Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I didn’t have a chance to say earlier but I absolutely love the eagles draft this year. This was actually one of my favorite eagles draft classes in a long time.

*Andre Dillard in my opinion is drafted into the PERFECT situation. The kids got a ton of talent but he’s also now got one of the best tackles of all time to coach him up for at least a year not to mention also one of the best offensive line coaches to critique him.

* I’ve mentioned this before but I personally don’t like taking running backs in the first round because out of all the positions in the NFL, the RB position is more dependent on good teammates than any other position. That being said, I’d say a good spot to start looking RB is mid to late 2nd which is exactly where the eagles picked miles sanders. I think sanders is a damn good fit with the team, he can basically do the things that Jordan Howard can’t do which is be effective in the screen game and run routes to give wentz another passing option.

*JJ arcega whiteside is a pick similar to the Andre Dillard pick in that for now he will probably sit back and watch mostly at first (unless a trade or injury occurs) but he can learn from one of the better physical wide receivers in the game in Alshon Jeffery. Red zone offense is gonna be fun as hell to watch, ertz goedert Jeffery and arcega whiteside and Howard/sanders. You can’t plug the middle to defend the run because if it’s a pass, good luck defending that and if they play the pass, Howard can run it down their throats or sanders can run a quick underneath route and create just enough space to get the yards. So many options but if all goes to plan this could be the best red zone offense in the nfl this year and possibly top 3 for the foreseeable future.
    I wasnt in love with what they did day 3. In such a good defensive draft to come away with just Miller is...disappointing. and Thorson? We'll see. Can't argue with what they did on the 1st two days though. Got some really good players that probably should have been off the board sooner.

I think we may run into the (good) issue of Dillard getting some PT sooner rather than later. We know JP is good to get hurt.

The return... 2018-19... playoffs!?!?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I wasnt in love with what they did day 3. In such a good defensive draft to come away with just Miller is...disappointing. and Thorson? We'll see. Can't argue with what they did on the 1st two days though. Got some really good players that probably should have been off the board sooner.
    I agree, I wasn’t really in love with their day 3 picks but for me those first 3 picks were excellent. Are they gonna be stars? Maybe, maybe not. But I think all 3 of those guys have a very good chance to be high impact players for the eagles future.

It’s interesting really, leading up to the draft a few years ago howie roseman said that the running back class was “historic” and didn’t take a running back till round 4 (donnell pumphrey). Same with this year, he said this was a “historic” defensive line draft and didn’t draft defensive line till round 4 (shareef Miller). But really, if you go back and look, those positions came off the board pretty fast. There was 10 DL picks before the eagles pick at #22 iirc and 13 overall defensive line players in the first round. I think the eagles just simply stuck to their draft board and the guys that they really liked at DL were already picked and/or were ranked below the picks that they made of Dillard, sanders, and arcega whiteside. The draft goes that way sometimes but I really think because there was a huge run off on defensive line players, it pushed Dillard (who eagles had as a top 10 player) miles sanders (who the eagles love as a prospect) and arcega whiteside (who is a mini alshon jeffery clone) down the draft board for the eagles to gobble up.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    I think we may run into the (good) issue of Dillard getting some PT sooner rather than later. We know JP is good to get hurt.
    And Pederson said “we may see Jason Peters move inside to guard” but that was also before the eagles brought back wisniewski so they might not be considering that as much unless another injury occurs.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Hoping he (Peters) slides in to guard, day 1.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Hoping he (Peters) slides in to guard, day 1.
    That’s what I hope as well but unfortunately I don’t think it happens now that wiz is back

Your baby can't do this

Roseman needs to make one more magic and sign Gerald McCoy to a 1 year deal.

DT: Cox, Jackson, Jernigan, AND McCoy.

That foursome will wreck havoc in the backfield all day. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post

That cap space is better served for Carson and rolling over to future years imo.

The NFL isnt like other capped sports. You dont need to use all your space.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    That cap space is better served for Carson and rolling over to future years imo.

The NFL isnt like other capped sports. You dont need to use all your space.
    That cap space will probably be used to extend Malcolm Jenkins

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    That cap space will probably be used to extend Malcolm Jenkins
    This is also a more valuable use of resources imo.

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758