Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Flores just finishes up his press conference. Wasnt a lot of big proclamations like we've had in the past, so there weren't a lot of talking points. Flores basically kept saying that having a selfless mentality and a team first mindset is what will win games. Hes going to demand a lot from his players like he did in NE, but he wants to connect with everyone across the board so they know that they're in it together. He also believes you need to be versatile every week since every team is a different challenge, so hopefully that means hes going to bring the same style of defense to Miami.

Grier also answered a few questions. Pointed out that even though he and Flores have known each other for awhile they were never super close, so it's not like he just hired his friend. He also said they're still making the plan for the offseason and the QB position is still up in the air. They havent finalized anything on Tannehill or drafting one this year. The most interesting thing to me is that Flores said he'd rather have a couple of good players than one great player in terms of salary cap. So could be another sign that theyll decide to trade X.

Nice to see Flores putting together a real staff with experience, and not just the random nobodies with recent coaches.

Also Flores getting a 2nd Pat's coach to leave Bellichek is pretty amazing. As I mentioned in a earlier post, when pats guys got new gigs, I don't remember any other pats coaches following them.

Of the eight NFL head coaches hired this winter, Dolphins’ HC Brian Flores was the only one to receive five fully-guaranteed years, per source. Other HC deals were mainly four years, plus a team option for a fifth.

- Adam Schefter

Shows they are committed to a legit rebuild and truly like Bflo.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    Nice to see Flores putting together a real staff with experience, and not just the random nobodies with recent coaches.

Also Flores getting a 2nd Pat's coach to leave Bellichek is pretty amazing. As I mentioned in a earlier post, when pats guys got new gigs, I don't remember any other pats coaches following them.
    It's a great combo of young coaches trying to be creative and older coaches that know what needs to be done. Not the biggest sexiest names so far but it's still the best staff weve seen in awhile.

Btw it's great to go from a HC with the nickname Goose to one with a nickname as cool as Coach Flo.

Field Yates announced weve officially hired Chad O'Shea.

In addition, the Dolphins are hiring former NFL WR Tiquan Underwood as the offensive quality control coach, per source.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

The Dolphins just announced 16 members of their new coaching staff. Pretty much all of the names weve seen and a few quality/assistant coaches. Full list https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/m...f-brian-flores

Only thing missing is the possibility if adding Capers as some kind of defensive assistant. Capers officially turned down the Bengals job a few days ago so its down to us and the Jags.

Also just a few interesting things. Tony Oden is now the safeties coach and Josh Boyer is the defensive passing game Coordinator and CB coach. Boyer was the Pat's CB coach the past few years and Oden was the secondary coach last year. And Schuplinski makes a lateral move from the Pat's to us and stays an assistant QB coach.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 02-08-2019 at 03:28 PM.

I love every hire but for Crossman. Bills STs have never been ranked that high. They where 32nd last year and thats why they fired him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I love every hire but for Crossman. Bills STs have never been ranked that high. They where 32nd last year and thats why they fired him.
    Eh, according to DVOA it's a very lateral move.

Bills
    2014 4th
    2015 12th
    2016 22nd
    2017 10th
    2018 32nd

Dolphins
    2018-21st
    2017-12th
    2016-12th
    2015-24th
    2014-32nd