Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Glass

Glass

First reviews are in and it looks like another m shyamalan dud

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

I have not seen either prequel. So I am not sure if I should try and watch them or not, and then see this? Meh

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I thought Split was decent

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I liked the first two, so I will see this one and decide for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn. I’m pumped to see this because I really liked the first two... hearing it’s a dud sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Never knew there was one before Split

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I have not seen either prequel. So I am not sure if I should try and watch them or not, and then see this? Meh
    I thought Unbreakable and Split (despite the D.I.D. characterization being off) were enjoyable. I am bummed to hear Glass is disappointing but I will still check it out, if for nothing else than McAvoy and Sam Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Never knew there was one before Split

Well unbreakable was like 15 years ago. I think mnight kinda just was like “hey I can make a trilogy out of this” by connecting Willis to the ending of Split. They both could’ve been solid standalone films.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I love Unbreakable, but split didn't look good to me. This has the unbreakable feel, wonder if I can watch this without seeing split first.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Well unbreakable was like 15 years ago. I think mnight kinda just was like “hey I can make a trilogy out of this” by connecting Willis to the ending of Split. They both could’ve been solid standalone films.

Gotcha. Matbe I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Unbreakable is worth watching for sure.

But I feel like these movies weren't meant to be connected. Wouldn't be surprised to see tie-ins to Sixth Sense (for the ghost seeing ability) and Lady in the Water (it was supposed to be a new fairy tale for adults, easy to convert to the comic book theme).

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post

They were supposed to be stand alone films. I don't remember where I read it, but he said he made Split and never planned on tying them together or having another. I think it was Mcavoy how mentioned it to him while they were filming it, and he liked the idea and added the ending.

I haven't seen Unbreakable and I thought Split was just meh. McAvoy was amazing though. M Night makes mostly duds though and I don't have very high expectations for this.

i never go by the reviews... means nothing to me. I love the concept and i pray this opens things up for other similar things like this. I enjoyed the elevator devil movie that got horrid reviews so **** it.

Split was good, Unbreakable was ever better and I am super pumped to see Glass. I hope that it will be a good movie but the first reviews are obviously a little concerning.