Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Packers have had decent LB play over recent years. Another experienced guy.

Another guy who used to be with the Pats 09-15' who did linebackers and DL for them, when Flores was doing safeties.
    Last edited by Wrench; 01-14-2019 at 10:57 PM.

CannataNFL
    Per @RapSheet, Jim Caldwell will be coming to Miami as the assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach.

Basically bring in a young playcaller to run Caldwells offense. As Cannata says on Twitter, you can basically have the playcaller run the offense and hopefully if he does well enough to get promoted, you just replace him with another guy while still running the same offense. Similar to what NE does, but it's all just under Belicheck.

So another two weeks of waiting for Flores. But we can get a 2nd interview in this week and can get everything else in motion.

Schefter is confirming what Marvez said last week. Patrick Graham will be our DC. He was Green Bays ILB Coach and the Run Game Coordinator.

The Packers defense wasnt that great last year and has had some problems with stopping the run, but the word is that hes highly respected around the league. I just hope hes better than Vance Joseph who was the last "rising coach" at DC. Itll also be interesting to see if Flores tries to copy the same game plan he has on offense/Caldwell with the defense. The rumors were of course Bieliema coming in as some kind of defensive assistant.

The Vikings also hired our assistant STs coach Marwan Maalouf as their STs coach. I think that leaves the only other team reportedly interested in Rizzi as Green Bay.

He was only with the Packers for this past season. He was the Dline coach for the Gmen from 16-17 when the D was pretty solid and before that the Pats doing mostly LBs and DL.

so with this hiring, we could be looking to switch to a 3-4 defense, which would be interesting to see. if we're rebuilding, now's the time to switch the defense around.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    so with this hiring, we could be looking to switch to a 3-4 defense, which would be interesting to see. if we're rebuilding, now's the time to switch the defense around.
    If Flores brings the concepts from NE we will run multiple fronts. I mean NE ran a 2-5 scheme a few times yesterday. It may not be immediate since we will have to add more depth and versatile players, but I hope this is what will be looking at going forward.

No one runs just 3-4 or 4-3 base units anymore. If anything nickel is the new base unit most people run.

The team will be interviewing Flores again tonight. The meeting is to basically sort out the staff and of course any other issues theyll have. The team can offer Flores the job and and can officially make it known they intend to hire him, but they just can't sign the paperwork until after the Super Bowl.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

According to reports, NE Pats WR coach Chad O'Shea expected to be named MIA OC.

NE style offense with quick strikes. Have a feeling Gesicki will be used right this time

OShea was supposedly to be the heir to McDaniels if he left, so he has to be respected by Belichick. On top of that hes also the red zone coordinator which of course is great for NE.

So far I love the staff Flores is putting together, especially if we get Bielema to have the same role that Caldwell has. It's a good mix of experience and up and coming guys.

Flores being able to pull O'shae away from NE shows me a lot. O'Shae wouldn't leave NE/Bellichek tree unless he was highly confident in Flores.

We have seen coaches leave for HC jobs in NE, we have never seen any of them bring any NE coaches along with them.

I'm sure during the college football season there's been talk among the Pat's staff about potential draft selections in the 19' draft... Obviously their own season and the playoffs were the most important thing going on, but I'm also sure that Flores has an idea of who their targets may be...

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall in a Pat's discussion if Kyler Murray was brought up...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast