Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    If the Eagles lose, would this forum collapse upon itself and turn into a black hole? I need to know now; I don't want to be sucked into the event horizon.
    Pretty active group regardless of standings.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    If the Eagles lose, would this forum collapse upon itself and turn into a black hole? I need to know now; I don't want to be sucked into the event horizon.
    Lol if Cowboys and Eagles lose? You better get outta here quick!

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I kind of feel like Dallas is not supposed to be here yet. The youth scares me. I asked this before and it’s probably hard to answer but has the youngest defense in football ever been top 5 before? But with all the top defenses in the league does any of them play behind a better offense? This team is young but balanced . It’s just a different thought process that I haven’t had since the nineties. For a long time it was always can Romo carry a average team. So you really only had 1 thing to concentrate on and that was Romo. But this team can win in multiple ways.
    I checked the record books and the 2018 Cowboys are the first team in history with 22 potential All Pros.

The Rams are the favorite and should be the favorite. They have one of the 3 best offenses in the NFL, the best defensive player in the NFL, and are playing at home. They’ve also had basically 3 weeks off. The majority of the “experts” are picking them to win and Vegas has them as the heavy favorite.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I prefer the Cowboys as the underdogs than as the favorites. They always play better when their backs are against the wall or when the expectations are low. When people expect them to lose they usually win. It’s when they are the favorites and they’re felling themselves that they usually lay an egg. That’s what happen against the Colts a couple weeks ago.

So with that said, I think they have a good shot to win this game. As good as the Rams are at rushing the passer they are just as bad at stopping the run. Also Gurley has been banged up for the last couple of weeks. If they can hold Gurley in check and keep him under 100 yards I think they’ll win. Goff has also been very suspect the last couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    The Rams are the favorite and should be the favorite. They have one of the 3 best offenses in the NFL, the best defensive player in the NFL, and are playing at home.
    Having the best defensive player hasn't translated to having a good defense though. It never seems to do so with the Rams. Maybe penetration by one player isn't the end all be all.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Cowboys were able to run on the Rams consistently EXCEPT for a handful of plays were Donald tackles Zeke in the backfield.

I think Dallas will win this game but I'm hoping for them to lose.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-11-2019 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Facing your D wasn't an issue, remember, Carson tied things up.

It was our secondary (and suspect officiating) that got in the way.

I like our chances knowing it took 3 incredibly blown calls (kickoff fumble, Goedert OPI that negated a TD, and the blatant Cooper OPI that wasn't called) and Daks best performance against a middle school C team secondary JUST to get the game in to overtime.

I like our chances.
    Oh right I forgot it had nothing to do with Dallas even though they beat you twice it was all the excuses you guys made. Don’t forget the sun in their eyes.

Oh right I forgot it had nothing to do with Dallas even though they beat you twice it was all the excuses you guys made. Don’t forget the sun in their eyes.
    You should really learn the difference between reason and excuse.

You should really learn the difference between reason and excuse.
    What is the difference?

Want the Rams (and Saints) to win for an NFC showdown.

But if the Cowboys win this game, then I want the Eagles to beat the Saints. Eagles/Cowboys would settle the NFC East debate once and for all - then we can close any NFC East threads permanently in the future.
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Want the Rams (and Saints) to win for an NFC showdown.

But if the Cowboys win this game, then I want the Eagles to beat the Saints. Eagles/Cowboys would settle the NFC East debate once and for all - then we can close any NFC East threads permanently in the future.
    Why would one game settle a debate once and for all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    What is the difference?
    Excuses are attempts to not accept blame.

Reason is context towards an end result.

Excuse: we lost because of the refs
    Reason: There were several calls (kickoff, goedert, cooper poi) that hurt chances to win.

Is there not an obvious difference?

Excuses are attempts to not accept blame.

Reason is context towards an end result.

Excuse: we lost because of the refs
    Reason: There were several calls (kickoff, goedert, cooper poi) that hurt chances to win.

Is there not an obvious difference?
    Maybe the music was too loud. Maybe they were distracted by the giant screen. Maybe they were distracted by the giant booty on the cowboy cheer leaders . Maybe they ate some tex mex the night before and had the runs. Or maybe just maybe since it happened twice that Dallas was just the better team this year...lol.. you have one excuse and that’s Foles not playing. I’ll buy that the guy is magic. But all the other crap is just excuses and sorry ones at that. Only a Eagle fan will claim a non scoring play bad call decided a game when there was 14 minutes and 56 seconds left in the first Qtr😆😆😆

Maybe the music was too loud. Maybe they were distracted by the giant screen. Maybe they were distracted by the giant booty on the cowboy cheer leaders . Maybe they ate some tex mex the night before and had the runs. Or maybe just maybe since it happened twice that Dallas was just the better team this year...lol.. you have one excuse and that’s Foles not playing. I’ll buy that the guy is magic. But all the other crap is just excuses and sorry ones at that. Only a Eagle fan will claim a non scoring play bad call decided a game when there was 14 minutes and 56 seconds left in the first Qtr😆😆😆
    Nobody has done this.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

I think Dallas will come out prepared and take a early lead, rams settle down and make it close but cowboys end up winning. I think Dallas wins by a FG.

Nobody has done this.
    O yes they have

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast