Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 866
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    67,390
    Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    I think it's pretty scary that the front office looks at Dunn, Lavine, Portis, WCJ and Luari and thinks it's a good solid core. The NBA more than any other sport is a talent league. You don't have a **** record, when you have talent. Our record sucks, because we don't have talent at least not the level the front office thinks we do.
    Pretty much.

    They've added several decent players that have perceived upside, but the chances of any of them ever becoming superstars has to be less than 5%.

    If their "plan" is to build around this group with a hilariously bad coach, then they're probably rebuilding for another 5+ years.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    6,796
    1.5 years into a full rebuild. You guys think we are going to suddenly be the warriors lol. Iím pretty sure if we land a top 3 pick, our rebuild is going just fine.

    The Suns have been rebuilding for how long? They have Ayton and still suck. They missed with Josh Jackson. Booker is Mr Glass.

    The Kings sucked for how long before this year? Helluva lot longer then 2 seasons.

    How great is that Knicks rebuild going?

    Memphis is stick in no mans land with huge contracts on the books.

    Atlanta just traded Doncic for Trae TO All Day and whatís gonna be a mid 1st.

    The Cavs donít even have a decent asset st this point and have the same odds as us to get a top 3 Pick.

    The Wolves are going no where fast and completely lost that Butler trade.

    NOLA has an elite PG, and the best talent in the league and canít sniff relevancy.

    The Mavs are already giving up on Bulls Forum hero Dennis Smith Jr.

    Washington might have the worst contracts in the league.

    Orlando still isnít worth a damn and Bamba isnít their savior. Neither is Jonathan Isaac.

    The Pistons are mediocre at best.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    6,796
    The hypocrisy of it all is, you guys are complaining about how we should have went full tank last year, but this year we are basically going full tank, and you are complaining that we are losing. We have assets on this team. We arenít any where near a finished product but we do have assets.

    I guarantee that PG thirsty teams would love Dunn. (Indiana, Miami, Philly, Orlando, Detroit, NY, Cleveland, LAC, San Antonio, Utah, Dallas, Phoenix)

    I bet playoff and fringe playoff teams with a lack of a good 4 would want Portis. (Brooklyn, Dallas, Utah, Houston, OKC, Washington, Charlotte, Philly).

    I bet that if we didnít match Lavine, every single person in here would have lost their **** after his 1st 30 point game. Would have talked about how we lost a talent like that for nothing. We actually got him on a rather decent contract. Especially while rebuilding.

    As for Carter and Lauri. They are 19 and 21. Both 5 plus years away from their athletic prime. Both would probably go top 5 if the last 2 drafts were redone. At this point in a rebuild you are simply trying to land the best available talent. We did that 2 straight years. They donít necessarily have to fit with each other, although I think they will when they are way more seasoned. Even if they arenít they are both assets that most teams in the league wouldnít hesitate to trade for.

    We won the Holiday trade this year. Whoís to say he nets 2 2nd rounders or a 1st last year? Expiring contracts are worth more then 2 year deals. Same for Rolo. Itís not like we arenít trying to trade him. Parker was a terrible fit, but we had money in a rebuilding year, and we signed him to essentially a 1 year deal to see what he can do. It didnít work out. We didnít lose anything by signing him except games, which is a win for our future. 90% of you guys wanted Hutch with the Pels 1st. Half of you guys wanted Blakeney on our roster full time. Everyone wanted a Hoiberg fire and heís gone. Boylen just had his contract structured in a way that if and when we go after our next head coach, it wonít be hard to move on.

    Do I need to go on anymore? You donít rush a complete gut job rebuild. Our oldest starter is 23 years old. Do you think if we had Doncic weíd suddenly be a playoff contender? Did we have a 5th pick and next yearís 1st to trade for Doncic like Atlanta did?

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,363
    It is crazy how many people think a rebuild is suppose to be fast.

    Also I don't know who said we weren't interested in Luna when we clearly tried to trade up with Memphis for a shot at LUKA or JJJ.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    67,390
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    It is crazy how many people think a rebuild is suppose to be fast.

    Also I don't know who said we weren't interested in Luna when we clearly tried to trade up with Memphis for a shot at LUKA or JJJ.
    To be clear, I don't think that at all. I've said all along that they're several years away still. That's even if they had a guy like Luka.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago land
    Posts
    14,491
    Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Yeah not being fully committed to the tank was a mistake. I think their biggest mistake was bringing Mirotic back. His hot streak in December won them a bunch of meaningless games. Sure we got Huthinson out of it but would you rather have one of Ayton/Doncic or Carter and Hutchinson? The FO just doesn't seem to have a plan. Are they tanking? Are they content with the talent they have? Are they trying to attract a big time FA? I have no idea what their plan is.
    Garpax is a ****ing joke, and so is Reinsdorf. His blind loyalty to GarPax is turning this orginzation into a laughing stock.

    Haven't watched or attended one game this year and I'm not going to until they fire GarPax.... its a slap in the face to Bulls fans these guys are still employed.

    They cant even tank right...
    Last edited by Cubs420; 01-15-2019 at 05:54 PM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    67,390
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    1.5 years into a full rebuild. You guys think we are going to suddenly be the warriors lol. Iím pretty sure if we land a top 3 pick, our rebuild is going just fine.
    I don't see anyone suggesting they should be much further along, so you're just arguing a point nobody is making.

    I see people concerned about the talent level on this team now and moving forward, plus the lack of any real plan from arguably the worst FO in the league. Those are very fair concerns.

    Unless they luck into Zion, I believe we're having these same kind of conversations for the next 5+ years until these morons are finally fired.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago land
    Posts
    14,491
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    The hypocrisy of it all is, you guys are complaining about how we should have went full tank last year, but this year we are basically going full tank, and you are complaining that we are losing. We have assets on this team. We arenít any where near a finished product but we do have assets.

    I guarantee that PG thirsty teams would love Dunn. (Indiana, Miami, Philly, Orlando, Detroit, NY, Cleveland, LAC, San Antonio, Utah, Dallas, Phoenix)

    I bet playoff and fringe playoff teams with a lack of a good 4 would want Portis. (Brooklyn, Dallas, Utah, Houston, OKC, Washington, Charlotte, Philly).

    I bet that if we didnít match Lavine, every single person in here would have lost their **** after his 1st 30 point game. Would have talked about how we lost a talent like that for nothing. We actually got him on a rather decent contract. Especially while rebuilding.

    As for Carter and Lauri. They are 19 and 21. Both 5 plus years away from their athletic prime. Both would probably go top 5 if the last 2 drafts were redone. At this point in a rebuild you are simply trying to land the best available talent. We did that 2 straight years. They donít necessarily have to fit with each other, although I think they will when they are way more seasoned. Even if they arenít they are both assets that most teams in the league wouldnít hesitate to trade for.

    We won the Holiday trade this year. Whoís to say he nets 2 2nd rounders or a 1st last year? Expiring contracts are worth more then 2 year deals. Same for Rolo. Itís not like we arenít trying to trade him. Parker was a terrible fit, but we had money in a rebuilding year, and we signed him to essentially a 1 year deal to see what he can do. It didnít work out. We didnít lose anything by signing him except games, which is a win for our future. 90% of you guys wanted Hutch with the Pels 1st. Half of you guys wanted Blakeney on our roster full time. Everyone wanted a Hoiberg fire and heís gone. Boylen just had his contract structured in a way that if and when we go after our next head coach, it wonít be hard to move on.

    Do I need to go on anymore? You donít rush a complete gut job rebuild. Our oldest starter is 23 years old. Do you think if we had Doncic weíd suddenly be a playoff contender? Did we have a 5th pick and next yearís 1st to trade for Doncic like Atlanta did?
    Hell I'm complaining that this team hasn't been losing enough...Which they havnt.

    Bulls picking 7th last year isnt good enough...Niko, Holiday and Lopez should never have been given the opportunity to win the Bulls as many meaningless games as they did.

    If you are going to suck, then go all in.

    Oh and btw, I would have been fine with the Bulls not matching the offer sheet on LeVine.
    Last edited by Cubs420; 01-15-2019 at 06:03 PM.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    6,796
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I don't see anyone suggesting they should be much further along, so you're just arguing a point nobody is making.

    I see people concerned about the talent level on this team now and moving forward, plus the lack of any real plan from arguably the worst FO in the league. Those are very fair concerns.

    Unless they luck into Zion, I believe we're having these same kind of conversations for the next 5+ years until these morons are finally fired.
    I wouldn't be mad with Morant. He's doing some big things this year. He reminds me of Fox which is fine by me.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,807
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    The hypocrisy of it all is, you guys are complaining about how we should have went full tank last year, but this year we are basically going full tank, and you are complaining that we are losing. We have assets on this team. We arenít any where near a finished product but we do have assets.
    I think 99% of the people here are happy they're losing. I haven't seen many complaints about that. The complaint is that they didn't do this a year or two earlier.

    I guarantee that PG thirsty teams would love Dunn. (Indiana, Miami, Philly, Orlando, Detroit, NY, Cleveland, LAC, San Antonio, Utah, Dallas, Phoenix)

    I bet playoff and fringe playoff teams with a lack of a good 4 would want Portis. (Brooklyn, Dallas, Utah, Houston, OKC, Washington, Charlotte, Philly).
    Mirotic got them the 22th pick and I think he had higher value than both. I'd be happy if they can get a 1st for Portis but it doesn't seem like they're trying to move him, which I think is a mistake. I also don't think they're looking to trade Dunn which is fine. They should keep Dunn for now.

    I bet that if we didnít match Lavine, every single person in here would have lost their **** after his 1st 30 point game. Would have talked about how we lost a talent like that for nothing. We actually got him on a rather decent contract. Especially while rebuilding.
    Bringing back LaVine was a good move. But I don't think he's a star. He's a guy that puts up points on a bad team.

    As for Carter and Lauri. They are 19 and 21. Both 5 plus years away from their athletic prime. Both would probably go top 5 if the last 2 drafts were redone. At this point in a rebuild you are simply trying to land the best available talent. We did that 2 straight years. They donít necessarily have to fit with each other, although I think they will when they are way more seasoned. Even if they arenít they are both assets that most teams in the league wouldnít hesitate to trade for.
    Lauri is good. You can make an argument that Donavan Mitchell, John Collins, or Kyle Kuzma should have been drafted instead. But I have no problem with the Lauri pick at 7. He has however been injury prone and regressed this year and that is very concerning.

    Carter is decent. He looks like he can be a starting center in this league. Both are good young players but neither of those guys would be someone you can build a franchise around.

    We won the Holiday trade this year. Whoís to say he nets 2 2nd rounders or a 1st last year? Expiring contracts are worth more then 2 year deals. Same for Rolo. Itís not like we arenít trying to trade him. Parker was a terrible fit, but we had money in a rebuilding year, and we signed him to essentially a 1 year deal to see what he can do. It didnít work out. We didnít lose anything by signing him except games, which is a win for our future. 90% of you guys wanted Hutch with the Pels 1st. Half of you guys wanted Blakeney on our roster full time. Everyone wanted a Hoiberg fire and heís gone. Boylen just had his contract structured in a way that if and when we go after our next head coach, it wonít be hard to move on.
    • The Justin Holiday trade is fine. It's nothing to be proud of.
    • I have a feeling we'll just end up buying out Rolo. I don't think he has any value.
    • Parker was a terrible signing and I don't think the "Well we had money" is a good excuse for it. You can use the cap space to absorb a bad contract in exchange for draft picks.
    • Do people want Blakeney? He's just whatever. He wouldn't make the roster on a good team
    • Hutchinson seems really raw for a guy that played college for 4 years.
    • I didn't like the hiring of Hoiberg and I don't like the firing of him either. Boylen looks completely unqualified to coach in the NBA I don't care how you try to spin that whole scenario.



    Do I need to go on anymore? You donít rush a complete gut job rebuild. Our oldest starter is 23 years old. Do you think if we had Doncic weíd suddenly be a playoff contender? Did we have a 5th pick and next yearís 1st to trade for Doncic like Atlanta did?
    The Mavs are a fringe playoff team because of Doncic so maybe the Bulls are contenders with him. If they had properly committed to tanking from the very beginning by not resigning Mirotic then they might not have had to worry about trading up to get him.

    Nobody in here is saying a rebuild is supposed to be fast but the Bulls haven't been competitive since 2015. I don't think the rebuild should be judged from the point of the Butler trade when it was obvious they should have started rebuilding a year before. You also conveniently left out all the bad moves they have made in recent years such as:

    • Pretending to have a coaching search and hiring Hoiberg because he's friends with Gar
    • Releasing Spencer Dinwiddie because you traded for MCW
    • Letting Dwyane Wade rob you of 30M to play 60 games
    • Gison and McDermott trade for Cam Payne
    • Signing Felicio to an extension


    After seeing the Cubs and Bears pull off successful rebuilds most fans know that patience is key and don't expect an overnight success. The only difference is you can see a plan in place with the Cubs and Bears. You can see progress with the team. The Bulls front office hasn't even proven they even have a plan at this point.
    Last edited by ILMindState; 01-15-2019 at 07:00 PM.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    67,390
    Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    I think 99% of the people here are happy they're losing. I haven't seen many complaints about that. The complaint is that they didn't do this a year or two earlier.



    Mirotic got them the 22th pick and I think he had higher value than both. I'd be happy if they can get a 1st for Portis but it doesn't seem like they're trying to move him, which I think is a mistake. I also don't think they're looking to trade Dunn which is fine. They should keep Dunn for now.



    Bringing back LaVine was a good move. But I don't think he's a star. He's a guy that puts up points on a bad team.



    Lauri is good. You can make an argument that Donavan Mitchell, John Collins, or Kyle Kuzma should have been drafted instead. But I have no problem with the Lauri pick at 7. He has however been injury prone and regressed this year and that is very concerning.

    Carter is decent. He looks like he can be a starting center in this league. Both are good young players but neither of those guys would be someone you can build a franchise around.



    • The Justin Holiday trade is fine. It's nothing to be proud of.
    • I have a feeling we'll just end up buying out Rolo. I don't think he has any value.
    • Parker was a terrible signing and I don't think the "Well we had money" is a good excuse for it. You can use the cap space to absorb a bad contract in exchange for draft picks.
    • Do people want Blakeney? He's just whatever. He wouldn't make the roster on a good team
    • Hutchinson seems really raw for a guy that played college for 4 years.
    • I didn't like the hiring of Hoiberg and I don't like the firing of him either. Boylen looks completely unqualified to coach in the NBA I don't care how you try to spin that whole scenario.





    The Mavs are a fringe playoff team because of Doncic so maybe the Bulls are contenders with him. If they had properly committed to tanking from the very beginning by not resigning Mirotic then they might not have had to worry about trading up to get him.

    Nobody in here is saying a rebuild is supposed to be fast but the Bulls haven't been competitive since 2015. I don't think the rebuild should be judged from the point of the Butler trade when it was obvious they should have started rebuilding a year before. You also conveniently left out all the bad moves they have made in recent years such as:

    • Pretending to have a coaching search and hiring Hoiberg because he's friends with Gar
    • Releasing Spencer Dinwiddie because you traded for MCW
    • Letting Dwyane Wade rob you of 30M to play 60 games
    • Gison and McDermott trade for Cam Payne
    • Signing Felicio to an extension


    After seeing the Cubs and Bears pull off successful rebuilds most fans know that patience is key and don't expect an overnight success. The only difference is you can see a plan in place with the Cubs and Bears. You can see progress with the team. The Bulls front office hasn't even proven they even have a plan at this point.
    Great post. Sums it all up very well.

    I don't think the FO deserves any credit for waiting so long to rebuild and then half assing it like they did last year.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-15-2019 at 07:16 PM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    6,956
    Keep seeing the Bulls metioned as a spot for Dennis Smith Jr. I dont have much interest. If he's not a good fit next to Doncic, I dont see how he would be a good fit next to Lauri.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    46,990
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Keep seeing the Bulls metioned as a spot for Dennis Smith Jr. I dont have much interest. If he's not a good fit next to Doncic, I dont see how he would be a good fit next to Lauri.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Two different players , Dennis suppose to be the point but Luka is the point there in Dallas thatís why they canít fit. Lauri doesnít handle the ball a lot .

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    18,686

    IGT: January 2019 (Bulls Tanking Hard 10-31)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Hell I'm complaining that this team hasn't been losing enough...Which they havnt.

    Bulls picking 7th last year isnt good enough...Niko, Holiday and Lopez should never have been given the opportunity to win the Bulls as many meaningless games as they did.

    If you are going to suck, then go all in.

    Oh and btw, I would have been fine with the Bulls not matching the offer sheet on LeVine.
    Last year was the final year where tanking would pay off for the team that sucked the most. Thatís why there were so many teams tanking. Suns did it right and got a franchise Center. Meanwhile after Pax indirectly admitted that we will be tanking after the Butler trade, he keeps Mirotic, Lopez, etc. and we go on a 7-game win streak that essentially took us out of the top 3. Remember we were 3-20 (worst record) before Niko returned.

    Obviously getting Zion will make up for it, but will be a lot harder now with the new lottery rules.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    6,796
    We really tried to tank. Itís just that so did a plethora of teams.

    I absolutely do judge the rebuild based on the day Butler was traded. From that point I think for the most part weíve made the right choices.

    Niko definitely ruined our tank last year. To an extent so did Dunn and Nwaba. We got hot when Those 3 started playing and Dunn and Nwabaís Defense wouldnít allow us to blow games late. But at the same time, Niko prolly doesnít get us a 1st if that doesnít happen. He was looked at pretty negatively before he game back on fire.

    As for the Parker signing preventing us from taking on a bad contract to inherit picks? If anything thing we should be mad that our front office just isnít willing to do that in general. Itís not like we canít trade Rolo and take on a bad 2 year deal with a 1st attached.

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •