Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11,943

    Divisional Round: Dallas Cowboys (11-6) at Los Angeles Rams (13-3)

    Code:
    Dallas Cowboys AT Los Angeles Rams
    1/12/2019 8:15 PM EST
    LA Memorial Coliseum
    .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11,943
    Big game this weekend. I have confidence that we have the talent to win this game, but I'm not overly confident in Garrett to put in place a solid gameplan to win the game. I have this feeling that he is going to play ultra-conservative, which is not a good idea against a very innovative coach in Sean McVay.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Big game this weekend. I have confidence that we have the talent to win this game, but I'm not overly confident in Garrett to put in place a solid gameplan to win the game. I have this feeling that he is going to play ultra-conservative, which is not a good idea against a very innovative coach in Sean McVay.
    I think the whole Garrett thing is a little overstated. We won the NFC East and also beat the Seahawks. If we're going to give credit to the team, we have to give credit to the coaching staff. It's not always pretty, but it's still fundamental football. The Rams 3 losses all had Gurley held to 48, 28, 68 yards... so just like Zeke for us, Gurley's play significantly impacts the Rams. The Rams front 7 have not been very disciplined at keeping their positions that's why they get gashed for a lot of run yards, even though they have some monsters that are able to go after the QB. Many of the NFL broadcast analysts seem to think that this game won't be a home game for the Rams, pointing out that LA has a long history of having big time Cowboy fans...they are as curious as we are to see how many represent. Though, they have sold much of their tickets already before it was announced...so maybe that might help the Rams.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11,607
    Only way we win this game is by doing something we havent done all year.....put up 20+ on road. We are a very bad road team and are very offensively challenged. Can defense get after Goff like they did Brees? Is Beas and Silo healthy? Conner will get man handled by Donald or Suh so how do you counter that as well. Hey nobody expected us to even be here right now and with our 3-5 start this is a blessing. Let's just play lose and have fun. We are the underdog rest of way. Anything can happen.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,442
    Both Jarwin and Beasely have ankle sprains. They didn't participate in tuesday's practice.

    Kris Richard used to coach for the Seahawks for 8 years facing the Rams twice a year...so he probably has seen a lot of tape on the Rams tendencies. It certainly helped vs the Seahawks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11,943
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Only way we win this game is by doing something we havent done all year.....put up 20+ on road. We are a very bad road team and are very offensively challenged. Can defense get after Goff like they did Brees? Is Beas and Silo healthy? Conner will get man handled by Donald or Suh so how do you counter that as well. Hey nobody expected us to even be here right now and with our 3-5 start this is a blessing. Let's just play lose and have fun. We are the underdog rest of way. Anything can happen.
    Sua-Filo is practicing so I think he'll be active, but I'm not sure he will start. They seem to like how Williams has played the last few games. I'd roll with Sua-Filo for his strength, but they can also make an adjustment in-game (if Garrett is willing, which is a big "if").

    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Both Jarwin and Beasely have ankle sprains. They didn't participate in tuesday's practice.

    Kris Richard used to coach for the Seahawks for 8 years facing the Rams twice a year...so he probably has seen a lot of tape on the Rams tendencies. It certainly helped vs the Seahawks.
    He only went against McVay last year though, so his other years don't really matter a whole lot I don't think. They've had so much roster turnover too, it's really hard to rely on that IMO.

    I don't know if Jarwin plays or not, but Beasley definitely will. They're just resting him and hoping his ankle will feel a lot better with rest. I bet it's the same for Jarwin. Both finished last game playing.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Sua-Filo is practicing so I think he'll be active, but I'm not sure he will start. They seem to like how Williams has played the last few games. I'd roll with Sua-Filo for his strength, but they can also make an adjustment in-game (if Garrett is willing, which is a big "if").



    He only went against McVay last year though, so his other years don't really matter a whole lot I don't think. They've had so much roster turnover too, it's really hard to rely on that IMO.

    I don't know if Jarwin plays or not, but Beasley definitely will. They're just resting him and hoping his ankle will feel a lot better with rest. I bet it's the same for Jarwin. Both finished last game playing.
    Conner played well, but he still got pushed around on a few plays. Suo was one of the reasons this line stabilized. I think the Seahwaks probably did a lot of internal homework on McVay's tendencies, pulling archival footage of everything he did so Kris probably studied that. I don't want to give Kris all the credit because I think Marinelli has done a bang up job.

    Man, Jawrin and Beasely are crucial. Sure, Amari is our home run hitter, but that's more hit or miss. Two games he's hot...some others, he was more the decoy. But, Jarwin and Beasely actually run the routes that make Dak comfortable. Stuff up in the middle of the field...they serve as security blankets. Dak's numbers drop when it comes to those long throws, so the intermediate and short routes are more of a sure thing. Plus, the Rams defense is more undisciplined in the middle of the field. They have a bunch of studs, but they have been undisciplined and shown poor technique at times, not communicating. That's why you see them gashed for big yards in both the run and some of those pass plays in the middle.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,442
    True. The Cowboys have not been as good on the road. A lot of that has to do with the offense. They were ranked near the bottom in passing most of the year (something like 31st). So that's why the Cowboys have lost games where the Cowboy defense held the opponent to only 16 points because the offense could only muster 8 points. I have no idea how the Rams defense will play this weekend so that's the unknown. The Cowboys did seem to start doing better when Zeke started putting up better numbers. Gurley makes a big difference for how the Rams play, just like Zeke does with us. It's probably because it puts too much pressure on defenses to have to defend so many things, rather than just key in and rush the quarterback.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,442
    It's not looking good. Both Jarwin and Beasely did not practice today. They might go with more Rico Gathers and Tavon Austin. Beasely does so many great things...that would be a huge loss. And Gathers, while showing some athleticism really has not shown anything this season. That's the benefit of not having to play wildcard weekend. You can get your players healthy while not risking them to getting banged up. In truth, Suo Filo, Zack Martin, Tyron are all banged up, but they will still play.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    3,306
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    True. The Cowboys have not been as good on the road. A lot of that has to do with the offense. They were ranked near the bottom in passing most of the year (something like 31st). So that's why the Cowboys have lost games where the Cowboy defense held the opponent to only 16 points because the offense could only muster 8 points. I have no idea how the Rams defense will play this weekend so that's the unknown. The Cowboys did seem to start doing better when Zeke started putting up better numbers. Gurley makes a big difference for how the Rams play, just like Zeke does with us. It's probably because it puts too much pressure on defenses to have to defend so many things, rather than just key in and rush the quarterback.
    And this is why you need your offensive coordinator to come up with a little more color and wrinkles offensively to help the offense out.

    Follow the Black Saiyan of Sports @TeddyGreenIII

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,442
    One of the big differences between the Rams defense and the Cowboy defense is discipline. This year's unit has been pretty sound in where they are supposed to be and seem smarter in diagnosing what's happening. If you look at the Rams, they are super aggressive, but that also hurts them because they over pursue and end up opening gaping running holes. The concern is that they somehow get it together and that talented bunch plays lights out. The Cowboys have two of the fastest linebackers so they are very good at filling the gaps and running sideline to sideline to tackle. They are ranked much higher against the run than the Rams. But, the Rams before their slump were rolling on offense and one of the top ranked offenses all year, until that slump kind of took their ranking down. I see experts hedging their bets...they keep saying that the Rams are the favorites, but their gut tells them that they wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys surprised them. They also keep pointing out that it will be like a home game for the Cowboys. Since most of the tickets were sold before the announcement, I am not so sure. But, maybe the people that bought tickets weren't necessarily Ram fans, just football fans that just want to see football. Or maybe they were bought up by scalpers. The tickets from the ticket brokers are sky high right now.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    3,760
    Disciplined start on defense..........


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11,943
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    Disciplined start on defense..........


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah not too pretty, at least only a fg

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    3,760
    Coooooop


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11,943
    Nice we got aggressive Garrett tonight! And big play to Coop!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •