Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    I get the feeling coaches arenít impressed with Dunn. He seems to have regressed this year. Maybe itís a coaching issue but I see no improvement as far as being a point guard with vision.

Him and Lavine who have the ball the most make too many costly mistakes and decisions.

As for Lauri, he still seems to get most of his points when fed the ball for a jump shot. Doesnt seem like a guy (yet) who can consistently take over a game. Great jump shooter who can occasionally drive.
    I disagree. He could put the ball down, is crafty in the paint, could dunk over people, has a nice fade away. The bulls just donít look for him enough and he doesnít assert himself enough. As for as being capable, he has a very diverse offensive game.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I disagree. He could put the ball down, is crafty in the paint, could dunk over people, has a nice fade away. The bulls just donít look for him enough and he doesnít assert himself enough. As for as being capable, he has a very diverse offensive game.
    Probably very true. However, usually assertive guys are assertive from the start. They just have that instinct from day one. Luka for example. There is no reason for Lauri to be timid and yet he is. That may never change.

Iím excited about the possibility of drafting Ja Morant. That 5 should be fun to watch if we can build a good bench. Iím no longer sold on Dunn. Maybe itís because of the system and Boylen. I was much higher on Dunn last year under Fred. He took control of this team. What do you guys think about Terry Rozier? Heís a great fit for this team and can flat out ball. He may be Bos starting PG if Kyrie bolts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Tgey didnít overvalue Portis. They Def donít sound like they are overvaluing Dunn. I donít think anyone is valuing Valentine. They traded McDermott for nothing so they didnít value him. They cut Payne so obviously they didnít value him.

Who exactly is our FO overvaluing?
    Have you missed the last decade plus where they constantly held onto players too long and didn't want to break up their core?

As far as Payne, they cut him after they got raped in a trade when anyone who has seen basketball could tell he couldn't play dead. That's cool though bc the FO liked him coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    Probably very true. However, usually assertive guys are assertive from the start. They just have that instinct from day one. Luka for example. There is no reason for Lauri to be timid and yet he is. That may never change.
    Lauri is putting up the same numbers, actually slightly better, as Dirk in their 1st 2 seasons. Heís getting more aggressive with each passing game.

Tgey didnít overvalue Portis. They Def donít sound like they are overvaluing Dunn. I donít think anyone is valuing Valentine. They traded McDermott for nothing so they didnít value him. They cut Payne so obviously they didnít value him.

Who exactly is our FO overvaluing?
    Our FO has been overvaluing talent since 2003... starting with Donyell Marshall.

Our FO has made plenty of bad moves in the past. The only moves that I care about at this point are the moves from the Jimmy Butler trade and on. Any move prior to that has zero to do with this rebuild, and this rebuild is the FO's last chance IMO. If they screw it up, there is no way in hell they survive.

While everyone, including me wanted them gone before the rebuild, it wasn't really their fault the Rose era failed. They did everything they could to make us a contender. They signed the coach that everyone wanted in Thibs. They went after Wade during the big FA class, but everyone knows that Lebron, Wade, Bosh had that all planned out. That same summer Joe Johnson signed a ridiculously bad contract. Those were the only 4 players that would have put us over the top and there wasn't much we could have done about that. We signed Redick, but got matched. We signed Korver as consolation, which was the 2nd best signing we could have made for a spot up shooter.

We were at the top of the league heading into the 2011-12 playoffs, and lost Rose for that season, and the next, and less then a month into the 2013-14 season we lost him for the season again. 3 seasons of Roses prime were wasted getting paid max money. There wasn't a fix for that situation. He got hurt at the beginning of a max contract. You couldn't move that deal, you couldn't add another star because the money was tied up and what star would want to come play for a team hampered by an injury like that. Our FO went out and did what they could to find a bargain contract in Pau, and that team was a Lebron Buzzer beater away from going up 3-1 vs. the Cavs. The mistake they made that year was trading Deng rather then seeing what we could do in the playoffs with Rose/Butler/Deng/Pau/Noah. We took the Cavs to the brink with Rose/Dunleavy/Butler/Pau/Noah.

From that point on, it was just a waiting game for Rose's contract to get moved, and while no one wanted us too, we tried to be competitive one more time bringing in Wade and Rondo. I can understand the Front Office wanting to try to see what a Butler led team could do, even though it failed miserably. At the very least they moved on quickly from that, and decided to go full rebuild.

After all the BS the FO had to deal with post Rose injury, they kind of deserved 1 last chance at a fresh start. IMO they have made all the right moves during this rebuild. They drafted the best player left at 7 in Lauri, and now he's probably looked at as a top 3 talent in that draft class. They landed and maintained Lavine who finally brought us some youth and athleticism. They bought low on Dunn by getting him as a 3rd piece in that Butler trade. Carter was as good a pick as we could have got at 7 last year. He's definitely a top 7 talent, and likely top 5. They moved Niko who was an afterthought for a mid/late 1st round pick. They traded Justin Holiday for Selden and 2 2nd round picks, one of which is going to be a high 2nd. That's great value for Holiday. We got a young wing for nothing in Luwawu, and if he isn't worth keeping around he won't be here and won't cost anything. We traded Portis before we overvalued him, and paid a premium for a luxury, and in the process acquired Porter, who fills our biggest position of need, and is the exact type of player we need in that slot. We also acquired Porter at a point where it was too late to salvage this season, which is perfect because we want as many lottery balls as possible, and the chances of us getting out of the bottom 4 are slim to none.

Until the FO does something stupid during this rebuild, they shouldn't be fired. They have made all the right moves. We are still at least a year or 2 away from competing, but with our likely top 5 pick, and our young core, and ample cap room to add veterans, we could easily make the same Jump the Kings made from 2017-18 to 2018-19.

Our FO has made plenty of bad moves in the past. The only moves that I care about at this point are the moves from the Jimmy Butler trade and on. Any move prior to that has zero to do with this rebuild, and this rebuild is the FO's last chance IMO. If they screw it up, there is no way in hell they survive.

While everyone, including me wanted them gone before the rebuild, it wasn't really their fault the Rose era failed. They did everything they could to make us a contender. They signed the coach that everyone wanted in Thibs. They went after Wade during the big FA class, but everyone knows that Lebron, Wade, Bosh had that all planned out. That same summer Joe Johnson signed a ridiculously bad contract. Those were the only 4 players that would have put us over the top and there wasn't much we could have done about that. We signed Redick, but got matched. We signed Korver as consolation, which was the 2nd best signing we could have made for a spot up shooter.

We were at the top of the league heading into the 2011-12 playoffs, and lost Rose for that season, and the next, and less then a month into the 2013-14 season we lost him for the season again. 3 seasons of Roses prime were wasted getting paid max money. There wasn't a fix for that situation. He got hurt at the beginning of a max contract. You couldn't move that deal, you couldn't add another star because the money was tied up and what star would want to come play for a team hampered by an injury like that. Our FO went out and did what they could to find a bargain contract in Pau, and that team was a Lebron Buzzer beater away from going up 3-1 vs. the Cavs. The mistake they made that year was trading Deng rather then seeing what we could do in the playoffs with Rose/Butler/Deng/Pau/Noah. We took the Cavs to the brink with Rose/Dunleavy/Butler/Pau/Noah.

From that point on, it was just a waiting game for Rose's contract to get moved, and while no one wanted us too, we tried to be competitive one more time bringing in Wade and Rondo. I can understand the Front Office wanting to try to see what a Butler led team could do, even though it failed miserably. At the very least they moved on quickly from that, and decided to go full rebuild.

After all the BS the FO had to deal with post Rose injury, they kind of deserved 1 last chance at a fresh start. IMO they have made all the right moves during this rebuild. They drafted the best player left at 7 in Lauri, and now he's probably looked at as a top 3 talent in that draft class. They landed and maintained Lavine who finally brought us some youth and athleticism. They bought low on Dunn by getting him as a 3rd piece in that Butler trade. Carter was as good a pick as we could have got at 7 last year. He's definitely a top 7 talent, and likely top 5. They moved Niko who was an afterthought for a mid/late 1st round pick. They traded Justin Holiday for Selden and 2 2nd round picks, one of which is going to be a high 2nd. That's great value for Holiday. We got a young wing for nothing in Luwawu, and if he isn't worth keeping around he won't be here and won't cost anything. We traded Portis before we overvalued him, and paid a premium for a luxury, and in the process acquired Porter, who fills our biggest position of need, and is the exact type of player we need in that slot. We also acquired Porter at a point where it was too late to salvage this season, which is perfect because we want as many lottery balls as possible, and the chances of us getting out of the bottom 4 are slim to none.

Until the FO does something stupid during this rebuild, they shouldn't be fired. They have made all the right moves. We are still at least a year or 2 away from competing, but with our likely top 5 pick, and our young core, and ample cap room to add veterans, we could easily make the same Jump the Kings made from 2017-18 to 2018-19.
    Well they did do something stupid. They fired Hoiberg, made Jim Boylen our head coach. That's going to set this team back at least 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    Well they did do something stupid. They fired Hoiberg, made Jim Boylen our head coach. That's going to set this team back at least 2 years.
    Neither Fred nor Boylen will be our HC when we shift from tanking to competing. No one even wanted Fred here so lets not act like that was some huge decision. Did Fred get the **** end of the stick this year? Yeah for sure. Does it really matter? Not really. Fred was gone at seasons end either way. Boylen won't be here past next season and I'd be surprised if we don't hire someone in the offseason.

Neither Fred nor Boylen will be our HC when we shift from tanking to competing. No one even wanted Fred here so lets not act like that was some huge decision. Did Fred get the **** end of the stick this year? Yeah for sure. Does it really matter? Not really. Fred was gone at seasons end either way. Boylen won't be here past next season and I'd be surprised if we don't hire someone in the offseason.
    Half this forum was open to the idea of bringing in Fred. I definitely was not.

Hate to knock a guy due to injury but everytime Dunn goes nears the basket for a shot, itís nerve wrecking. I especially hate when he tries to dunk.

Iíve come to the conclusion that Dunn is nothing more than a backup PG. If we donít get Zion or RJ, we should go PG for sure.

Something is up with him for sure. He was running the team much better last year.

I don't think the coach helps him much.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast