Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    According to Ben Volin, Brett Bielema has been telling people that he will be the Patriote DC next year. That would be a huge blow to Flores staff. Have to wonder if he looks to have someone replace him as the defensive mastermind or if they just role with Graham as the DC. If they decide to replace Bielema, Schiano would be an obvious big name that has history with the Patriots and his name was being linked to their DC position this past week.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-27-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Ian Rapoport

As #Patriots defensive play-caller Brian Flores coaches one last (important) game for NE, his staff with the #Dolphins is taking shape. Sources say #Giants OLBs coach Robbie Leonard and #Jaguars DL coach Marion Hobby are both joining Floresí staff in Miami.

Hobby is the big name. Jags Dline coach the past two years which has been fantastic and was the Clemson DC/Dline coach from 2011-2016. Great track record of developing players into great pass rushers.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Alex Marvez

Source tells me that @MiamiDolphins are hiring Pat Flaherty as their new offensive line coach. Spent last 2 seasons with the @jaguars

I'd have to do more digging on this guy. They were good in 2017 but absolutely terrible in 2018, but I know they had a ton of injuries.

Barry Jackson

Flores has told some Dolphins assistants he is retaining them, including DB coach Tony Oden and RB coach Eric Studesville. Decision pending on some others

I'm liking this coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    I'm liking this coaching staff
    Same. I'm bummed if Bielema does stick with the Pat's, but everything else has been solid. According to Omar, part of the reason Flores was so high on their list was because of the staff he could put together. So far it's been good although I dont know much about the Oline and LB coach.

Any one know if Rizzi is staying on? Or if he is even interested in staying on?

I am liking the make-up of the staff as well, specifically O'Shea as the OC. a young mind that spent years under Belichek and McDaniels. Looking forward to this rebuild.

Field Yates

Source: the Dolphins are expected to hire Danny Crossman as special teams coordinator, George Godsey as TE coach and Karl Dorrell as WR coach.

Crossman was the Bill's STs coach, Godsey is most recently the Lions QB coach and was the Texans OC for a year, Dorrell was the Jets WR coach from 15-18.

It looks like the Rizzi reign is over. I know the Dolphins tried to make it work but it's hard to convince a guy to stay on after being passed up for the HC gig as well as convince the new HC to keep him. Bill's fans are happy Crossman is gone, the Bill's ranked last in STs according to Football Outsiders, but was ranked 10th last year. They seem to be a very up and down unit the past few years. Other two coaches are kinda meh, although Dorrell got good results from a unit you dont think is all that talented.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-29-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Barry Jackson confirms what I thought.

Per source, Dolphins decided to move on from Darren Rizzi, and Rizzi - after not getting Dolphins head coaching job - wasn't interested in returning, anyway. He's in advanced talks with another team.

Like I said Rizzi got the Campbell treatment and wanted to move on, also wouldnt be surprised if Flores wanted his guy.

Press Conference scheduled for 4pm.

Also per Alex Marvez Patriots assistant QB coach Jerry Schuplinski will come to Miami to be Dolphins QB coach.
    Last edited by georgiadolfan; 02-04-2019 at 12:18 PM. Reason: To add news

Marvez is reporting that we're also trying to get Dom Capers to come and be the Defensive assistant, but the Jags are pushing to get him for the same role and the Bengals are trying to get him at DC. Marvez says if he doesnt go to the Bengals it's more than likely he'll choose us.

Capers would be a huge hit and has worked with Graham in Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiadolfan View Post
    Press Conference scheduled for 4pm.

Also per Alex Marvez Patriots assistant QB coach Jerry Schuplinski will come to Miami to be Dolphins QB coach.
    Another guy who is super well respected in NE. My only question is that Caldwell was being reported to be the QB coach as well as the offensive assistant. It wouldnt hurt to have two in the room since Flores has never really been in that part of the team.

I desperately wanted Kris Richard at the start of this process, but I have to admit I was completely wrong. Flores is looking to put together an insane staff but his individual performances have been even better than Richard this season. What he did to the Rams last night was incredible. Obviously he had help from Belicheck, but he had a large part of the defense that shut down the two top offenses in football.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Another guy who is super well respected in NE. My only question is that Caldwell was being reported to be the QB coach as well as the offensive assistant. It wouldnt hurt to have two in the room since Flores has never really been in that part of the team.

I desperately wanted Kris Richard at the start of this process, but I have to admit I was completely wrong. Flores is looking to put together an insane staff but his individual performances have been even better than Richard this season. What he did to the Rams last night was incredible. Obviously he had help from Belicheck, but he had a large part of the defense that shut down the two top offenses in football.
    I saw rumors on Twitter that Dom Capers may be heading to Miami too.

And its official. Dolphins have named Flores as the HC. No McDaniels situation. Press conference coming soon

The staff looks legit with up and comers at all positions. For anyone thinking that Flores might be gone after this year, I think its safe to say that he will be here for his full contract imo.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast