Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Overall, I'm not too concerned. Regardless of who we hired, the defense is so talented, it would be pretty hard to screw things up.

Obviously you don't gotta worry about Mack or Hicks, I guess it's the guys who took their big steps up that you have to worry about. Fuller, Jackson, Goldman, etc. Gotta wonder how much regression will be due for players like that. God I'm nervous.
    You went from you're not too concerned to God I'm nervous lol.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Roster Comparisons of the 2011

DL

Terrence Cody vs Eddie Goldman
    Haloti Ngata vs Akiem Hicks
    Corey Redding vs Bilal Nichols

LBs

Terrell Suggs vs Khalil Mack
    Ray Lewis vs Roquan Smith
    Jameel McClain vs Danny Trevathan
    Jarret Johnson vs Leonard Floyd

Secondary

Ladarius Webb vs Kyle Fuller
    Cary Williams vs Prince Amakamura
    Jimmy Smith vs Bryce Callahan
    Bernard Pollard vs Adrian Amos
    Ed Reed vs Eddie Jackson

Bears are Actually pretty well matched to what the Ravens in 2011 were. Eddie Jackson and Khalil mack really match up well to their top 2 (and are a ton younger) . Hicks and Ngata are close. Ray Lewis (proven) probably gives them a slight edge but Roquan should be able to develop into quite a player himself. (maybe not ray lewis but still good). Should be able to make Pagano feel comforable with the idea of playing similar to how the 2011 ravens played.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Roster Comparisons of the 2011

DL

Terrence Cody vs Eddie Goldman
    Haloti Ngata vs Akiem Hicks
    Corey Redding vs Bilal Nichols

LBs

Terrell Suggs vs Khalil Mack
    Ray Lewis vs Roquan Smith
    Jameel McClain vs Danny Trevathan
    Jarret Johnson vs Leonard Floyd

Secondary

Ladarius Webb vs Kyle Fuller
    Cary Williams vs Prince Amakamura
    Jimmy Smith vs Bryce Callahan
    Bernard Pollard vs Adrian Amos
    Ed Reed vs Eddie Jackson

Bears are Actually pretty well matched to what the Ravens in 2011 were. Eddie Jackson and Khalil mack really match up well to their top 2 (and are a ton younger) . Hicks and Ngata are close. Ray Lewis (proven) probably gives them a slight edge but Roquan should be able to develop into quite a player himself. (maybe not ray lewis but still good). Should be able to make Pagano feel comforable with the idea of playing similar to how the 2011 ravens played.
    Bears are better overall and younger.

The 1 year he's been a DC at this level was with the Ravens in 2011. They were #1 in defensive DVOA that season. His defenses in Indy sucked when he was a HC, but his GM (Grigson) was arguably the worst in the league too, so there wasn't much talent to work with.

I think he'll do just fine here. Even if they take a step back, the talent level here is too good for them to completely fall apart.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-11-2019 at 11:36 PM.

I would disagree that even DPOY suggs was equal to Mack now.

Mack is just on another level, not unlike Urlacher v Briggs career wise or Lewis v Urlacher

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Further background on Pagano. Coached at Miami from 1995-2000 where he recruited and coached 4 1st rounders. His secondary was the best in the nation in 2000. In 2003 with the Browns his secondary only allowed 13 passing TDs, and 2001 they led the league with INTs. In 2006 with the Raiders his defense only allowed 151 passing yards per game which was 1st in the league. After taking over for Mattison as DC he took the Ravens from 21st in the league in passing yards allowed to 4th.

So the guy has a consistent track record of producing elite secondaries everywhere he goes. Now he's coming into an already elite secondary so very pleased. His HC experience is also valuable for Nagy too for both his success and failures.

I'm not too concerned here. I actually prefer his style of defense anyways. Regardless of Vic leading us to a top defense his bend but don't break mindset kind of ****ed us on that last drive IMO.

Hopefully we'll never see Mack drop in coverage again.

Mathis got 19.5 sacks under Pagano as a 32 year old. Canít wait to see whatís in store for Mack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I would disagree that even DPOY suggs was equal to Mack now.

Mack is just on another level, not unlike Urlacher v Briggs career wise or Lewis v Urlacher

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Im trying to not completely homer the whole team. If i rate every player as better it looks a little suspicious lol

-Rem Koolhaas

Does anyone else agree brining back Amos is key. I also want to keep Callahan but feel he is easier to replace however may also be cheeper due to injury. Domt want Chuck having excuses. D should he top 5 and offense should look better with everyone 1 year in.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Does anyone else agree brining back Amos is key. I also want to keep Callahan but feel he is easier to replace however may also be cheeper due to injury. Domt want Chuck having excuses. D should he top 5 and offense should look better with everyone 1 year in.
    Want him back but depends on the price. Bush played decent enough to have some leverage. Amos also did not help himself with how he played in the last game. Would prefer Callahan tbh. Fuller, Amukamara, Callahan, and McManis is a damn good group. I believe we'll have cap space for both tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Want him back but depends on the price. Bush played decent enough to have some leverage. Amos also did not help himself with how he played in the last game. Would prefer Callahan tbh. Fuller, Amukamara, Callahan, and McManis is a damn good group. I believe we'll have cap space for both tbh.
    Amos had a pick. His hit was iffy but i am also not surw how much blame u can gove him on the TD playing 10v11

-Rem Koolhaas

Bush stinks yes to Amos unless itís a clear upgrade

Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-12-2019 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast