Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Cuz the other two teams are rather poop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giants yes. Redskins? Probably a 6 win team. They have a pretty good defense and really good offensive line though, so I could see them being in a lot of close games. They don't know who their QB is gonna be week 1 and they really don't have anyone worthwhile to throw the ball to, but they have the foundation for a competitive team at least.

Dallas ain't even a worry, they ain't ****. They'll fall back to the mediocre team they are. Skins actually might be scarier. Y'all are underestimating the redskins. They've legit had 2 really good drafts and already had a near elite defense. If that QB can give them consistency then they'll be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    While we're on a roll.

Howie. The only serious need I see still is interior oline.

Ideally a guard/center combo guy who has experience starting in the league.

Maybe someone like Wizneiwski?

Thanks Howie. I'm sure you'll figure this out.
    Aaanndd did you nailed it; Wiz is back. Lol

Thanks Howie. I know I don't have to say it, but find out what Chancellor would cost on a 1 year.

Assuming it's out of the realm of realistic, go ahead and ink that extension now. Structure similarly to the Kaepernick deal to help protect the team, or just get him at a lower number. Whatever you decide, do it before Dak.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Thanks Howie. I know I don't have to say it, but find out what Chancellor would cost on a 1 year.

Assuming it's out of the realm of realistic, go ahead and ink that extension now. Structure similarly to the Kaepernick deal to help protect the team, or just get him at a lower number. Whatever you decide, do it before Dak.
    Thought Kam is about to retire? Either way if Howie reads this forum thank you lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Probably has a deal already set with a team and is waiting for that deadline to pass.

Also looks like we will be getting that 4th rounder after all because Jags signed 2 of our guys that might cross of that sendejo pickup.

7 picks in first 4 rounds possibly. I hope to god Douglas still stays.
    Again for the second time the Eagles already hired his replacement.

Derron Lee traded to the Chiefs for a 6th rounder. Wow I was hoping the Eagles would be in on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Derron Lee traded to the Chiefs for a 6th rounder. Wow I was hoping the Eagles would be in on that.
    I'd rather give up zero assets for zach brown

I didnít have a chance to say earlier but I absolutely love the eagles draft this year. This was actually one of my favorite eagles draft classes in a long time.

*Andre Dillard in my opinion is drafted into the PERFECT situation. The kids got a ton of talent but heís also now got one of the best tackles of all time to coach him up for at least a year not to mention also one of the best offensive line coaches to critique him.

* Iíve mentioned this before but I personally donít like taking running backs in the first round because out of all the positions in the NFL, the RB position is more dependent on good teammates than any other position. That being said, Iíd say a good spot to start looking RB is mid to late 2nd which is exactly where the eagles picked miles sanders. I think sanders is a damn good fit with the team, he can basically do the things that Jordan Howard canít do which is be effective in the screen game and run routes to give wentz another passing option.

*JJ arcega whiteside is a pick similar to the Andre Dillard pick in that for now he will probably sit back and watch mostly at first (unless a trade or injury occurs) but he can learn from one of the better physical wide receivers in the game in Alshon Jeffery. Red zone offense is gonna be fun as hell to watch, ertz goedert Jeffery and arcega whiteside and Howard/sanders. You canít plug the middle to defend the run because if itís a pass, good luck defending that and if they play the pass, Howard can run it down their throats or sanders can run a quick underneath route and create just enough space to get the yards. So many options but if all goes to plan this could be the best red zone offense in the nfl this year and possibly top 3 for the foreseeable future.

Your baby can't do this

On paper (which doesnít always equal on field production) this team looks like it can rival the 2017 eagles team. The only glaring position that this years team is lacking compared to that one in my opinion, is quarterback. I love Carson wentz, but letís be real he does have quite the injury history getting hurt every year going back to college. If wentz gets hurt again I think this team will struggle on offense because they donít have a nick foles to come in and take over. But, if wentz stays on the field then I think this team could really make a nice run this year.

Your baby can't do this

I think we are better on paper than 2017

Truth is while there we obviously injuries in 2017 the eagles were actually pretty healthy in reality. Lost sproles and peters which were losses, and eventually wentz (which was late in the year and foles got magical)

But overall the defense was almost entirely healthy and the offense was as well considering we had a starting qb as the backup

But in 2018 Iíd argue we were more talented as well than 2017. But injuries were everywhere

Offensive line almost everywhere at some point, wentz coming off the knee, mike Wallace, Alston was gone for a bit and hurt all year, almost every runningback, the defense was decimated at times especially CB, lost one of our best players period in Barnett on defense

So itís really about health, can they be healthy? And we need wentz healthy more than ever without foles here

But the defensive line is better than its ever been, LB Corp is as well, with Zach brown, hill and bradham behind this line Iím not sure that front 7 healthy can be run on

And the WR and RB blow 2017 out of the water

Jeffery, Jackson, white, agholor, goedert and Ertz

Thatís insane

Howard, sanders alone is a massive upgrade

Where we are weaker is interior offensive line with one of our best guys out. He says heíll return this season, aiming early as well. Offensive lineman have solid track records with Achilles in comparison to other positions, so maybe it irons itself out

But if this team actually stays healthy itís one of the more talented rosters in football, Iíd say itís in the top 3. And Iíd put this coaching staff in the same echelon

So itís ALL about health

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I think we are better on paper than 2017

Truth is while there we obviously injuries in 2017 the eagles were actually pretty healthy in reality. Lost sproles and peters which were losses, and eventually wentz (which was late in the year and foles got magical)

But overall the defense was almost entirely healthy and the offense was as well considering we had a starting qb as the backup

But in 2018 Iíd argue we were more talented as well than 2017. But injuries were everywhere

Offensive line almost everywhere at some point, wentz coming off the knee, mike Wallace, Alston was gone for a bit and hurt all year, almost every runningback, the defense was decimated at times especially CB, lost one of our best players period in Barnett on defense

So itís really about health, can they be healthy? And we need wentz healthy more than ever without foles here

But the defensive line is better than its ever been, LB Corp is as well, with Zach brown, hill and bradham behind this line Iím not sure that front 7 healthy can be run on

And the WR and RB blow 2017 out of the water

Jeffery, Jackson, white, agholor, goedert and Ertz

Thatís insane

Howard, sanders alone is a massive upgrade

Where we are weaker is interior offensive line with one of our best guys out. He says heíll return this season, aiming early as well. Offensive lineman have solid track records with Achilles in comparison to other positions, so maybe it irons itself out

But if this team actually stays healthy itís one of the more talented rosters in football, Iíd say itís in the top 3. And Iíd put this coaching staff in the same echelon

So itís ALL about health
    Agreed. Itís all about health. Bringing wiz back will help with the interior o-line but yea itís probably gonna be the biggest weakness on the team until brooks comes back. That front 7 is nasty though.. man.. I canít believe timmy Jernigan is gonna be the primary backup DT. And as good as hicks was, brown is better, especially with run defense. With as much pressure that front 7 is gonna bring, I really think the secondary needs to just be average to just above average for this defense to be great.

Your baby can't do this

Sidney Jones could be the catalyst in the secondary. He is a full 2 years removed from the Achilles injury. He needs to be the player they thought they were getting.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Did anyone see a picture of a bulked up Rasul Douglas? He dedicated himself in the off season and hopefully that will translate on the field. My hope is that Douglas and Jones starts on the outside and Maddox in the slot. Darby is still recovering from his injury and I'm just not sold on Mills.

Chris Long thank you for helping us win a Super Bowl. You are a great player on the field and even a better person off the field for all your humanitarian work. Have a good life.

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast