Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets hire Gase

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/01...nsive-schemes/

Breaking Down Adam Gaseís Offensive Schemes

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I'm pretty indifferent regarding the Gase hiring. As the day goes on, I do have to say I'm starting to warm up to it. In my opinion, there really wasn't a great candidate out there this year anyway. I never liked McCarthy, I thought he under performed as Packers coach. Other than him, who was out there? Rhule? Beienemy? These guys may be good, but I would bunch them in the same batch as Gase, and at least Gase has experience, and Peyton Manning took the time to personally endorse the guy. Now, let's hope he fills his staff out with great assistants, and get ready to move on to free agency and the draft.

Another interesting fact I heard on Francesca yesterday. Apparently no Super Bowl winning coach has ever won a championship with another team. Just another strike against McCarthy.

i hate this move, i am trying to stay positive. but with the picks we have, and the money we have to spend we dont win more than 6 games i want to clean house

Alshon Jeffery is a big fan of the #Jets hiring his former #Bears OC.

ďHis impact will be huge. I think Darnold will excel. Knowing the Adam Gase that I know & the potential the Jets are looking for, Iím pretty sure Sam is going to be a Super Bowl MVP. He can win a Super Bowl.Ē

Peyton Manning pushed for him. Darnold really wants him. If those two like him that is good enough for me. I don't care what writers and media thinks their opinions are worthless. I am all in on Gase. Come on Jets fans give him a chance. I will be interested in who he brings in for DC.I also want him to retain the special teams coach Boyer.

I was at the home opener when we played the Dolphins after the Monday night win against Detroit. Like everybody else, I drunk the cool-aid thinking this was finally the year things turned around after destroying the Lions on MNF. To make a long story short, looking at the Dolphins sideline Gase was giving fist pumps, shaking hands, hitting his players on the helmet, etc. He shown more personality on that sideline in 60mins than I have seen in the entire 4 years out of Bowles. I feel that he is going to coach up our players, have them ready for games, unlike Bowles.

After more reading (there is such a mixed opinion on this hire), I have started to come around to it. However, the real issue here isn't the HC. It's Mac and Heimerdinger because these are the guys that wield the power in bringing in players and personnel to lead the Jets to success. Given their history, we're in deep **** and I have zero confidence in them. We could have the ghost of Lombadri as HC but if these *** clowns don't get us some talent, no matter how great Gase is at squeezing out performance from mediocrity, we're done for. Those 2 should've been fired along with Bowles but they better be on the hot seat now. March 1st is the real testament to how this team is gonna look for 2019 and beyond.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I have to admit that seeing so many people of knowledge coming out in support of this hiring, I am also coming around to the hiring.

Mush

This is the interview when he said the Yankees will sign both Harper and Machado. Then one sentence later, said they wouldn't sign either. It explains the confused look.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have to admit that seeing so many people of knowledge coming out in support of this hiring, I am also coming around to the hiring.
    Hope springs eternal. Grasp at those straws. We all do.

Like you, I felt negative about the hire, but am happy that there are positive testimonials. Very concerned about the one report that Gase doesn't value the offensive line much, since that is my top gripe with the organization of late. Still have lower than average confidence in Mac., but this is the year that he will make or break his career as GM.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

New #Jets coach Adam Gase is on the verge of a big hire: Former #Browns interim coach Gregg Williams is in talks with Gase to become their new defensive coordinator, sources say. Things are progressing in this direction, and those involved believe itíll get done.

I hope this works out with Gregg Williams. I love what Trumaine said he doesn't coach defense he attacks the offense. I also like that he uses a 4-3 rather than 3-4 defense. That would be good for the Jets because they have some good D/LINEMAN in Williams ,Pennel and I hope they will resign McClendon and H. Anderson. There are a lot of DL/DE'S in free agency such as Ware. Clowney, Ford to name a few. The draft is also heavy with some great choices at these positions. Should be able to get at least 2 good pass rushers. Williams is aggressive and I like that.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast