Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiadolfan View Post
    Supposedly Grier and Flores go way way back and hav been friends for years. I read that he was Grier's choice from the beginning.
    Grier left the Pars before Flores got there, but they apparently met a few years ago at some NFL meeting and have stayed in touch for awhile. Of course Griers dad worked for NE so he probably always heard things about Flores.

Flores has grown on me for a few things. The fact that hes not going to be a dick like Patricia is makes me happy, but the news also came out today that Greg Roman and Kingsbury were at the top of his list for OCs. The fact that hes already looking for qualified proven OCs is exciting to me. This guy isnt going the Gase route of just hiring friends. And of course that video of him at the benefit is incredible.

He seems like a good guy and I've grown enough on his potential outlook on the team. I'm cool with it. I dont get a Philbin vibe from him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    You must be fun at parties

Going to one now actually! You have a point. As long as I don't talk Dolphins football I'm okay. But that's honestly what crossed my mind when I read the excitement about having a binder and being prepared. The Dolphins will try to sell any coach they hire. What are they going to say? "Well, he wasn't the type of coach we were hoping for, but none of the better coaches wanted to come here due to the reputation of this franchise. So, here we are."

I do realize I have become cynical about this team, but it has been a long time since I have seen much to be proud of. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post

Going to one now actually! You have a point. As long as I don't talk Dolphins football I'm okay. But that's honestly what crossed my mind when I read the excitement about having a binder and being prepared. The Dolphins will try to sell any coach they hire. What are they going to say? "Well, he wasn't the type of coach we were hoping for, but none of the better coaches wanted to come here due to the reputation of this franchise. So, here we are."

I do realize I have become cynical about this team, but it has been a long time since I have seen much to be proud of. That's all.
    This team deserves criticism, but you have to buy in a bit man. I mean we're all big enough nerds about this team to write about them on a forum lol. We all love it and you have to be able to try and buy in a bit.

I was the biggest supporter of hiring Richard, and the reason I'm willing to buy in a bit more because more and more reports are positive. The fact that Roman and Kingsbury and possibly Caldwell are his top candidates is great. We all talk about how important the staff is and the rumors so far are exciting. Obviously we have to wait and see but still

Bill Belichick to Pats, Dabo Swinney to Clemson, and Doug Pederson a year ago where all called terrible coaching hires. There are alot more of coaching hires people though was terrible.

Head Coaching hires are not shut and close cases, just have to wait and see what happens.

Alex Marvez

Two sources have told me the hot name circulating around league circles as a likely member of Brian Flores' future @MiamiDolphins staff is @packers assistant Patrick Graham as a potential defensive coordinator. Of course, Brian has to take the job first (cough, McDaniels, cough)

I have no idea who this guy is so it doesnt make me AS excited as the OC rumors

The Miami Herald is also reporting that Brett Bielema, former Wisconsin and Arkansas HC, is being considered for the DC spot. Hes currently a consulstant for the Patriots.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-12-2019 at 09:26 PM.

I've seen Brett Bielema as the DC, he was a coach last year on the pats staff. Was the old HC of Wisconsin and Arkansas.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    This team deserves criticism, but you have to buy in a bit man. I mean we're all big enough nerds about this team to write about them on a forum lol. We all love it and you have to be able to try and buy in a bit.

I was the biggest supporter of hiring Richard, and the reason I'm willing to buy in a bit more because more and more reports are positive. The fact that Roman and Kingsbury and possibly Caldwell are his top candidates is great. We all talk about how important the staff is and the rumors so far are exciting. Obviously we have to wait and see but still
    Just for a little context on me, I remember defending many players and coaches against attacks on forums such as (but not limited to), Gase, Saban, Moore, Henne, Parker, the Ginn family and even Cam Cameron at about 0-6. Wow, just defended hope for Henne for the longest time, right until and even after his time as a Dolphin. But certain moves have felt wrong for me from the beginning, such as Tannehill, Pouncey (almost from the beginning), not taking Rogers in the draft, not taking Russel Wilson in the draft, Charles Harris (go ahead somebody...tell me he will have a breakout year next year...again), Carroo, Wannstedt, Jimmy Johnson, letting Bowles go, letting Carpenter go, etc.

This one feels wrong for me in part because New England does not produce good coaches once you take away the cheating, or they just try to cheat and embarrass your franchise (McDaniel). Then there's my complete disgust with cheating in the first place. Now there's no proof that Flores will cheat. In fact, the cheating tends to be on the offensive side of the ball IMO and Flores is most likely not even aware of the workings of it as he wouldn't be part of that aspect of the team. But I will still always wonder. It ruins the game for me. I know most fans can blindly follow their team but there are certain lines I can't cross, it's the way I'm wired. I can't even bring myself to try to cheat on my taxes and I absolutely hate the government of my country and all of the abuse of tax money they have been caught for, which is the tip of the iceberg, most likely. Anyway, I will talk with some friends about this one and maybe someone can get me to take an interest, but it feels like another mistake. Not that the Dolphins have a lot of options anymore.

But to be fair, I was openly excited about Gore and Sitton coming to the team this year if you check back, so I'm not just crapping on everything they do.

That's the explanation of my feeling on this, but I'll try to cool it with the negativity and just keep it to myself.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-13-2019 at 12:58 AM.

No worries man, we're fans of the Dolphins. It's not like they give us a lot of reason to like them. I mean I used to fight people on here about Chad Henne actually being good lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I've seen Brett Bielema as the DC, he was a coach last year on the pats staff. Was the old HC of Wisconsin and Arkansas.
    Id be so on board with him. Just another proven, quality guy that would bring tons of experience to Flores staff. Although I wonder if he gets the Roman treatment, where the Pat's promote him to DC just because Flores is gone.

Also keep an eye on Schiano. Obvious connection there and hes a quality DC as well.

Received a message from someone who is plugged in with the Patriots regarding Bret Bielema. ďThat would be huge addition for Miami. The guy knows everything.Ē Bielema almost became the Dolphins head coach instead of Philbin but Bielema insisted he would draft Russell Wilson.

- Matthew Cannata

Bielema said he would draft Wilson in the 2nd round & guaranteed Miami a Super Bowl within 5 years. Jeff Ireland and the front office chastised him for thinking like that, saying thatís the difference between college and pros. Bielema quickly pulled himself out of the race.

- Matthew Cannata

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Bielema said he would draft Wilson in the 2nd round & guaranteed Miami a Super Bowl within 5 years. Jeff Ireland and the front office chastised him for thinking like that, saying thatís the difference between college and pros. Bielema quickly pulled himself out of the race.

- Matthew Cannata
    Oh what could have been. Lol

Yea that one comes back to hurt lol. But if that's the type of QB the Dolphins are looking at then Kyler Murray would be the target in this draft.

Btw I just wanted to mention that I hope everyone doesnt critique every play call by the Pat's today as a bad or good sign for Flores. I'm already seeing people on Twitter going crazy about the Allen TD as if Richard's defense didnt give up 200 yards on the ground last night.

So the reports are coming out today that Caldwell will join the team, but its unknown what his position would be. The Barry Jackson and Albert Breer have both said it could be as OC, or it would be as an assistant coach and we would still bring in a young OC.

Caldwell would be a fine OC, nothing crazy but a huge step up from what weve had, but I love the idea of Caldwell and Bielema as assistant coaches to supervise their groups. Flores surrounding himself with proven coaches, and especially guys that have a good history in the NFL, would be absolutely huge.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-14-2019 at 12:21 PM.

JimOwczarski

As head coach Matt LaFleur continues to build his staff in Green Bay, others continue to depart: Can confirm that #Packers linebackers coach Patrick Graham is expected to head to the #Dolphins when such a move is allowed.
    Wrench was here~~
    Last edited by Wrench; 01-14-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast