Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vertiago

Vertigo

Ok PSD is where a go for news and medical advice. I just got prescribed Mecliizine for vertigo. I had my first spell last Thursday. I get them when I transition. Laying down to standing like. Any advice/experience. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 01-12-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

You mean vertigo?

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You mean vertigo?
    Yeah sorry about that

I have random bouts of vertigo. It's crazy, I only now just realized I haven't had it happen to me lately, at least 6 months. But in 2017 I was having about 3 a month.

I have tinnitus every day.

Dang, how many you had since Thursday?

You feel generally dizzy or specifically vertigo?
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    I have random bouts of vertigo. It's crazy, I only now just realized I haven't had it happen to me lately, at least 6 months. But in 2017 I was having about 3 a month.

I have tinnitus every day.
    I only get it when I transition but it has happened pretty often. For example if i were try and lay on the floor and then transition to standing I would probably get a huge head rush and feel like i was going to pass out. So its not random at all but has definitely effected me more then 3 times in the past week

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Dang, how many you had since Thursday?

You feel generally dizzy or specifically vertigo?
    IDK, its happened quite a few times. I don't know the difference b/t getting dizzy and vertigo. i thought vertigo was something that could happen for a number of reasons including vertigo.

I've been to 2 doctors. The latest uses some big word followed by vertigo that apparently means you get the spells when you try to transition. Both gave me a bunch of tests and have me convinced I am not dying so I am just going to go back to my normal routine and probably pass out in the gym or on my floor excising. Other then the spell i feel totally healthy. Before the latest pill i had a round of steroids that should have eliminated fluid as a cause.

Transitioning slower maybe?

I got ‘diagnosed’ years ago with it. Worked in the ER and got up from a chair and felt I was going to pass out (I had a nasal infection at the time) and the doc said I had some sort of vertigo. I usually only have issues with it when I have sinus issues (which is a good amount of times with me throughout the year) but usually sinus related. I guess it’s not a long term diagnosis that way/more a temp one with the primary issue being the main cause as without it I wouldn’t have vertigo.

Drinking plenty of fluids is always the best too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Transitioning slower maybe?

I got ‘diagnosed’ years ago with it. Worked in the ER and got up from a chair and felt I was going to pass out (I had a nasal infection at the time) and the doc said I had some sort of vertigo. I usually only have issues with it when I have sinus issues (which is a good amount of times with me throughout the year) but usually sinus related. I guess it’s not a long term diagnosis that way/more a temp one with the primary issue being the main cause as without it I wouldn’t have vertigo.

Drinking plenty of fluids is always the best too.

Thanks man. This is what I’m hoping for and what it sounds like. I do get allergies a little in the winter too so I have some mucus this time of year. I’m testing the waters now. Just did some good cardio with no issue. I tried stretching on the floor and got a small one but I think I’ll live. Just hope it goes away or I can find a way to minimize it

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I only get it when I transition but it has happened pretty often. For example if i were try and lay on the floor and then transition to standing I would probably get a huge head rush and feel like i was going to pass out. So its not random at all but has definitely effected me more then 3 times in the past week
    Mine was from sitting and laying to standing, I'd take a few steps and get hit with a brick. Loss of center and my vision and hearing go haywire, I kinda just have to grab the nearest thing and wait it out.

IDK, its happened quite a few times. I don't know the difference b/t getting dizzy and vertigo. i thought vertigo was something that could happen for a number of reasons including vertigo.

I've been to 2 doctors. The latest uses some big word followed by vertigo that apparently means you get the spells when you try to transition. Both gave me a bunch of tests and have me convinced I am not dying so I am just going to go back to my normal routine and probably pass out in the gym or on my floor excising. Other then the spell i feel totally healthy. Before the latest pill i had a round of steroids that should have eliminated fluid as a cause.
    The hallmark sign of vertigo is that it feels like you are standing still while everything around you is spinning. Usually when people drink too much and lie down they experience vertigo, not dizziness. If that description helps any..

