Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 93
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23,244

    Bears Hire Chuck Pagano as DC


    2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    34,691
    I trust Nagy and Pace. Have zero clue how Pagano will do, but time will tell.

    Donatell probably goes to Denver now though. Tillman said he'd be interested, we should bring him on board.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    16,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    I trust Nagy and Pace. Have zero clue how Pagano will do, but time will tell.

    Donatell probably goes to Denver now though. Tillman said he'd be interested, we should bring him on board.
    Agreed. Pace hasnt done enough or even close to it during his tenure as GM for me to doubt him. As u say...time will tell. I do like that they brought in a coach the players like playing for and respect

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23,244
    Overall, I'm not too concerned. Regardless of who we hired, the defense is so talented, it would be pretty hard to screw things up.

    Obviously you don't gotta worry about Mack or Hicks, I guess it's the guys who took their big steps up that you have to worry about. Fuller, Jackson, Goldman, etc. Gotta wonder how much regression will be due for players like that. God I'm nervous.

    2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Overall, I'm not too concerned. Regardless of who we hired, the defense is so talented, it would be pretty hard to screw things up.

    Obviously you don't gotta worry about Mack or Hicks, I guess it's the guys who took their big steps up that you have to worry about. Fuller, Jackson, Goldman, etc. Gotta wonder how much regression will be due for players like that. God I'm nervous.

    LOL

    "Overall, I'm not too concerned."


    ...


    "God I'm nervous."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    LOL

    "Overall, I'm not too concerned."


    ...


    "God I'm nervous."
    Lol me stupid. I guess I would say I'm reasonably concerned.

    2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    16,231
    Fwiw...I like this hire.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    12,177
    Pagano lead a top 5 Ravens defense in 2011, which was not as talented as this Bears defense. He might not be Fangio, but we could do worse.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Lol me stupid. I guess I would say I'm reasonably concerned.
    Lol.

    I think this hire may work out well.

    He was Ravens DC and did well. If I recall correctly, he's more aggresive with blitzes....I think that I'll like that.

    Pace stocked that side of the ball with plenty of talent. He'll have plenty to work with.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    16,231
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    Lol.

    I think this hire may work out well.

    He was Ravens DC and did well. If I recall correctly, he's more aggresive with blitzes....I think that I'll like that.

    Pace stocked that side of the ball with plenty of talent. He'll have plenty to work with.
    Agreed.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    I trust Nagy and Pace. Have zero clue how Pagano will do, but time will tell.

    Donatell probably goes to Denver now though. Tillman said he'd be interested, we should bring him on board.

    Tillman wants to come back? I thought he's an FBI agent now.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    44,291

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    44,291

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    24,204
    Bowles would have made me Hapier. Maybe if vic got hired sooner he would have had a chance to change his mind. But Pagano does not seem bad. He ran a great unit in Baltimore. His defense in Indy sucked but i am not sure it is fully on him though.

    Looking at his timeframe in Indy

    Drafts 1st and 2nd round picks

    12 Luck and Fleener
    13 Werner (24)
    14 Mewhort
    15 Dorsett
    16 Kelly and TJ Green (57)
    17 Malik Hooker(15) and Quincy Wilson (46)

    Thats just not enough tallent infused into a defense he came to repair.

    In chicago the lack of tallent is not an issue.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    24,204
    Rank of Defense when DC in Baltimore

    Total D

    Yards 3rd
    Points 3rd
    Takaways 13th

    Rush

    Attempts 13th
    Yards 2nd
    TDs 6th
    Y/A 2nd

    Passing

    Atempts 15th
    Yards 4th
    TDs 1st
    Y/A 3rd


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •