Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I loved when we drafted Goedert last year. I told a friend of mine then that he will be better then Ertz. I think he will make a BIG jump in year two.
    With the additions of DJax, JJAW, Howard, and Sanders, along with Ertz and Goedart, plus a VERY good line, this SHOULD be an amazing offense.
    I couldn't say that last year.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    With the additions of DJax, JJAW, Howard, and Sanders, along with Ertz and Goedart, plus a VERY good line, this SHOULD be an amazing offense.
    I couldn't say that last year.
    I'm glad that you are finally admitting that the eagles don't need to draft a wide receiver with their first pick.

Your baby can't do this

Philadelphia Eagles 2019 Off-Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I loved when we drafted Goedert last year. I told a friend of mine then that he will be better then Ertz. I think he will make a BIG jump in year two.
    That's what I said too, I actually said that same thing here on PSD. I wanted the eagles to employ more 12 personnel last season specifically because of goedert and look now, this offseason they are clearly implementing more 12 personnel.

I absolutely love ertz so this isn't a knock on him, but I think goedert could have a higher ceiling than ertz. Unlike ertz, goedert is a much more physical player and is hard to bring down, is a great blocker, is faster, has a bigger wingspan and catch radius, and bigger hands. So he's a more complete tight end than ertz. The areas that I think ertz is better than goedert is his route running and catching ability (though goedert does have great hands as well).

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I'm glad that you are finally admitting that the eagles don't need to draft a wide receiver with their first pick.
    They MAY have to replace 32 year old DJax.
    It would be nice not to have to complain about the wide receiver position - after 2 years.
    Things may change but SO FAR, next year's offseason should be about defense.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    What crow?

Most of us said the eagles should draft offensive and defensive line in the first round

What did they do? Offensive tackle

You said WR 1st round

Your bowl of crow has to have gotten cold by now considering you refused to eat it
    He actually said a WR with both the first two picks.

I also donít think anyone was against taking a WR. Last year was the year we didnít think it was needed. With the ages of Jackson, Jeffery, and NA being a FA, this upcoming draft should have a WR target.

JJ does seem like he can alleviate a lot of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott has turned down a $30 million per year offer from Dallas as he seeks a contract worth $40 million per year, according to a report from NFL Networkís Jane Slater.

For those not aware, $40 million per year would make Prescott the NFLíS HIGHEST PAID QUARTERBACK IN TERMS OF ANNUAL VALUE. Russell Wilson currently ranks No. 1 overall at $35 million per year. Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz is fourth at $32 million per value

Slater followed up her report by noting that Prescottís annual value will likely come in closer around $34 to $35 million instead of that $40 million figure.

But you know what?

Dak deserves it!

Heís clutch. He wins big games. Look no further than that time he helped the Cowboys win the Super Bowl in February 2018. Hereís a picture of him celebrating after the game:

NFL: Super Bowl LII-Philadelphia Eagles vs New England Patriots
    Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports
    The haters will point out that Prescott doesnít actually drive the Cowboysí success. Theyíll say itís Ezekiel Elliott instead. Thatís dumb, though, because Dallas clearly passes the ball more than they run. Just look at how theyíve ranked in passing play percentage since Prescott became the starter:

2016 ó 32nd

2017 ó 30th

2018 ó 23rd

The losers will also pretend that Wentz is the better quarterback when itís actually Prescott:

IgglesNest
    @IgglesNest
    Tell your friends to continue beating this dead horse because apparently there are some Dak truthers out there.

View image on Twitter
    4:28 PM - May 9, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    25 people are talking about this
    If Iím the Eagles, Iíd be terrified of the Cowboys paying Prescott and keeping him in the division for years to come. The reality is that $40 million is an underpay for Dak. The Cowboys should be giving him at least $50 million per year.
    bgn, I just copy pasted everything

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    bgn, I just copy pasted everything

Your baby can't do this

2nd day in a row Andre Dillard got into a fight.. I remember one of the things scouts were saying about him is "he's very gifted but he's also too nice". He's fighting everyone! He's definitely getting a little mean streak here in the NFL.

Your baby can't do this

It's sad that football players are now being treated like dolls.
    No Wentz or Foles tonight - along with all of the other players not playing because of so-called injuries.

It's sad that football players are now being treated like dolls.
    No Wentz or Foles tonight - along with all of the other players not playing because of so-called injuries.
    Iíd rather Wentz not play until games actually count. But by all means, be upset that you donít get to see Wentz play with back ups in meaningless games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

yea dont care who plays in pre-season. I do want to see Wentz and most starters take the first half next game and then call it a pre-season.

Philadelphia Eagles 2019 Off-Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Iíd rather Wentz not play until games actually count. But by all means, be upset that you donít get to see Wentz play with back ups in meaningless games.

Yep. Heís getting mental reps and is full go in practices. Itís not like heís not playing, he just isnít playing against other teams right now. Next week he will be practicing all week long against the ravens. That should be good enough to get a little extra competition in there, fans donít have to watch him have actual game action.
    Last edited by jaydubb; 08-15-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Yep. Heís getting mental reps and is full go in practices. Itís not like heís not playing, he just isnít playing against other teams right now. Next week he will be practicing all week long against the ravens. That should be good enough to get a little extra competition in there, fans donít have to watch him have actual game action.
    I do.

I do.
    So you want Wentz to play behind a make shift preseason OL? Really?

Wentz our of the tunnel in full pads and helmet...