Vertigo usually indicates something going on with your inner ear, and so balance is affected, because that's where our balance center lies. We have these tiny hairs in our inner ear in fluid filled chambers, the manner in which we move affects fluid flow, which in turn affects the hairs. which in turn affects our perception of balance.

The reason I ask is because dizziness upon standing is common, usually the result of something called postural hypotension. As you change posture, you experience a sudden hypotensive episode, meaning your blood pressure momentarily drops. And really, we can think of it as blood flow to the brain dropping, thus the dizzy spell. Although it's not expected in someone relatively young and active like you, it is quite common. If you ever get swelling of the feet this could also indicate postural hypotension. I'm not familiar with what you mentioned about steroids eliminating fluid as a cause, but perhaps this was done to test for postural hypotension, and so maybe it's now eliminated as a cause.

Sry, I know that didn't answer anything, but just sharing what I know about this stuff.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    the hallmark sign of vertigo is that it feels like you are standing still while everything around you is spinning. Usually when people drink too much and lie down they experience vertigo, not dizziness. If that description helps any..

Vertigo usually indicates something going on with your inner ear, and so balance is affected, because that's where our balance center lies. We have these tiny hairs in our inner ear in fluid filled chambers, the manner in which we move affects fluid flow, which in turn affects the hairs. Which in turn affects our perception of balance.

The reason i ask is because dizziness upon standing is common, usually the result of something called postural hypotension. As you change posture, you experience a sudden hypotensive episode, meaning your blood pressure momentarily drops. And really, we can think of it as blood flow to the brain dropping, thus the dizzy spell. Although it's not expected in someone relatively young and active like you, it is quite common. If you ever get swelling of the feet this could also indicate postural hypotension. I'm not familiar with what you mentioned about steroids eliminating fluid as a cause, but perhaps this was done to test for postural hypotension, and so maybe it's now eliminated as a cause.

Sry, i know that didn't answer anything, but just sharing what i know about this stuff.

Thanks Nasty. The more you know! The way I described it they did not think it was the blood pressure one. Although, i do always have low pressure. Normal for me is like 100 over 70. I get a big head rush (kind of like taking a whip it) and then it feel like everything is spinning at 100 miles an hour though my vision is totally fine. I just breath through it and take a 30 seconds or a mins and I get my balance back. Getting up from the floor is when it always happens. I have to stop on one knee and let it pass.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Thanks Nasty. The more you know! The way I described it they did not think it was the blood pressure one. Although, i do always have low pressure. Normal for me is like 100 over 70. I get a big head rush (kind of like taking a whip it) and then it feel like everything is spinning at 100 miles an hour though my vision is totally fine. I just breath through it and take a 30 seconds or a mins and I get my balance back. Getting up from the floor is when it always happens. I have to stop on one knee and let it pass.
    One of the simple things you can try is to really squeeze your quads and glutes. I know it sounds funny but there is some belief that the orthostatic hypotension can be caused by blood settling in the lower body and when you stand, it takes a little while to regulate. Contracting those muscles can push the blood into the upper body.

Depending on the root cause, acupuncture can do wonders for it.

Mush

This is the interview when he said the Yankees will sign both Harper and Machado. Then one sentence later, said they wouldn't sign either. It explains the confused look.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    One of the simple things you can try is to really squeeze your quads and glutes. I know it sounds funny but there is some belief that the orthostatic hypotension can be caused by blood settling in the lower body and when you stand, it takes a little while to regulate. Contracting those muscles can push the blood into the upper body.

Depending on the root cause, acupuncture can do wonders for it.
    Thanks Kinko I was hoping you would respond. I know you are into alternative treatments

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Thanks Kinko I was hoping you would respond. I know you are into alternative treatments
    My pleasure. I hope you can remedy the situation. Vertigo is crappy.
    I would also suggest that if your BP is that low, get your electrolytes checked. You work out a great deal. It may be as simple as that.

Mush

This is the interview when he said the Yankees will sign both Harper and Machado. Then one sentence later, said they wouldn't sign either. It explains the confused look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast