Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Just to play devils advocate, the nfl is a far different game today than it was in 2011

I didnít realize until now that Chucky only had 1 season as an NFL DC....I donít know what that means, just interesting to me. I always assumed he had a few years as DC under his belt before his Colts gig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bears Hire Chuck Pagano as DC

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Just to play devils advocate, the nfl is a far different game today than it was in 2011
    True BUT that year we also had 3 QBs going for 5 k+ yards on the season . 3 QBs going for 4,500k + passing yards and 3 QBs going for 40 plus TDs . So there was no slouch and thatís with a less talented WR era in football
    Last edited by Stunner; 01-12-2019 at 09:48 AM.

I like this signing. I've always thought of the packers as a cancer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Some of the comments there are ****ing ridiculous..its just laughable

It's just incredibly hard to extrapolate based off of one year in Baltimore back in 2011.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    It's just incredibly hard to extrapolate based off of one year in Baltimore back in 2011.
    Sure, but if you want a larger sample, he did really well as their DB coach too. Their pass D was never any worse than 7th during his 3 years coaching the secondary. His DB's were also known for being physical and aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Sure, but if you want a larger sample, he did really well as their DB coach too. Their pass D was never any worse than 7th during his 3 years coaching the secondary. His DB's were also known for being physical and aggressive.
    True. To be fair, I don't think it's a bad hire. Quite frankly, it's probably the safest decision to go out and change things up only a little with a fairly experienced coach given how good we were this year on defense. Personally, I find it almost impossible to tease out how much influence an assistant head coach has on teams. It's why I find it funny that everybody is clamoring to go and hire all of McVay's assistants.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    It's more than just in Baltimore as DC (which in itself was impressive regarding how much better the defense became when he took over early 2011). His time in Cleveland and Oakland were also impressive regarding the respective defenses he was a part of albeit as a secondary and defensive backs coach respectively. While your point regarding the impact/influence assistant have is definitely worth taking into account, overall his track record is pretty solid.

Great stuff

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    With our LBs who all have the ability to do anything. Its gonna be fun. I have a feeling we may lead the league in sacks...... Its incredibly hard to react with 6 or 7 in the box.... Any of which may or may not come. You force blocking breakdowns and force quick passes.

The problem with Vics scheme to me was that he would just not care about those 4-5 yard shoet plays and teams had the abikity to nickle and dime us.

Seems like Pagabo will prevent those passes and try and get to you b4 the big play can develop.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

The more I read about Pagano, the less impressed I am with him.

He was with Ravens when they had a stacked defense, similar to the Bears. Maybe he'll do ok.

Grigson was a terrible GM. He didn't draft well and made terrible trades and failed in FA more than he succeded. That didn't help Pagano to do his job.

With that being said, the Colts defense sucked for the most part while Pagano was there.

Maybe I'm thinking too much about it, but I don't feel at ease with what next season brings.

Pace should have offered Fangio boat loads of cash to stay as the DC. Maybe he wouldn't have stayed.

It doesn't matter now, what's done is done.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast