Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Jets hire Gase

This will be interesting. It's not gonna end well but at least it will be entertaining. Imagine the coaches trying to run the team with an iron fist. Jamal Adams might literally hit someone with an iron fist

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Alshon Jeffery is a big fan of the #Jets hiring his former #Bears OC.

His impact will be huge. I think Darnold will excel. Knowing the Adam Gase that I know & the potential the Jets are looking for, Im pretty sure Sam is going to be a Super Bowl MVP. He can win a Super Bowl.
    Im still bitter about us not drafting Alston, I was very high on him that year

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    Peyton Manning pushed for him. Darnold really wants him. If those two like him that is good enough for me. I don't care what writers and media thinks their opinions are worthless. I am all in on Gase. Come on Jets fans give him a chance. I will be interested in who he brings in for DC.I also want him to retain the special teams coach Boyer.
    What do you expect the players to say?

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    I hope this works out with Gregg Williams. I love what Trumaine said he doesn't coach defense he attacks the offense. I also like that he uses a 4-3 rather than 3-4 defense. That would be good for the Jets because they have some good D/LINEMAN in Williams ,Pennel and I hope they will resign McClendon and H. Anderson. There are a lot of DL/DE'S in free agency such as Ware. Clowney, Ford to name a few. The draft is also heavy with some great choices at these positions. Should be able to get at least 2 good pass rushers. Williams is aggressive and I like that.
    Dont forget Frank Clark
    I seriously hope some of these guys become available

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    What do you expect the players to say?
    Manning didn't have to say anything he just volunteered. Darnold talked to him and liked him before he was hired.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Meh. I don't love the hiring of Gase, but I am not putting any stock in the opinions of Joe and Evan on this or any other Jets decision. Joe is consistently wrong about any number of Jets decisions and both are often hyperbolic about most decisions the Mets/Jets make. They are fans of the team, so there is no objectivity.

Also, they guy they both swear was the only obvious right choice, McCarthy, is a guy I, and many other Jets fans, were lukewarm on at best. It also doesn't seem like there was much interest in him from other teams in need of a coach. If he was such a slam dunk, then why weren't there reports about other teams being all in on him.
    This.

Although, I will say that the non hiring of Mccarthy clearly came down to the fact that he wanted to pick his own staff and probably want more control than the Jets were willing to give him. I was never a huge fan of McCarthy myself, though. We'll see how Gase does. Hopefully he can be the offensive coach the Jets need to develop Darnold. If he's not, they probably just set back the franchise 5 years. He seems like a good offensive mind and a lot of his former players vouch for him. Those are good signs.

Good thing Gase livened up this board some, means I dont have to return yet.

Hes back!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Hes back!
    And sexier than ever!

Hey Clay.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    And sexier than ever!

Hey Clay.
    I thought you got the ban! Glad to have u back broseph

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I thought you got the ban! Glad to have u back broseph
    Hey Scope.

As schedules change, so does availability.
    Let the good times roll.

If Manish writes trash about Gase during Training Camp he should officially be canned because at that points its obvious he's a troll. He was trollish about McCarthy and got what he wanted. I don't want to keep reading Jets hating crap out of the Jets beat writer

Quote Originally Posted by MetsKnicks View Post
    If Manish writes trash about Gase during Training Camp he should officially be canned because at that points its obvious he's a troll. He was trollish about McCarthy and got what he wanted. I don't want to keep reading Jets hating crap out of the Jets beat writer
    Joe and Evan on WFAN called him out on it too!
    Eichel Tower

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsKnicks View Post
    Manish is horrid. I truly hope he gets canned. He is truly a troll.

Mush

This is the interview when he said the Yankees will sign both Harper and Machado. Then one sentence later, said they wouldn't sign either. It explains the confused look.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Manish is horrid. I truly hope he gets canned. He is truly a troll.
    I've always seen him as a troll but this is what he wanted. So if a troll gets what they want and keep trolling...goodbye...can't say I'll miss ya Manish

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast