodyguard should retire
    and come to work on coaching staff
    Tim Jernigan - no guaranteed money so can be cut without dead money
    Rodney Mcleod - Some good S in this class. Him coming back from ACL/MCL and $10M too much
    Nelson Agholor - $9M too much for what he brings....Matthews can go back to slot.. he was effective there

There is approx $40M in savings there

Then there is the draft

This is a DL talent rich draft. There will be good players on the D side of the ball available in later rounds this year. Having said that. I think the Eagles go for a Stud beside Cox in first or second round. This would be my guess. These picks are based on us unable to trade Foles for extra picks....that would be a great bonus but I dont want to count on it

1st: DL or OL
    2nd: RB
    2nd: DB or DL
    4th: LB
    4th comp pick: WR
    5th: OL
    6th: DB
    6th comp pick: WR
    6th comp pick: RB
    7th: DL

I dont think we dip into free agency very much other than minor signings.

I think 2019 is going to be about getting healthy, shedding some of the higher priced vets, and getting ready to sign Wentz long term to lead this team for the next 6-8 years

Let me know your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Agreed with this. I think trading down and stock piling picks in that scenario would be the smart play. I don't think #4 is realistically in play though lol

Yep I would even consider trading down with our current pick at #25 "IF" we get a solid return. I know that idea probably isn't that popular but I rather get a few extra picks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post

For Free Agents, I think its easier to name those that will be back as it will small list IMO

I could see Jordan Matthews, some of the special teams guys (Reynolds, Alexander, Lovato), Sproles if he wants back, and MAYBE....big Maybe....Brandon Graham. Although I believe he will price himself out of consideration for the Eagles...With us drafting Barnett and probably others in this DE heavy draft, that they will let him walk

Jason Peters - Too old...too expensive...too injury prone now.... HOF career.... The Bodyguard should retire
    Rodney Mcleod - Some good S in this class. Him coming back from ACL/MCL and $10M too much
    Nelson Agholor - $9M too much for what he brings....Matthews can go back to slot.. he was effective there

Then there is the draft

This is a DL talent rich draft. There will be good players on the D side of the ball available in later rounds this year. Having said that. I think the Eagles go for a Stud beside Cox in first or second round. This would be my guess. These picks are based on us unable to trade Foles for extra picks....that would be a great bonus but I dont want to count on it

I think 2019 is going to be about getting healthy, shedding some of the higher priced vets, and getting ready to sign Wentz long term to lead this team for the next 6-8 years

I actually like all of this. Iím kind of ok with Graham leaving since Barnett is there and like you said a DL heavy draft. Depth with Long would have to be replaced though unless he keeps re-signing.

Iíd actually bring Jernigan back on a restructured deal though. The interior was so much better with him and Cox beasted. We saw how great those two were last year healthy and this year the same. As long as heís cheap.

Iím actually ok the the McLeod loss as well. Maybe you keep Maddox in that spot and just go CB in the draft. The secondary was poopy but it was more CB issue than Safety. Malcolm helps that a lot though. Maybe get a guy you can groom post Malcolm though.

Also like keeping a cheaper J Matt over NA as well. J Matt and Carson have that connection too.

I agree itíll be a big turnover overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

If Jernigan can prove himself healthy and at least 80% of his 2017 self and willing to come at a reasonable price i.e. $5-6M.... then yes, I bring him back...He was great in 2017, but needs to prove he can be great again. A 1 year prove it deal at that money makes sense for both parties.

I wait one more year and what I think will be some healthy Comp picks for 2020 to draft Jenkins replacement. I think we should have comp picks as follows if we dont bring these guys back

Graham - 3rd round
    Foles - 3rd round
    Tate - 3rd/4th round
    Darby - 4th round
    Hicks - 6th round
    Ajayi - 6th round

Idk how anyone could imagine giving up Jernigan heís 26 years old and itís not even a contest of how different our defense was when he was back and healthy

Heís already proven that heís more than 80% and his presence makes this defense

If fletcher cox and Malcolm Jenkins are the most important

Jernigan is a close 3rd. Itís not even a contest. He has to be back, no ifs ands or buts has to be back

No one we draft will be as good as him, and without him this defense couldnít stop anything, with him they suddenly were stopping everyone

Canít lose Jernigan, no way, no how. Cannot cut him, cannot lose him. Heís our 3rd best player on defense. We will be struggling to make the playoffs next year without Jernigan

Would like graham back as well, he and Barnett would be dominant with Jernigan and cox

But if they canít afford it they canít

Also with McLeod, heís 28, got hurt early in the year, Iíd try and restructure if they can. Heíll still be able to play and can still be a great player.

I dont disagree that Jernigan is a great talent. He showed that in 2017. But back issues with DT's are very difficult. He showed he was healthy over a handful of games and limited snaps. Im not suggesting giving up on him. Quite the opposite.... however, he needs a deal that enables him to show that he can be healthy for a season after whatever injury he incurred last offseason.

We cannot afford to invest heavily in ANY player that cant stay on the field, especially with our Cap situation. If we are going to let a guy like Brandon Graham walk who has been healthy for the most part and a beast for us, we cant be giving $ that we could have used to sign him, to a guy who isnt producing because he isnt healthy

Get Jernigan to agree to a one year reasonable deal.... and Im all for it. If he shows he can stay healthy and play 14-16 games with snaps similar to Cox..... and we can re-invest more long term.

