Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Dolphins expected to Hire Brian Flores as HC

Rap sheet

Sources: The #Dolphins have narrowed the focus of their search to #Patriots defensive play-caller Brian Flores as their new head coach. No deal yet, nothing official. But that’s their target.

Pretty much all of the national media and local guys are confirming it now. Nothing is set but hes the guy if he chooses to accept it. Beasley had it first.

Now I just pray that Beasley was wrong and that the Dolphins didnt interview Loggains just to butter him up to the idea of staying as OC this year.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Flores has tons of great reviews, and since he was never officially a Coordinator he never got a lot of focus from the media so we really dont know much about him. I'm willing to give him a shot but my biggest worry is he never truly got to try and lead a locker room. At least with Richard weve seen the guy completely take over the Cowboys defense this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Flores has tons of great reviews, and since he was never officially a Coordinator he never got a lot of focus from the media so we really dont know much about him. I'm willing to give him a shot but my biggest worry is he never truly got to try and lead a locker room. At least with Richard weve seen the guy completely take over the Cowboys defense this year.
    Honestly, I don't really like it.... I would have prefered Beineimy or Richard but this is also a very good sign. I generally have no idea on how to pick a HC, everytime I get excited by a Dolphins hire (Nick Saban, Adam Gase) it explodes horrifically. I'm not too fussy over this hire, so that means it has a damn good chance of working out well in our favor.

Why wasn't he named DC in New England?

Seems pretty odd, no?

Read somewhere ( KodyTheKing )😎 that Flores had interviewed last year with Cards.And it was rumored that his OC would be Jim Caldwell. So he's a name to keep an eye on for OC
    Last edited by jtownsfine5t; 01-11-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    Why wasn't he named DC in New England?

Seems pretty odd, no?
    I'm trying find if there was anything that gave us clarification on the title, but he did call plays on Defense. Similar structure to how Richard is in Dallas right now, but with Belicheck taking full control over the defense of course.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Read somewhere that Flores had interviewed last year with Bengals? And it was rumored that his OC would be Jim Caldwell. So he's a name to keep an eye on for OC
    I believe it was the Cardinals but yes Caldwell was the rumored target. Hed be an upgrade over what we've had in recent years but not really something I'd be excited about. The nice thing I'd that Flores doesnt really have any connection with Caldwell, so we wont have the buddy buddy stuff like Gase had.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-11-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Honestly, I don't really like it.... I would have prefered Beineimy or Richard but this is also a very good sign. I generally have no idea on how to pick a HC, everytime I get excited by a Dolphins hire (Nick Saban, Adam Gase) it explodes horrifically. I'm not too fussy over this hire, so that means it has a damn good chance of working out well in our favor.
    That's how I'm trying to handle it. While Richard was my favorite and obviously a big named candidate, we've been spurned in the past. Apparently Grier was blown away in the interview and saw a lot of leadership from Flores. They also liked how he didnt just focus on one aspect of the team like Defense or Offense. They felt like he had knowledge to handle every part of the team.

One of the biggest pros I have for Floresm is the fact that the Pat's have always been one of the most adaptable teams in football. If hes able to bring that mindset with him I'll be overjoyed. Seeing stuff like more Dime defense and creative uses of Drake and Wilson will be huge.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-11-2019 at 11:51 PM.

I'm good with this hire because we hired a first time coach to look over a rebuilding organization. we didn't need a big name coach because we aren't ready to win right now, or next year, or the year after. Nothing tells me that he will succeed . . . but nothing is telling me that he will fail either. Solid hiring. Hope he keeps Rizzi on as Asst. HC/Special Teams. Would hate to lose him.

So I found this on twitter from Calvin Watkins of the Athletic

"One of the impressions of Brian Flores as explained to John Wooten from Bill Belichick is “never late to work, or takes time off, always about the team.” In Flores’ interview with the Dolphins had a binder with details on how he would handle first 9 months on the job."

The part about the binder is incredible. Flores seems like a guy who's well prepared and that's obviously super important as a first time HC. I've also seen a few things that suggests he's not going to try and just be another Belicheck which is super important to me. I'm just worried that it may be too early on him. The man just hasn't had the responsibility of running a locker room in NE and hasn't even been close.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-11-2019 at 11:52 PM.

You guys know Philbin had a binder and his preparation "blew them away" in the interview too right? Just saying, that means nothing if you cannot lead. I seriously hope this doesn't happen. I know nothing about him except that he worked for a cheater. I hope he doesn't bring it with him like McDaniel did to Denver. I'd rather see him fail like Crennell and almost all of the others from that POS organization than to have him taint this team forever.

At this point I'm just praying that Grier was handcuffed by Tannenbaum and turns out to be a genius GM.

What are the odds Belichick talks to Flores and he pulls a Josh McDaniels on us

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    You guys know Philbin had a binder and his preparation "blew them away" in the interview too right? Just saying, that means nothing if you cannot lead. I seriously hope this doesn't happen. I know nothing about him except that he worked for a cheater. I hope he doesn't bring it with him like McDaniel did to Denver. I'd rather see him fail like Crennell and almost all of the others from that POS organization than to have him taint this team forever.

At this point I'm just praying that Grier was handcuffed by Tannenbaum and turns out to be a genius GM.
    You must be fun at parties

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post

Supposedly Grier and Flores go way way back and hav been friends for years. I read that he was Grier's choice from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiadolfan View Post
    Supposedly Grier and Flores go way way back and hav been friends for years. I read that he was Grier's choice from the beginning.
    Same ^

I really wasn't too keen on this hire, then I watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7XP...ature=youtu.be

I don't know how good of a coach this man is, but he's got great character. I'm sure as hell rooting for him.

Regardless of who is chosen as the Phins next HC, I will wait to see what happens when the season starts... I could care less about press conferences, training camp, pre-season and player/reporter reactions...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast