Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2019 ATP/WTA Season

Tennys Sandgren (Auckland), Sonia Kenin (Hobart), and Alex De Minaur (Sydney) all won the first titles of their careers yesterday. Australian Open main draw play begins tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Tennys Sandgren (Auckland), Sonia Kenin (Hobart), and Alex De Minaur (Sydney) all won the first titles of their careers yesterday. Australian Open main draw play begins tomorrow night.
    Nice I love both Tennis and De Minaur. I think De Minaur is the most entertaining young player I've seen in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Nice I love both Tennis and De Minaur. I think De Minaur is the most entertaining young player I've seen in a while
    His defense is already among the best in the game. The kid just never gives up on a ball. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in heart and hustle. As he gets more TV exposure he’s going to become a global fan favorite. His match with Cilic at the US Open was easily the best men’s match of the tournament. He won a lot of US fans for that effort.

Is it weird I feel bad for Murray? I don't really like him, never have, and yet I'm sitting here almost sad that he's hanging it up

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Is it weird I feel bad for Murray? I don't really like him, never have, and yet I'm sitting here almost sad that he's hanging it up
    No. Even if you weren't a fan guy clearly worked hard, played hard, and was gifted. Its sad when that gets taken away early

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The entire women’s tour has got to be worried about Naomi Osaka. She won the Australian without ever playing her best tennis. She’s still growing her game and maturing as a player and has already collected two slams. It won’t be long before we’re discussing whether or not she’s the best player in the women’s game.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I grew to really like Andy. Nobody in the game worked harder. He was an honest competitor and wore his emotions transparently, which made for some great TV over the years. He really should have done more. Three slams is such a modest total for a player of his talent. He had the hip surgery that Bob Bryan just had in a last ditch effort to extend his career. He’ll never be the same player, but I do hope he is able to return to at least walk away on his own terms.

Really? French Open futures have Halep, Williams ahead of Osaka. Halep defeated her last May. Sloane Stephens is in the mix, too.

She's way head in the standings, would want to see her in semi-final/final action against another top competitor to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ZackBlack View Post
    Really? French Open futures have Halep, Williams ahead of Osaka. Halep defeated her last May. Sloane Stephens is in the mix, too.

She's way head in the standings, would want to see her in semi-final/final action against another top competitor to be sure.
    The French Open is the one slam that I don’t feel confident in Osaka winning. Right now, I think you have to call her the favorite to win Wimbledon, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Right now, I think you have to call her the favorite to win Wimbledon, though.
    I largely agree. She had a tough match against Kerber last year (round of 32, I think). But she's better for it and should be a top contender in July.