But I still think a Stud DT as a backup is a good idea.....think how strong we were when we had that great rotation/ Its a great draft for DL

And btw, if anyone is a close 3rd to Cox and Jenkins......it is Graham... no arguement

I dont disagree that Jernigan is a great talent. He showed that in 2017. But back issues with DT's are very difficult. He showed he was healthy over a handful of games and limited snaps. Im not suggesting giving up on him. Quite the opposite.... however, he needs a deal that enables him to show that he can be healthy for a season after whatever injury he incurred last offseason.

We cannot afford to invest heavily in ANY player that cant stay on the field, especially with our Cap situation. If we are going to let a guy like Brandon Graham walk who has been healthy for the most part and a beast for us, we cant be giving $ that we could have used to sign him, to a guy who isnt producing because he isnt healthy

Get Jernigan to agree to a one year reasonable deal.... and Im all for it. If he shows he can stay healthy and play 14-16 games with snaps similar to Cox..... and we can re-invest more long term.

But I still think a Stud DT as a backup is a good idea.....think how strong we were when we had that great rotation/ Its a great draft for DL

And btw, if anyone is a close 3rd to Cox and Jenkins......it is Graham... no arguement
    I love graham as much as the next guy, and Iíd put him at fourth. But the change in our defensive effectiveness when Jernigan came back vs how they were before makes it a legitimate argument imo

And sure he came back for a handful of games but he was showed health in those games and with a full offseason I have confidence heíll be healthy

Also random tangent but Iíd like to draft jalen hurts next draft as a career backup

I genuinely believe thatís what he is and I genuinely believe heíll go late in the draft

And I think heíll be best suited for that. With his legs and heís very safe with the football I think heíd be a perfect backup for wentz

But thatís down the line. I woulda drafted him this year for that tbh if he was coming out

Then there is the draft

I thought we picked up Nelly's 5th year option? Geez, it's been 5 years already lol.

"I wanna throw it 70 yards to Desean... Give the people what they want."

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    I thought we picked up Nelly's 5th year option? Geez, it's been 5 years already lol.
    Yeah wow. It seems just like yesterday when he was drafted and pretty much everyone here was yelling for breshad perriman instead. LOL.

Well, to be fair, Nelly didn't actually show up until last year.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    .603AVG/.621BP/1.017SLG/1.638OPS/19RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)

I thought Jerningan signed a four year deal, I would like to keep him.

I also like the idea of maddox at safety and cutting McCleod.

Regarding the draft I agree that it should be OL,RB, DL and CB.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Tbh I think cutting McLeod would be a mistake, heís 28, you can restructure him, and heís a really good safety, pro bowl caliber guy whoís smart and our defense hurt with him out

I think Maddox is a corner, and having him start with a legitimate pass rush probably has us be better

McLeod got hurt early and I expect him back healthy. I think having two smart guys in the backend who communicate and are hard to fool is very important

Iím more about keeping McLeod than graham, because keeping McLeod means you have Maddox at corner which takes care of 2 positions

Just restructure him and Jernigan. Having them both back healthy makes a world of difference. And allows our draft to not be about filling new holes but about filling the old ones. Itís like if you get rid of graham and Bennett now suddenly you have a gaping hole at DE, so now you have to find an impact guy. And the draft is always up in the air. Brandon graham is 30 and DEs usually are effective until around 34-35 so I have no problem bring him back at the right price.

Iíd personally like to give it another swing with this defensive line by having Jernigan and Barnett both healthy

Having all those guys will make the defense dominant again, Iím in favor of bringing in more guys there whether on the edge or inside but Iíd like the core guys there

Also I donít want to create more holes because the offensive line is in absolute shambles, we have no running game to speak of and our CBs were practice squad guys. Sure I like Leblanc and Maddox but you canít trust Sidney Jones at all and Darby is gone, and mills who knows

Last thing we need to do is create more holes and then weíll be unable to fill other holes because of it. So our defense or offense suffers

And with wentz being oft-injured I really donít want an offensive line thatís questionable

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    I thought Jerningan signed a four year deal, I would like to keep him.

I also like the idea of maddox at safety and cutting McCleod.

Regarding the draft I agree that it should be OL,RB, DL and CB.
    I believe Jernigan is signed for 2 or 3 more years, but at the $13M cap hit, and the unknown with his injury, I believe that the Eagles will be looking to restructure with little guaranteed money, or cut him entirely....Obviously I am in favor of the former

Im not sure I like the idea of moving Maddox from CB. I think he has great instincts and quickness. I would like to keep McCleod but not at $10M....and I am always weary of speed when a player tears the ACL/MCL.... you just dont know if they will be the same. Drafting a safety that Jenkins can mold is a good idea, and this draft has some good ones

I still believe that if we could get a Stud DT from a great draft, to pair with Cox and Jernigan, along with Barnett, Bennett, Sweat and bring back Long if you can.... Our Dline, could be as dominant as 2017.....perhaps even more so

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast