Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,609

    8 seed in the west- who gets it

    Seems like the top 7 are starting to separate themselves. Log-jam near the 8th spot. Who y'all think will get it. I'm gonna guess Utah!




    WOJ, ANNOUNCE LEBRON TO THE BUCKS! It's PAST DEC 15 FOR CHRIST SAKE!

    Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

    One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,202
    I'm not sold on all of the top 7 just yet, though. The Clippers still jump out to me. They definitely have the feel of those Hawks and Nuggets teams from a few years back where they just had a lot of really good players who gelled together despite not having a star. But Gallo being this healthy for this long still seems like an anomaly to me. The dude hasn't played in 70+ games since 2013.

    Also, I think it's unfair to say that the top 7 are separating themselves when the Lakers are sitting at No. 8 and are only one game back of the 6/7 seed and two games back of the 4/5 seed. If Lebron comes back, the Lakers' playoff chances immediately shoot up exponentially.

    I do agree with you, though, that Utah is the one team outside the top 8 that poses the greatest threat to make the postseason. Their first-half schedule has been brutal, and they were insanely good down the stretch last season. I'd be a little surprised if they didn't find a way to make the playoffs this year.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    8,367
    prob the Lakers
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.


    We ain't sneaking in, we are kicking the mother f***in door down. We're in this party now. Nobody wanted us in, but guess what, they got to deal with us now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm not sold on all of the top 7 just yet, though. The Clippers still jump out to me. They definitely have the feel of those Hawks and Nuggets teams from a few years back where they just had a lot of really good players who gelled together despite not having a star. But Gallo being this healthy for this long still seems like an anomaly to me. The dude hasn't played in 70+ games since 2013.

    Also, I think it's unfair to say that the top 7 are separating themselves when the Lakers are sitting at No. 8 and are only one game back of the 6/7 seed and two games back of the 4/5 seed. If Lebron comes back, the Lakers' playoff chances immediately shoot up exponentially.

    I do agree with you, though, that Utah is the one team outside the top 8 that poses the greatest threat to make the postseason. Their first-half schedule has been brutal, and they were insanely good down the stretch last season. I'd be a little surprised if they didn't find a way to make the playoffs this year.
    I think one can safely say that GSW and Nuggets are safely in... my 3rd & 4th safe bet would go with the Rockets and Lakers, simply because of Harden and Lebron not giving up being contenders...

    After these four is chaos... 10 teams for 4 places... It would surprise me though if the Thunder won't take one out of these four spots...

  5. 01-10-2019, 05:35 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  6. 01-10-2019, 05:40 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  7. 01-10-2019, 05:53 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  8. 01-10-2019, 06:25 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  9. 01-10-2019, 06:40 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  10. 01-10-2019, 07:22 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  11. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,147
    I don't think you can pencil any team in the playoffs in the west when all it would take right now is 7.5 games to fall out. you can probably pencil the warriors in, but outside of them not sure. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dwecjf-VAAE0rBp.jpg is a interesting look at the rest of the way. Look specifically at OKC and UTA

  12. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,202
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I don't think you can pencil any team in the playoffs in the west when all it would take right now is 7.5 games to fall out. you can probably pencil the warriors in, but outside of them not sure. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dwecjf-VAAE0rBp.jpg is a interesting look at the rest of the way. Look specifically at OKC and UTA
    That's a really interesting graphic. The other thing that jumps out to me is just how much easier the schedules clearly are for Eastern Conference teams vs. Western Conference teams. Look at Milwaukee and Boston's schedules compared to teams like Phoenix, Memphis and Minnesota. The quality of the opponents are just obviously harder in the West throughout the season than in the East.


  13. 01-10-2019, 07:50 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  14. 01-10-2019, 08:28 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  15. 01-10-2019, 08:30 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  16. 01-10-2019, 08:53 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  17. 01-10-2019, 08:54 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  18. 01-10-2019, 08:57 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  19. 01-10-2019, 08:58 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  20. 01-10-2019, 09:08 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  21. 01-10-2019, 09:11 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  22. 01-10-2019, 09:13 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  23. 01-10-2019, 09:36 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  24. 01-10-2019, 09:47 PM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  25. 01-11-2019, 10:22 AM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  26. 01-11-2019, 11:27 AM
    Reason
    stick on topic, and all responses

  27. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23,732
    Hehe.

    There is no way to call it. The 6 teams out of the playoffs right now were all in the top 8 earlier in the season. Anything can happen.

  28. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,171
    Boooo censorship!

  29. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    1,859
    Should lock in to the current 8 teams. Lakers currently in 8 spot but when LeBron returns they will solidify their spot which means look at the differential between the current 7 seed and 9th seed. No way they catch up most likely as it is more than 5 games.

  30. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,202
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Should lock in to the current 8 teams. Lakers currently in 8 spot but when LeBron returns they will solidify their spot which means look at the differential between the current 7 seed and 9th seed. No way they catch up most likely as it is more than 5 games.
    Huh? The difference between the 7 seed and 9 seed is 3.5 games. And the 9 seed (Utah) had the most difficult schedule in the NBA the first half of the season. I still think Utah gets in, and I think the Clippers are the team to watch that could fall out.

    The other team to watch that will almost certainly fall down the standings a few spots is OKC. They've lost 4 of their last 10, including three straight, and their second-half schedule is one of the hardest in the league.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 01-12-2019 at 08:31 AM.


  31. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,612
    Last 2 years being a Nuggets fan, each year one team gets incredibly hot in the second half of the season when they were on the outside looking in at all star break.

  32. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    43,272
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    That's a really interesting graphic. The other thing that jumps out to me is just how much easier the schedules clearly are for Eastern Conference teams vs. Western Conference teams. Look at Milwaukee and Boston's schedules compared to teams like Phoenix, Memphis and Minnesota. The quality of the opponents are just obviously harder in the West throughout the season than in the East.
    2 teams in the East have winning records against teams that are above .500 crazy.

    I think the Jazz get into the playoffs, with the Clippers being the odd man out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    10,856
    The team that finishes ahead of the ninth seed but below the seventh seed..

  34. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    24,205
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    The team that finishes ahead of the ninth seed but below the seventh seed..
    This could be true actually...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  35. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Last 2 years being a Nuggets fan, each year one team gets incredibly hot in the second half of the season when they were on the outside looking in at all star break.
    I am going Pelicans or Mavericks.
    "Train hard, play (matches) harder"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •