Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets hire Gase

Jets hire Gase

@schefter
    Jets expected to hire HC Adam Gase, per me and @JeffDarlington.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Freak me!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

MMehtaNYDN
    My understanding is that Matt Rhule told the #Jets that he would not agree to a staff that was put together by GM Mike Maccagnan and VP of Player Personnel Brian Heimerdinger.

Again, it is hard to fault Rhule for taking that position.
    So I guess he agreed to that...
    Last edited by Wrench; 01-09-2019 at 09:11 PM.

It's a good hire honestly. He's had the Dolphins pretty much competitive his whole career there. He will be good for Darnold. He needs to clean up how he deals with players, but I think he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    It's a good hire honestly. He's had the Dolphins pretty much competitive his whole career there. He will be good for Darnold. He needs to clean up how he deals with players, but I think he will.
    We where 31st in offense and 29th on defense last season. Records don't tell the hole truth. Team was never that bad under Philbin....

It's a good hire IMO. Gase won't be able to release/trade too many talented players on the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It's a good hire IMO. Gase won't be able to release/trade too many talented players on the Jets.
    So true. He has a clear ego problem.

Gase had the same issues for three seasons and never would admit any issue or try and fix them. Terrible on the road, terrible to start games and could never run a O that would sustain drives. Gase's game plan almost never changed week to week. Run the ball to start the game, throw short passes. If the game gets out of hand he will abandon the run and finally start pushing the ball downfield. Every single week.

schadjoe
    In three seasons under Adam Gase, the Dolphins were 31st, 25th and 31st in the NFL in first downs per game. The Jets were 27th, 29th and 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    As a Dolphins fan, i’m beyond ecstatic that he stayed in the division.

Horrible hire

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Because he is not in charge of player Personnel like he was in Miami.

Unless you are making a joke that the Jets don't much talent, besides Darnold and their 3 pro bowlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    As a Dolphins fan, i’m beyond ecstatic that he stayed in the division.
    As a Jets fan, I look forward to the arrogant prick to run up the score on the Dolphins.

Great hire for the Jets. I think that Gase will be in a better situation, with a better QB and other talent in play, and also not the bad cap situation that the Dolphins had when he came on board. I definitely think he was the best guy for their job.

I personally like it too . Would be interesting to see what him paired up with Darnold looks like.

Gregg Williams to be DC.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Holy crap what an awkward interview for Mr. Gase today.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast