Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chris Jericho and Neville/Pac sign with AEW

Fresh off of the announcement of the rally in Jacksonville, the first major names from WWE has jumped ship and signed with AEW.

What do you think about these major signings? If you had little interest, does this increase your interest?
    Fan of Red sox , Chicago bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA

They signed also MJF, Joey Janela, Penelope Ford,

Bad *** Billy Gunn, is gonna be a producer For AEW

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    They signed also MJF, Joey Janela, Penelope Ford,

Bad *** Billy Gunn, is gonna be a producer For AEW
    I noted that as I was doing live updates in the AEW forum, I just didn't think they warranted their own thread but yeah good signings.
    Fan of Red sox , Chicago bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA

Vince/wwe should be ****ing embarrassed that a legend like Jericho would rather work in Japan and for an upstart company than in wwe at this point in his career. It says alot about how bad the creative and the restrictions are right now. A guy like Jericho should be appearing for 2-3 big feuds a year and be a big contributor in wwe, but instead he'd rather work for the more "fun" companies.

I'm glad this is happening. I really hope AEW succeeds and gives wwe the slap in the face it needs so they can wake up and stop ****ing around.

Lets hope some of the underutilized guys in wwe start jumping ship too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    Vince/wwe should be ****ing embarrassed that a legend like Jericho would rather work in Japan and for an upstart company than in wwe at this point in his career. It says alot about how bad the creative and the restrictions are right now. A guy like Jericho should be appearing for 2-3 big feuds a year and be a big contributor in wwe, but instead he'd rather work for the more "fun" companies.

I'm glad this is happening. I really hope AEW succeeds and gives wwe the slap in the face it needs so they can wake up and stop ****ing around.

To me the biggest problem WWE has is that they have TOO MUCH talent and not even time to developed such talent.

There will be a lot of WWE talent that will be watching AEW very closely. If AEW can proved itself to be a viable opportunity, I believe you will see a lot of talent leave WWE for AEW, like Dolph and Apollo Crews.

Wrestlers no longer need the WWE to be stars, I think Omega, YB, Cody has proven that.

All I know is that as soon as AEW gets started, I am tuning out WWE programming, excluding NXT.
    Last edited by Bluefire; 01-09-2019 at 01:26 AM.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    To me the biggest problem WWE has is that they have TOO MUCH talent and not even time to developed such talent.
    I agree, but unfortunately nobody is "over" so it's all going to waste, which supports my point. WWE is sitting around with their dicks in their hands doing nothing to improve the product. There are so many guys being wasted which is making Raw almost unwatchable. It will be great if AEW actually succeeds. Getting Jericho and Pac is impressive. There will surely be WWE guys that jump once their contracts expire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post

There will be a lot of WWE talent that will be watching AEW very closely. If AEW can proved itself to be a viable opportunity, I believe you will see a lot of talent leave WWE for AEW, like Dolph and Apollo Crews.

Wrestlers no longer need the WWE to be stars, I think Omega, YB, Cody has proven that.

All I know is that as soon as AEW gets started, I am tuning out WWE programming, excluding NXT.
    This is my problem with AEW and AEW fans. Just because they put on a very good show for All In doesn't mean squat. They had months to prepare for that show. Let's see what AEW does when they have a week to week television product and they have to come up with 2 hours or more of tv during said time. Sure, Cody can hire writers but who the hell is going to book the show? How is the writing going to be? So many questions need to be answered.

The hype around the product is great and let's hope they get it right but they still have a ton of work to do.

Right now all AEW is ROH, NJPW, MLW, etc with better financial backing. Aside from Jericho, they're a bunch of guys who have headed companies that still haven't been hugely successful except for NJPW and that's in Japan.

It's not going to save wrestling.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-09-2019 at 10:01 AM.

AEW has a great opportunity, though. I agree that they have to do a good job. They have the hype and the money at the moment. I think Cody and the Young Bucks are smart guys. But I agree that they have to put together a whole promotion and weekly shows, not just one big PPV here or there.

I hope they try to act like a big time promotion but start small. Perhaps that's tough with the big name talent they have - guys like Cody, Omega, etc. need to get paid. And to get paid, they need to draw in money. But if they have a good business plan, hopefully they try to take a loss for the first 3-5 years and build the product organically.

They don't need a huge roster, they don't need two hours of TV. 1 hour is usually long enough for a wrestling show. What if they try for a 1.5 hour show? It'll be interesting what kind of a network will pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    AEW has a great opportunity, though. I agree that they have to do a good job. They have the hype and the money at the moment. I think Cody and the Young Bucks are smart guys. But I agree that they have to put together a whole promotion and weekly shows, not just one big PPV here or there.

I hope they try to act like a big time promotion but start small. Perhaps that's tough with the big name talent they have - guys like Cody, Omega, etc. need to get paid. And to get paid, they need to draw in money. But if they have a good business plan, hopefully they try to take a loss for the first 3-5 years and build the product organically.

They don't need a huge roster, they don't need two hours of TV. 1 hour is usually long enough for a wrestling show. What if they try for a 1.5 hour show? It'll be interesting what kind of a network will pick it up.
    But I actually think in some ways that is what people are looking for. People don't want a PPV every 3 weeks. I actually think that is part of the appeal of NXT; sure they have their weekly TV for an hour or so, but their PPV's are scattered to the big events WWE has and most of the matches are very exciting.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is my problem with AEW and AEW fans. Just because they put on a very good show for All In doesn't mean squat. They had months to prepare for that show. Let's see what AEW does when they have a week to week television product and they have to come up with 2 hours or more of tv during said time. Sure, Cody can hire writers but who the hell is going to book the show? How is the writing going to be? So many questions need to be answered.

The hype around the product is great and let's hope they get it right but they still have a ton of work to do.

Right now all AEW is ROH, NJPW, MLW, etc with better financial backing. Aside from Jericho, they're a bunch of guys who have headed companies that still haven't been hugely successful except for NJPW and that's in Japan.

It's not going to save wrestling.
    I agree. I simply want a viable competitor to the WWE. Which is why I am crossing my fingers about AEW. WWE needs a competitor despite the fact that Vinny Mac hates competition.

Right now, outside of NXT, to me WWE is a stale product. WWE is a children's wrestling program, and I prefer a more adult oriented product.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    All because they refused to send NXT on his cruise. This is what it all comes back to.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    All because they refused to send NXT on his cruise. This is what it all comes back to.
    thats was #2 how this push for All in then AEW started

#1 was the young bucks and Cody doing the mock DX invasion at RAW in Cali. WWE took that way to seriously sent the cease and desists to the Bucks that they made the t shirts for

at least I think that happened first haha

First Sim League Title!

Jericho signed a three year deal with AEW. I think thatís pretty big news because it will take him to age 51, effectively taking him to the end of his career. With his deal, he gets to work NJPW and do his cruise, and Iím sure heíll continue to tour with fozzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Jericho this is a no-brainer. Probably the perfect situation at his age and stage of his career. He has nothing left to do in WWE and in AEW he gets both the money and (almost certainly) all the creative freedom he could wish for, plus keeping all his outside wrestling & non-wrestling gigs.

Plus it still helps him build his brand. Jericho is the ultimate hype machine. He gets to make himself seem more important than if he went to wwe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast