Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I'll be the devil's advocate here. Ed Reed - fantastic player, generational level no doubt. First ballot HOF, etc, etc.

He had one season as an assistant DB coach and was not retained, nor hired again after that regime was canned. Why are we so sure he'll be a great coach exactly?

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I'll be the devil's advocate here. Ed Reed - fantastic player, generational level no doubt. First ballot HOF, etc, etc.

He had one season as an assistant DB coach and was not retained, nor hired again after that regime was canned. Why are we so sure he'll be a great coach exactly?
    Idk id anyone thinks they will be good. But would love to have HOF players in the ears of our young guys.

Give him a BS tittle like the assistant to the secondary coach.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

And a big no THANK YOU on Ray Ray.

The dude is annoying and speaks like a moron. Even teammates of his questioned his speeches. They never made sense.

Also, I'd rather have a woman beater playing than a murderer coaching on this Bears team.

Very pleased with the Pagano hire.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post

Fair query.

Let me assert that I am not in any sense sure that Ed Reed will/would make for a great coach. I certainly don't think he's ready to jump into a DC role or anything like that.

A not insignificant part of my personal want comes from being a nearly two decade fan of Miami, wherein he was not only part of, but arguably the single largest part of, the team that first sparked my interest in college football as a 12 year old.

On top of that - if he were to take a role like DB's coach, it's hard to imagine him having any non-positive impact. He is the most invested, meticulous, relentlessly hard working player of his era. He's been publicly identified by Bill Belichick as the best and most difficult to account for defender of his entire coaching career. That's Bill Belichick. Bill Belichick coached Lawrence Taylor.

It's true to a degree that you can't necessarily coach instincts and nobody on the planet has instincts like Ed Reed. But you can coach everything else. You can coach effort, you can coach preparedness, you can coach relentlessness. And that's before even diving into the X's and O's of playing the DB positions, of which Reed has nearly limitless insight.

So in summation.....big Ed Reed guy. Real big. Want him here. A whole lot.

And yes Ray Lewis, also a Miami guy, kind of an idiot, probably a murderer - no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Fair query.

Let me assert that I am not in any sense sure that Ed Reed will/would make for a great coach. I certainly don't think he's ready to jump into a DC role or anything like that.

A not insignificant part of my personal want comes from being a nearly two decade fan of Miami, wherein he was not only part of, but arguably the single largest part of, the team that first sparked my interest in college football as a 12 year old.

On top of that - if he were to take a role like DB's coach, it's hard to imagine him having any non-positive impact. He is the most invested, meticulous, relentlessly hard working player of his era. He's been publicly identified by Bill Belichick as the best and most difficult to account for defender of his entire coaching career. That's Bill Belichick. Bill Belichick coached Lawrence Taylor.

It's true to a degree that you can't necessarily coach instincts and nobody on the planet has instincts like Ed Reed. But you can coach everything else. You can coach effort, you can coach preparedness, you can coach relentlessness. And that's before even diving into the X's and O's of playing the DB positions, of which Reed has nearly limitless insight.

I personally think Eddie Jackson has similar instincts and I think Reed could really help him take another step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Fair query.

Thatís fair. Donít get me wrong, it would be an intriguing hire but Iím always a believe it when I see it guy when it comes to these things.

Welp, Donatell's gone... not surprising, but it's probably going to be an entirely new defensive staff.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Welp, Donatell's gone... not surprising, but it's probably going to be an entirely new defensive staff.
    Yep. Kinda sad. Not that this group shouldn't be great with anyone, but it would be nice to have consistency. Hopefully Pagano works out and he can be our DC for the rest of this defense's peak.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345